Has anyone noticed?

eliza61nyc

I think what you have to consider is that many folks here are supercharged Disney fans. They know the ins and out of the parks, park management and the history. A window out of place sets them off. They've grown up on Disney, it is intimately connected to their happiest times. They believed that they would be taking their grandkids to the parks.
Today's park visitors are not like that for the most part.
I have tons of young families that went to Disney and had a ball, but they're not interested in returning year after year. Not because of anything Disney did but primarily because there's just so much more out there.

Just my observations but I think one of the big reasons is that they don't constantly compare it to "what Disney used to be". They simply ask, can we have a great vacation

JIMINYCR

drizgirl has the answer. Chapeks gone and the target / whipping boy is no longer there to flame. Everything bad, everything negative, was his fault in their eyes. All the world is right, the sun is shining and the streets are paved with gold…. Iger is back.

JoeCamel

Has anyone noticed the change of tone on these forums lately?

I'm definitely not seeing the negativity as much, people seem generally happier with Disney as a whole....

If you agree with this could you give your opinion on what you think has changed?

Haven't you heard? They fired the guy responsible for all the problems in the parks and brought in a new guy to fix them. I'm sure people are just waiting to see how he does (this time).
Bob the savior has risen

Rickcat96

Has anyone noticed the change of tone on these forums lately?

I'm definitely not seeing the negativity as much, people seem generally happier with Disney as a whole....

If you agree with this could you give your opinion on what you think has changed?
Nothing has changed for me, I've said my peace, whether my opinion is right or wrong, I choose to vote with my closed wallet and go explore some new things.

MickeyLuv'r

I'm not reading all rainbows and sunshine myself. It might partly be the threads you are choosing to read, though I agree with above poster that the change is leadership is a factor.

We've also seen a few small positive changes, like ending the hotel parking fee. WDW also announced that - at some unspecified date- AP's will no longer need to make a park reservation if they want to enter a park after 2pm.

On top of that, WDW is now offering some summer discount promotions.

mysto

Complaint fatigue and the great Bob swap as the others are saying.

I'll add that the maze of rules in apps has improved a little. Modify in Genie and auto-reserve for day tickets has reduced complainable situations.

There are still some complaint-worthy issues.

mightynine

I've said my piece and then some on the things I wasn't happy or disagreed with, and without Chapek there to use his quite amazing ability to find another rake to step on, there's fewer public miscues to weigh in on too.

On top of that, the general future of WDW doesn't have much on the horizon for me to get excited about, and the fun insider info has pretty much dried up as those users have either moved on or their own interest in the resort has lessened as well (and possibly their sources are no longer available, so to speak).

Because of that, I find myself going pretty long stretches of not even stopping by here - and I imagine I'm not the only one.

WishIWasRetired

As a former out of state AP passholder, I just stopped caring. I am going to Orlando in March and Staying a resort hotel and I may or may not go to Disney I'm leaving that up to my wife and daughter because I just don't care anymore.

StarshipDisney

We went to Disney for a week last month. We overall thought it sucked. I am so turned off by Disney right now that I just stopped reading this forum for the most part. But rest assured that I am known within my circles as a major Disney fan and now...to the surprise of many...I find myself trashing Disney on a regular basis. The damage to the "Brand" is real and I am positive proof of that.

You will likely see me make some more negative comments as time goes by.

At this point, Disney will have to lure us back if they want my business again. Dropping the parking charges that we just had to pay are only a start.

Jrb1979

I think what you have to consider is that many folks here are supercharged Disney fans. They know the ins and out of the parks, park management and the history. A window out of place sets them off. They've grown up on Disney, it is intimately connected to their happiest times. They believed that they would be taking their grandkids to the parks.
Today's park visitors are not like that for the most part.
I have tons of young families that went to Disney and had a ball, but they're not interested in returning year after year. Not because of anything Disney did but primarily because there's just so much more out there.

Just my observations but I think one of the big reasons is that they don't constantly compare it to "what Disney used to be". They simply ask, can we have a great vacation
I think that's part of it. I also think a bit part is that now guests care more about the IP and less about how good the attraction is cause they have nothing to compare it to.

If I'm Disney the bolded is what they should be worried about. It used to be that by bringing your kids you get them hooked and you go multiple times. If what you saying is true and most people go to see it once that is going to be a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom