Has your resort reservation been changed yet? To what resort?

DisDadWoz

Since we are now moved to a villa room at Riviera, what amenities are in the room (TP, dish soap, paper towels, coffee, etc) so we know what to bring ourselves/order from Amazon or Garden Grocer? Thanks in advance
We'll be there next week in a 1 bedroom villa so we'll let you know what the room is like.

trip is July 25-29. Original hotel was BI. Got moved to Garden View Contemporary. I was told that BV on had 1 bedrooms left and would have to pay difference in rate. I guess I'm okay with Contemporary considering no park hopping anyhow but we liked the ability to walk to HS and Epcot. How many other hotels are on the Contemporary bus route to HS, AK and Epcot if we don't take the monorail? If we take the monorail we have to transfer over for all three parks right?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
trip is July 25-29. Original hotel was BI. Got moved to Garden View Contemporary. I was told that BV on had 1 bedrooms left and would have to pay difference in rate. I guess I'm okay with Contemporary considering no park hopping anyhow but we liked the ability to walk to HS and Epcot. How many other hotels are on the Contemporary bus route to HS, AK and Epcot if we don't take the monorail? If we take the monorail we have to transfer over for all three parks right?
Before the pandemic, Contemporary shared a bus with WL to HS and AK. However, during the initial reopening, it is likely each resort will have its own dedicated buses in order to abide by social distancing measures.

If monorail service is available you will need to transfer from the resort line to the Epcot line at the TTC. MK and Epcot are the only parks serviced by the monorail. Buses will take you to HS and AK from the Contemporary bus stop.

carriebeth

Had 3 rooms booked for all star music in Sept. finally got through to change. Was getting moved to Pop. That was the only thing I was offered and was fine with whatever. Anyways first they only had 2 regular rooms available so one room had to upgrade to preferred and I had to pay the difference. Which I was not happy about mostly because the rooms are me, my husband and our 8 children one being 18 and 3rd room lead. But the preferred means our rooms won’t be close together. Next I was asked if I wanted to remove park hopper and I said yes. We originally booked on a free dining bounce back last year. Well I was told if I removed park hopper it voids my original park package discount price which is the 35% when dining plan was cancelled so I pay full price for rooms. I guess I thought the 35% was a sorry we cancelled your dining plan now you have to pay for 10 people to eat for 14 days perk. I guess it’s a you have park hoppers which are useless and more expensive so we will give you 35% off. Keeping the discount is more expensive for us with the large number of tickets we have than paying full price for the room.
another thing is my 18 year old and I have passes that would have originally expired before this sept trip. Now they are good for it. I asked if we could drop out park hoppers and use our passes and no was the answer. We both have at least one other trip on the extended pass period planned so if we choose the discount instead of renewal we can’t use the pass later. It really diminishes our pass value as we had 2 trips each cancelled during closure.
So this trip has really really gotten expensive. We now have to pay for a preferred room. We have to pay to feed 10 people for 14 days. We have full price rooms, cannot use passes and an experience that will be severely limited. My husband says cancel for sure

Hcalvert

Had 3 rooms booked for all star music in Sept. finally got through to change. Was getting moved to Pop. That was the only thing I was offered and was fine with whatever. Anyways first they only had 2 regular rooms available so one room had to upgrade to preferred and I had to pay the difference. Which I was not happy about mostly because the rooms are me, my husband and our 8 children one being 18 and 3rd room lead. But the preferred means our rooms won’t be close together. Next I was asked if I wanted to remove park hopper and I said yes. We originally booked on a free dining bounce back last year. Well I was told if I removed park hopper it voids my original park package discount price which is the 35% when dining plan was cancelled so I pay full price for rooms. I guess I thought the 35% was a sorry we cancelled your dining plan now you have to pay for 10 people to eat for 14 days perk. I guess it’s a you have park hoppers which are useless and more expensive so we will give you 35% off. Keeping the discount is more expensive for us with the large number of tickets we have than paying full price for the room.
another thing is my 18 year old and I have passes that would have originally expired before this sept trip. Now they are good for it. I asked if we could drop out park hoppers and use our passes and no was the answer. We both have at least one other trip on the extended pass period planned so if we choose the discount instead of renewal we can’t use the pass later. It really diminishes our pass value as we had 2 trips each cancelled during closure.
So this trip has really really gotten expensive. We now have to pay for a preferred room. We have to pay to feed 10 people for 14 days. We have full price rooms, cannot use passes and an experience that will be severely limited. My husband says cancel for sure
They are just being difficult to be difficult. SMH 😠 At least you were given an alternate resort. I was given the "let's wait and see" and "you will get a room somewhere-we'll let you know eventually" answers for my trip in 12 days.

nickys

Premium Member
Since we are now moved to a villa room at Riviera, what amenities are in the room (TP, dish soap, paper towels, coffee, etc) so we know what to bring ourselves/order from Amazon or Garden Grocer? Thanks in advance
Are you being moved to a studio or a 1-bed/ 2-bed etc?

You will have everything you listed anyway. Bathroom toiletries, paper plates and disposable cutlery. Microwave, toaster and mini fridge, plus the coffee maker.

If you’re in a 1-bed or lrager there will be dish washing liquid (a little bottle), a couple sachets of dishwasher powder, plus laundry detergent for the washer dryer. Plus of course you’ll have the full size fridge and the freezer, and the cutlery, dishes, pots & pans etc.

nickys

Premium Member
They are just being difficult to be difficult. SMH 😠 At least you were given an alternate resort. I was given the "let's wait and see" and "you will get a room somewhere-we'll let you know eventually" answers for my trip in 12 days.
Jambo House villas are confirmed as opening on the DVC site, but only the pool will open. None of the restaurants or store.

This is the wording, not linking because it’s on the booking page when I sign in:

All Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World are now open with the exception of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House which will open July 10. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village is open and welcoming home Members and Guests. Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House prior to July 10, will be transferred to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Uzima Pool will also open, however, all other amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. A shuttle from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will be provided where available merchandise locations and restaurants are located.

Hcalvert

Jambo House villas are confirmed as opening on the DVC site, but only the pool will open. None of the restaurants or store.

This is the wording, not linking because it’s on the booking page when I sign in:

All Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World are now open with the exception of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House which will open July 10. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village is open and welcoming home Members and Guests. Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House prior to July 10, will be transferred to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Uzima Pool will also open, however, all other amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. A shuttle from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will be provided where available merchandise locations and restaurants are located.
This week, Disney took Jambo off their list again. That is what I am going by. As of Wednesday, it was confirmed by the owner with member services that Jambo is most likely not opening on July 10. Apparently, there are conflicting reports and maybe they have not made a final decision yet and are waiting for further bookings/movement. I just checked the site again and there is no mention of Jambo opening up in any form through 2021.

1593264226402.png

1593264398329.png

nickys

Premium Member
This week, Disney took Jambo off their list again. That is what I am going by. As of Wednesday, it was confirmed by the owner with member services that Jambo is most likely not opening on July 10. Apparently, there are conflicting reports and maybe they have not made a final decision yet and are waiting for further bookings/movement. I just checked the site again and there is no mention of Jambo opening up in any form through 2021.

View attachment 479748
View attachment 479749
Yes but that’s WDW. I think it was confusing people into thinking Jambo House itself is opening, so they removed it.
The info I posted is for DVC members who can book, confirming it is open for DVC bookings.

I thought it may be useful to know that you’ll only have the pool open there. Seems I was wrong. Feel free to ignore it if you like.

Hcalvert

Yes but that’s WDW. I think it was confusing people into thinking Jambo House itself is opening, so they removed it.
The info I posted is for DVC members who can book, confirming it is open for DVC bookings.

I thought it may be useful to know that you’ll only have the pool open there. Seems I was wrong. Feel free to ignore it if you like.
We're fine with things not being open as we are only there for 5 nights and then moving to Poly.

coachwnh

You will have everything you listed anyway. Bathroom toiletries, paper plates and disposable cutlery. Microwave, toaster and mini fridge, plus the coffee maker.

If you’re in a 1-bed or lrager there will be dish washing liquid (a little bottle), a couple sachets of dishwasher powder, plus laundry detergent for the washer dryer. Plus of course you’ll have the full size fridge and the freezer, and the cutlery, dishes, pots & pans etc.
Thank you!

Aurora103

Is anyone booked at Poly prior to their opening who has been moved yet? I’m curious what they consider comparable. I’m guessing the Contemporary, but I’m hoping it’s a Villa.

Mainahman

They eve. Supply the laundry detergent?? We've got a 2 bedroom this round, and wondered that.

Mainahman

Can you use both pools? We're at kidani, but if jambos pools open, my nephew might want to try that too while we're there. Where they are so close and both AKL,was not sure how that worked.

nickys

Premium Member
They eve. Supply the laundry detergent?? We've got a 2 bedroom this round, and wondered that.

They do, but not much. We usually pack a sandwich bag of pods, but if you’ll be driving you could Just pack what you like to have at home.

You can always ask for more if you need it, or get it at the store or the laundry room for the studios. Or bring what you like. The reason we don’t do that is coming from the U.K., I’m not sure bringing a bag of white powder in a suitcase or flying with liquid detergent pods in a pressurised cabin would be a wise move. 😁

nickys

Premium Member
Can you use both pools? We're at kidani, but if jambos pools open, my nephew might want to try that too while we're there. Where they are so close and both AKL,was not sure how that worked.
Yes you can freely use both. It’s treated as one resort in that way. It’s a 10 minute walk from lobby to lobby, not very scenic (you hug the outside of both resorts and walk through the Jambo parking lot) or take the shuttle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom