News Hatbox Ghost coming to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion

yensidtlaw1969

Yeah, I feel like ideally he would go somewhere after Leota but before going backwards down. If the DL spot isn’t feasible then maybe right before entering the attic? Any space after Leota but pre-ballroom? I dunno.

I will say that I get the “no ghosts before Leota” concept but tonally he fits better in the creepiness in the beginning of the ride than he would in the Graveyard with partying ghosts. 🤷

Truthfully, there really isn't a lot of space between Leota's scene and the Graveyard where you could put much of anything. Even knocking down walls won't really work since so many in that space have something important right behind them.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’ll remind: we are just starting a 5 year period of no significant additions…
Pay up, Plebs!

Considering all the recent changes this may be the best possible scenario for the parks.

The hotel renovations have largely been huge downgrades, the restaurant renovations have largely been huge downgrades, the newest cruise ships are huge downgrades, the new rides don’t fit the themes of the lands they’re in….

I’m at the point I don’t want modern WDI to touch anything else because it’s all a downgrade.

I’d hoped the return of Bruce Vaughn signaled a change in the direction of WDI but the just opened Trails End is horribly bland, just like all the other recent changes, Disney doing nothing may be the best we can hope for.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Considering all the recent changes this may be the best possible scenario for the parks.

The hotel renovations have largely been huge downgrades, the restaurant renovations have largely been huge downgrades, the newest cruise ships are huge downgrades, the new rides don’t fit the themes of the lands they’re in….

I’m at the point I don’t want modern WDI to touch anything else because it’s all a downgrade.

I’d hoped the return of Bruce Vaughn signaled a change in the direction of WDI but the just opened Trails End is horribly bland, just like all the other recent changes, Disney doing nothing may be the best we can hope for.
…I get your point…but that isn’t the way to keep that Goose alive either

brettf22

Premium Member
I fully reject any argument portraying itself as logical or self-consistent that the clear appearance of a materialized ghost in a crystal ball isn't itself breaking the narrative that we don't see materialized ghosts until the ballroom scene.
While I agree the “no ghosts pre Leota” argument is somewhat tenuous, I’m more concerned about the pacing. And while the original intention may not have been for a strictly linear story, the pacing we have most definitely has story beats in it that could (assuming they actually do slam a DL Hatbox clone down next to the endless hallway) be negatively affected.

The Hatbox Ghost can be placed in the Doom Buggy loading room and guests will be fine with it.
IMG_2394.jpeg

Tha Realest

We obviously care about, and think about, these things more than the people whose jobs it is to do so. If they don’t care, why should we?

Scuttle

One caveat is Steakhouse 71 and the Contemporary lobby refurb. They did a superb job there.

TheMaxRebo

We obviously care about, and think about, these things more than the people whose jobs it is to do so. If they don’t care, why should we?

Why is that obvious? Maybe they have a lot of backstory and thought process into this decision. Maybe it will all make sense and be amazing.

The attraction has changed a ton over the years as had the lore - maybe this is just the next step in that.

In the end you may disagree with their thoughts pieces and the final product but saying they don't care personally I think is silly

Vegas Disney Fan

I'm not one who beats the drum that "the Bean Counters" twist Imagineering's arms at every turn . . . but let's not pretend that they can just do *whatever* they want.
I’m sure it’s a huge factor, I envision the hat box discussions going like this…

Executives: Guest surveys are saying they want the hatbox ghost in WDW like at DL…
WDI: ok, we looked at it and it will take some restructuring of the ride to place him near the attic.
Execs: how much will that cost?
WDI: for a normal company it would be $100k but for us it’ll be $2 million.
Execs: that’s outrageous, are their other options?
WDI: We could put him near the hallway but that doesn’t really make sense for the story.
Execs: How much?
WDI: $250k
Execs: It accomplishes the goal, that’s good enough, do it.
WDI: (looking at all the empty seats their fired coworkers used to sit in) Yes boss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom