Has anyone spent 2 weeks at WDW?

rioannidis

Hi There. In July 2010 we went for 2 weeks and LOVED every minute!!! Went to the parks 8 days in total (2 at each) and had some relaxing pool days at the resort, OKW. In August 2012, we went for one week, stayed at POFQ and came home feeling it was way too short. SO in 2014, we will be going for 10 days and staying at POFQ again. Can't wait!

taz0162

We spent 17 days one year and went with a year pass which worked out since I traveled back the following Dec with a friend and his family and only had 2 days of that trip that were not covered my my pass. This past trip was 14 days. 12 days were in the parks with Disney Tickets and 2 days in the middle set aside for a side trip to Gatorland (Surprisingly more to do then I thought and had a great time) and Sea World (really packed and felt very cold and un-Disney-like but my wife and Kids had never been there before I had years ago and was kind of disappointed with this visit) If I'm going to go and take my kids to Disney I'm not going to want to worry about missing something. Plan meals and days with a general area of the park that you want to attack, leaving ample time to see everything. There is also many other activities that Disney offers such as The Hoop Dee Doo Review, The Luau at Poly, Horseback riding at the campground, and this last trips first experience Mickey's Backyard BBQ which was awesome and I cannot speak highly enough about it.

The Empress Lilly

My record is 42 days.
paranoid.gif

Britt

Come on Crush..I'am old enough to be your Papa..LOL...There is no such word in the Disney dictionary as a Chill Out day..I'll do my sleeping in that magic bubble in the sky,hopefully not for a good while yet..P.S. Nice to hear from you again..;)
No way you're that old!! You're doing better than me then! I always need some kind of rest days!

Once I lay down in that room at the end of the day, you're not getting this girl up for anything! Rest days are my lifesaver. Haha

Soarin2u

:eek: More people than I'd thought there'd be that have gone for 2 weeks. :eek: My max ever has been 8 days and three were spent on a Disney cruise. Our average is a week. I really want to go for 2 weeks though. Sounds so much more laid back and comforting. Spending a day by the pool with no worries of missing out on anything, being able to take naps without the fear of oversleeping, sitting around chatting at a restaurant, yep, I want that. I'm hoping with all my heart that I can pull off a graduation celebration there for two weeks with a few of my friends. :) You are all so lucky.

everado

My dream is to go for two weeks next year when I turn 50 but it does'nt look too likely at this point.I had knee surgery # 3 last july and # 4 in january,then I sprained my ankle quite badly three weeks ago.I'm on the dollar down and a dollar a week plan for the rest of my life with doctors and hospitals, LOL,so unless my luck changes I won't be in the "magic bubble"for a while.BOO!!

Mrsdonaldduck

We'll be at WDW August 5-20. 16 days of not leaving Disney property. We're not spending everyday at a theme park but added the WP&M option for the water parks and mini golf. Also planned a day at Ft. Wilderness fishing, pony ride, wagon ride and seeing the campfire movie. A DTD day at DisneyQuest then going to see Yeehaw Bob at POR. Matinee movie at AMC and a trip to ESPN WWoS, never been there. Lazy pool/laundry day at the resort then dinner and The Cult concert at House of Blues. Park days we are always one of the first at rope drop. Other days we make good use of the "Do Not Disturb" sign. :) Also have days that are interchangeable in case of bad weather and we only have a few ADR's at our favorite restaurants so we don't feel stressed about being on a daily schedule.
we will be getting there as you leave @MOXOMUMD. We pull in 8/19. I love your plan! We too only have a few ADRs
Have a wonderful trip!!!

Goofnut1980

Does anyone take, or has anyone taken a 2 week vacation and dedicated it solely to WDW. We just got back from a 7 day vacation, which was probably our longest trip with the entire family, but when we got back my sister and I were talking about how nice it would be to have TWO weeks there. Of course, I don't know if that would be possible financially or realistically for us. But it sure would be nice to be able to totally relax the first week and take the parks completely at your own pace without having to worry about packing things in to get everything done. Especially with the our huge family vacation (there were 19 of us this time!).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has taken a 2 week vacation, and dedicated it solely to WDW?

Oh my... I was stressing out when I had 14 to manage and make sure were everywhere I needed them to be. I couldn't imagine 19! Bless you!

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Our trips (with the exception of a short one for MVMCP) have been 10, 11, and 12 days. We are in at least one park every day, but we also find time to swim, shop, and hit DTD. With the longer stays I don't feel guilty sleeping in a bit, going back to the pool a bit, or pressure to go go go.

pluto77

Original Poster
My record is 42 days.
paranoid.gif
Wow! How'd you pull that one off?

It's awseome that so many of you have been able to stay for so long. I think taking a 2 week trip would be pretty awesome. Like others have mentioned, it'd be nice to take things at my own pace, and not have to worry about getting fastpasses at one end of the park, and running over to the other side, just so we can get everything done in a day. I imagine some days I'd take to relax by the pool or hotel, and maybe just go to Downtown Disney, or even just go to see the fireworks. Especially with my whole family who likes to travel together, it'd be great to have more down time enjoying the simpler things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom