News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

LSLS

I'm glad he's finally there, I feel bad for anyone who considered "late November" to be anything less than today and missed this. Sucks for anyone who was hoping to see him beforehand and couldn't.
I don't think this would result in some sort of big push to book a trip to go see, but cynical me thinks that was exactly what the plan was. Get people to book trips hoping they'd see it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I agree. Lighting is terrible.
I'm guessing this looks totally different in person. Most cameras (especially cell phones) will adjust for the bright area which will make everything else look darker.

There have been reports that a lot of the delays in presenting him were in trying to deal with lighting issues. It seems they had to find the best possible balance.

EDIT: This one is a little bit better balanced to what you likely actually see.

yensidtlaw1969

After watching it multiple times I think it’d look a lot better with more of a red lighting tone to at least match the endless hallway scene. He pops out like a sore thumb. It’s beyond me how they didn’t put him in the attic.
The Attic was not possible at Walt Disney World, for reasons that are complex and can't be stated publicly.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Another view

Haunted-Mansion_Full_54195.jpg

Haunted-Mansion_Full_54196.jpg

Indy_UK

looks like both his arms move a little - definitely some motion

I sure hope he moves the same as Disneyland otherwise I would actually be a little annoyed.

from the images and video, the colour contrast looks way off and they should have done the red hallway wallpaper behind hatbox but as long as it looks good in person, then that's fine for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom