Has anyone noticed?

lazyboy97o

Timeshares are overrated. Even time share king , Siegel can’t even get his 90K square foot mansion a few miles from WDW nicknamed “Versailles” finished completion. Construction started in 2004.
Some dude taking forever to build a house has nothing to do with Disney Vacation Club which has a new property actively under construction right now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Timeshares are overrated. Even time share king , Siegel can’t even get his 90K square foot mansion a few miles from WDW nicknamed “Versailles” finished completion. Construction started in 2004.
Goals of the day:
1. Shower
2. Run over no one on the way to/from school
3. Read someone saying that “timeshares are dumb” or “paying for rooms is smart” when they didn’t buy dvc when it was cheap/a good deal

…yep…I’m good 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not just here, I've seen it in multiple places.

I don't know how long this will last trying to rely on first timers and upsetting your repeat visitors.
…it depends on how much growth is in Colorado over the next few years…

Hope they’re building new McMansions and Amazon warehouses…for Disneys sake 😱

Chi84

Premium Member
It's not just here, I've seen it in multiple places.

I don't know how long this will last trying to rely on first timers and upsetting your repeat visitors.
I don’t either. I think they’re going to have to come up with a better balance. We enjoyed our trips immensely in 2018 and 2019. This current system is nowhere near as good for us.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t either. I think they’re going to have to come up with a better balance. We enjoyed our trips immensely in 2018 and 2019. This current system is nowhere near as good for us.
Those years were a hot mess as far as crowd levels…not that it’s better now.

And fastpass+ is not coming back. It’s over, Johnny

TQQQ

Goals of the day:
1. Shower
2. Run over no one on the way to/from school
3. Read someone saying that “timeshares are dumb” or “paying for rooms is smart” when they didn’t buy dvc when it was cheap/a good deal

…yep…I’m good 😎
my DVC has been a home run........paid $99 for 330 points in 2010 in the secondary market at BLT..............Been over a dozen times..........and now its worth almost 2x what I paid for it...........WDW timeshares are a different beast altogether, I'll take it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
my DVC has been a home run........paid $99 for 330 points in 2010 in the secondary market at BLT..............Been over a dozen times..........and now its worth almost 2x what I paid for it...........WDW timeshares are a different beast altogether, I'll take it
Mine was about $60 per…
…the rack prices are beyond stupid.

Turned out to be the right decision…no guarantee at that time though. First 15 years or so of dvc were very pro-customer…it’s slid backwards since…

Wonder why?
1674761106875.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm still don't understand why they went with all these changes park wise after Covid. I know FP+ had to go as it wasn't working anymore but everything else has made things worse.
That’s likely the one thing you can mostly put on chapek…

He’s a low talent $hit peddler…nothing more. Corporate malfeasance to have him running more than the gift shop in dinoland.

Club Cooloholic

I don't know how many. I have seen a lot more posts from DVC members then I have before.
I would wager, are people who bought a lot of points anyway. Are they skipping the parks the whole year? I doubt that. They are the perfect kind of guest for Disney. They own a ton of points, still show up at the resort, probably buying drinks at the pool bar and meals here and there. Take up no space at the already crowded parks. And they get their money from this customer no matter what, kind of the beauty of that time share.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would wager, are people who bought a lot of points anyway. Are they skipping the parks the whole year? I doubt that. They are the perfect kind of guest for Disney. They own a ton of points, still show up at the resort, probably buying drinks at the pool bar and meals here and there. Take up no space at the already crowded parks. And they get their money from this customer no matter what, kind of the beauty of that time share.
Well that’s the best case scenario for them…for sure.

I’m not a renter…but what I’ve seen from renters (as in point lords) is they start out saying they’ll rent part and keep going…but the cash and the fact their eyes tend to wander pulls them farther away from this description over time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom