Haunted Mansion has 2 stretching rooms...

Lee

Adventurer
I'm greatly enjoying this thread.
I had no idea that anyone didn't know about the multiple stretch rooms and Mission to Mars/Alien Encounter/Stitch theatres.

Nobody thinks the stretching rooms go down do you?

Disney2002

Originally posted by Chape19714
Just a few type o's :

It's a fun fact, not a fun fast!
AND
I should have said if both sides were operating, not if both sides were empty!

Although, to correct your logic somewhat...

While you spend more time OUTSIDE if only 1 room is working, you will have to spend more time INSIDE if both are working. The doombuggies will continue moving at the same rate regardless of the number of lifts in use. Therefore, it all comes down to waiting longer outside... are facing some more chaos and longer lines in the doombuggy loading area.

Also, regarding test track... it took me a couple of rides to realize B was a fake course. Tricky stuff!

And while I may have missed it, has anyone mentioned the fact that there are...

4 centrifuge rooms in Mission Space.
Multiple Simulators for Body Wars and Star Tours.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Originally posted by bigfatdonna
Poor, poor Merlin. I'm actually embarrassed for you:eek:
that you must draw your superiority from a WDW fan message board. Truly pitiful.
Oh, and save the "Oh, I was just joking, lighten up!" response. You don't have to be a genius to percieve the condescending tone of this one.

I'm happy to say that I do not know everything that there is to know about Walt Disney World and Disney in general. If I did know it all, then I'd probably lose interest in the whole thing and move on to something else (maybe). ;) I enjoy delving deeper and discovering new things in the process. Since you've apparently already reached the mouth-watering status of the Disney Knowledge Gods, don't you think it's time to take up a new interest? Haven't you grown bored with this stagnancy? I hate to see anyone reach a stand-still in their life.
Oh yeah, hahahahahaha. Hope you get the humor in my post too.:rolleyes:

Sounds like you're the one trying to "sound superior". I don't think Merlin and the others were trying to act like they "know everything." But I must confess that I, too, thought there were some facts about Disney that were just "basic" knowledge that all, or most, Disney fans knew about. The 2 stretching rooms in HM would fall in this category.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by CHAPPS
Sounds like you're the one trying to "sound superior". I don't think Merlin and the others were trying to act like they "know everything." But I must confess that I, too, thought there were some facts about Disney that were just "basic" knowledge that all, or most, Disney fans knew about. The 2 stretching rooms in HM would fall in this category.

Exactly!! And as I stated in my post, I wasn't jumping on the fact that some people were unaware of the 2 stretching rooms. I said what amazed me was the fact that some people were ARGUING the point. I wasn't trying to "sound superior". I was making light of it (which I thought was evident with all of the "facts" I listed at the end of my post).

I guess what I SHOULD have said amazed me was how oversensitive some people can be. I mean really, some folks really DO need to lighten up a bit.

bigfatdonna

You have to be joking. How can you NOT hear the condescending tone in the opening remark??! I mean just see, Tigsmom and DDuckFan130 posts quickly following to see that I wasn't the only one that "got it".

Don't worry Merlin. I'm not mad at ya. Couldn't you tell that I was only playing around too?!:animwink:

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by bigfatdonna
I was worried that you might not be able to sleep tonight. :snore:

Nah! Whenever I have trouble sleeping, I just turn on The Disney Channel. Does the trick every time! :snore:

Dayma

I had no idea that anyone didn't know about the multiple stretch rooms and Mission to Mars/Alien Encounter/Stitch theatres.

I am also enjoying this discussion. I had no idea Hm had two room....guess I never thought about it...

stitch62678

This is my first post but...as a matter of fact Yes...there are two rooms. Why not have two because it they didn't, then the lines would be extra long and that would make people mad...I know it would make me mad.

However, the rooms do not go down at WDW...its unecessary. The reason is the building that houses the ride is behind the Mansion facade itself. They just included the stretching room in the one in Florida because everyone loved it in Disney world. Oh, and another thing about the two rooms is that one gets to entertain one group while the other one is loading..cuts time in half when waiting.

I know, people probably already know all this stuff...but I just wanted to say something, this being my first post an all....

imagineer99

For the record, I find this thread quite amusing. I also knew that Merlin was just joking. Geesh....lets lighten up all!

I knew all that has been said thus far...except for the whole track "b" thing on test track. Could someone explain this?:)

stitch62678

Track B is probably there for the storage of the cars...or just to make people wonder what is actually back there...Because I've certainly wanted to take a look back there...What it is used for will remain a mystery..for now...

Chape19714

about track B on test track, it may be used to store cars, but i always thought (and this is NOT confirmed) that track b would be selected if it started to storm durring your ride, as the track split is just before you go outside. I thought if it started storming track B would be selected and you would go into the garage and out to the station, or they would have you exit somewhere else. That's just my CRAZY theory! I am probally wrong on this one! Any Comments?

Chape19714

Originally posted by Disney2002
Although, to correct your logic somewhat...

While you spend more time OUTSIDE if only 1 room is working, you will have to spend more time INSIDE if both are working. The doombuggies will continue moving at the same rate regardless of the number of lifts in use. Therefore, it all comes down to waiting longer outside... are facing some more chaos and longer lines in the doombuggy loading area.

Also, regarding test track... it took me a couple of rides to realize B was a fake course. Tricky stuff!

And while I may have missed it, has anyone mentioned the fact that there are...

4 centrifuge rooms in Mission Space.
Multiple Simulators for Body Wars and Star Tours.

Yes, but if only one room was working there would be a big gap and many doombuggies would go empty! The rooms don't hold that many people, i thought they were huge when I was 5, but i got bigger and the rooms got smaller!! lol:hammer:

stitch62678

That is not entirely crazy. As a matter of fact that is quite a good point made. It seems like a good place to go it it did start storming because other rides might have a place to go when it rains or when the weather gets pretty bad.

That is a good thought...good job on bringing that up...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom