News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

LSLS

If I had to guess, I’d say a good amount of people in the park right now have no idea of Hatbox Ghost’s existence
Probably not. You'd think at a MINIMUM they would have made a quick story for the app on it. I log onto the app, it has no mention of Hatbox appearing today. Just seems really weird they went with no story, no hype, nothing. Just let it appear.

LSLS

it is a party night to MK is usually quiet during the day .... but would think those that are there would flock a bit more to HM
true, but other rides there have 45+ minute waits. I think the idea nobody there knows he's there holds water. Heck, would anyone here know if we didn't have people posting pics/videos while we sat at our computers? It's not in the app, heck, it's not even mentioned in the Disney World or Disney Parks facebook pages.

TheMaxRebo

true, but other rides there have 45+ minute waits. I think the idea nobody there knows he's there holds water. Heck, would anyone here know if we didn't have people posting pics/videos while we sat at our computers? It's not in the app, heck, it's not even mentioned in the Disney World or Disney Parks facebook pages.

yeah, definitely fair - and noticed Disney putting out other things on social media (saw about Zootopia and a new Hanukah download screen background, etc.), so not like they are completely radio silent

JohnD

After watching it multiple times I think it’d look a lot better with more of a red lighting tone to at least match the endless hallway scene. He pops out like a sore thumb. It’s beyond me how they didn’t put him in the attic.
I'm going in several weeks so will have to see it in person to get a better impression. But I have to agree. I thought the same reddish wallpaper would be behind him to blend in. I love the HM wallpaper but it just doesn't work here.

Scuttle

Love the figure. But definitely disappointed in the placement.

One of the most effective, subtle build-up moments of that area is the air blowing on riders as the GH says “Shhhh …. Listen….” Now, I’m worried some of that effectiveness is lost due to Hatbox’s appearance/lighting, as well as the materialization sound competing with the GH audio. Still love the figure, but … *sigh*
That’s how all of us that actually appreciate great storytelling feel.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
November 30 is "late November" by definition. They kept to the timeline. Not sure why you think that is "stretching" the timeline.
because its the latest they could physically go
for example, if Disney said something was opening late summer and it opened september 22, wouldn't you agree it was stretching it?

zipadee999

That’s how all of us that actually appreciate great storytelling feel.
Agreed. To think about the scene you kind of have to put blinders on and just take it as it is. The second you think of the grand scope of the mansion itself you just say “what were they thinking?!”

Although for the scene itself I still think they made the most of this placement and the figure itself looks awesome

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Ok, so let's say Disney said "Our new TV show will air in 2023" and it aired Dec. 31 at 11:30 PM. Would you not agree that's stretching it?
either way, not to go off the topic of the thread. Just feels like a bit of a cheat for late november
No, because it really is late summer. In this case, they said late November and guess what? We're still in November.
Quite literally my only point is it feels very unplanned. No celebration, no announcement even, just sorta taking a curtain down. Thats it. Feels very much unplanned for such a popular character

In the Parks
No
1701358108651.png
1701358166827.png

Disneyland version VS WDW version

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
For the record, I think it looks fantastic. Just wish they'd made a DPB announcement, or a X post, or something other than just taking down a curtain last night. Not as much as a dedication ceremony, but telling people "hey this is when to expect this massive hyped-up thing to happen" would have been nice. And it feels late, even if it's not. That's all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom