Has anyone had a good experience with magic Express?

d'Isigny

Original Poster
This is so sad...

How could Disney not know of Mears lack of ability to run a service. I rarely if ever hear anything good about Mears.

I absolutely love Disney because I equate them with the very best in service and love their attention to detail in fulfilling every child, young and old, with a fantasy, filled dream of a vacation. Disney is magical and I have never, ever had a bad experience. Disney is my happy place...my escape.

I thank Disney for trying to extend this gracious offer, but I'd rather pay for a service then to have a bad experience ruin the beginning of my magical vacation...

Upvote 0

Dwarful

d'Isigny said:
I thank Disney for trying to extend this gracious offer, but I'd rather pay for a service then to have a bad experience ruin the beginning of my magical vacation...

Amen!!! I just hope that the first timers who are going down and using this service don't think to harshly of Disney because of this service. We didn't tip our bus driver, as we were so highly annoyed at the whole thing, missing our first bus and having to wait 40 minutes for the next one. Besides, the only thing the driver did for us was to drive us from the resort to the airport, a different cm at pop loaded our luggage and then we were in such a rush several men on the bus just started unloading the luggage while the bus driver started at one end. plus we had to haul the luggage upstairs and get in line to check in with our airline. If you hire out a car service they will drop you off right where you need to be and you can use curb side check in. much easier esp. if you have small children with you.

Upvote 0
wannabeBelle's Experience

I ran into wannabeBelle and her group at TOT yesterday morning and she asked me to post her experience on DME so everyone could see it ASAP. I also used it on my trip (came back today :( ) and I'll say something about it afterwards:

wannabeBelle:
Disembarked Plane: 1:45pm
Arrived in Main terminal: 1:50pm
Checked in with CM: 1:55pm
Inline for Bus: 2:05pm
Boarded Bus: 2:07pm
(en-route movie was Finding Nemo)
1st Stop: Carribean Beach: 2:43pm
Left CB: 2:47pm
2nd Stop (French Quarter): 2:55pm
Left FQ: 2:57pm
3rd Stop (Riverside): 3pm
Checked In: 3:40pm

Belle had nothing but positives to say on the service when I spoke to her. My experiences were very smiliar. Any waiting I had using DME were minimal. A CM I spoke to while waiting for the AK section bus to be prepared said that things were rough in the beginning, but were running much smoother now. My bags were not at the hotel when we checked in, but did arrive about 45 minutes after we checked in. I suggest the service if you don't require use of a car while at the World.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
DukeEarthwalker said:
I ran into wannabeBelle and her group at TOT yesterday morning and she asked me to post her experience on DME so everyone could see it ASAP. I also used it on my trip (came back today :( ) and I'll say something about it afterwards:

wannabeBelle:

Belle had nothing but positives to say on the service when I spoke to her. My experiences were very smiliar. Any waiting I had using DME were minimal. A CM I spoke to while waiting for the AK section bus to be prepared said that things were rough in the beginning, but were running much smoother now. My bags were not at the hotel when we checked in, but did arrive about 45 minutes after we checked in. I suggest the service if you don't require use of a car while at the World.

Thank you and thank Belle. I'm excited about my upcoming trip and I want everything to go well with the transportation.

I'll be at Riverside in July!

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

DukeEarthwalker said:

wannabeBelle:

I am trying to think about this time frame. Does anyone else think 2 hours is too much? I guess it is probably not bad.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

savannahsmiles said:
I am trying to think about this time frame. Does anyone else think 2 hours is too much? I guess it is probably not bad.

No, 2 hours is not too much. The ride from MCO can take approx. 30 minutes and we've waited 30+ minutes for our luggage at the airport and then another 30 at the Mears stop. Add on stopping at several resorts before getting to your own and with the former Mears system, it's taken us 3 hours to get from MCO to the Poly. This is why we started using Quicksilver. We've decided to try DME this trip in July.

The year we rented a car was still a 2 hour trip to the resort what with baggage, shuttle to car rental place, line at car rental, travel.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

savannahsmiles said:

Looked closely at Belle's times, she arrived at the airport main terminal at 1:50 pm and arrived at her resort (PO Riverside) at 3 pm. So her total trip time was 1 hour 10 mins with the longest time being the road trip from the airport to the first stop (36 minutes.) Compared to Mear's previous service on their own, this is great!

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

It was good b/c it was free. It was helpful, just so much waiting on oversized busses that did not fit in the pakring lots.

We had no problems with the luggage.

But the bus ride was so long. We stopped at Caribbean, BoardWalk, Beach, Coronado, Music, Movies, and Pop finally! It was long, took about 2 hours.

We watched A Shark's Tale after the previews.

The trip to Orlando was speedy: Only Yacht, Beach, BoardWalk. Took about 45 mins.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
savannahsmiles said:

One hour, 15 minutes from disembarking from the plane to the resort isn't too bad. People are slow getting off a plane...

Check-in must have been a little crowded...45 minutes

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Original Poster
Nansafan said:
No, 2 hours is not too much. The ride from MCO can take approx. 30 minutes and we've waited 30+ minutes for our luggage at the airport and then another 30 at the Mears stop. Add on stopping at several resorts before getting to your own and with the former Mears system, it's taken us 3 hours to get from MCO to the Poly. This is why we started using Quicksilver. We've decided to try DME this trip in July.

The year we rented a car was still a 2 hour trip to the resort what with baggage, shuttle to car rental place, line at car rental, travel.

You could walk from the airport and beat Mears...

with a broken leg...

Upvote 0

Dwarful

have they been showing the preview movie? When we went we watched Monsters Inc on the way to the resort and nothing on the way to the airport.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Dwarful said:
have they been showing the preview movie? When we went we watched Monsters Inc on the way to the resort and nothing on the way to the airport.

We watched the Welcome DVD and then A Shark's Tale.

On the way home we watched the Goodbye DVD, and that was all.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

JPVonDrake said:
Could you give us an overview of the welcome and goodbye DVDs?

SURE!!

The Welcome DVD was fun and exciting. It featured a huge amount of characters boarding Magic Express busses and getting whisked away to the Grand Floridian. Then it gave a detailed overview of the Celebration and gave a brief tour of each park and what to do in Disney. It was decently long and dealt a lot with the characters, like Hook chasing Pan in the Grand Floridian. If anything, it was way too childish and not very appealing to adults. But it did mix in some vintage Walt-Disney-the-person clips which were very sweet natured and really the root of all the magic. Then there were a whole bunch of company clips just like on Resort TV.

A Shark's Tale, which I had never seen, had funny and creative moments. But it lost my interest. But at least it was playing b/c that bus ride was an hour too long.

The Goodbye DVD was a huge commercial to come on back. They showed all the characters leaving the GF and the process of what to do once at Orlando International, all very step by step. Then some Vacation Club, Cruise Line, Vero Beach, Christmas at Disney, Food and Wine, Behind the Scenes at Expedition Everest, and more company clips. They then showed a great long commercial for Orlando International and all the "fun" things to do there and everything the airport has to offer.

The characters voices do get a little grating, especially Minnie's high pitched squeak and Stitch's incessant growling and grunts.

The last finale on the video was very throat lumpy: It featured the characters singing the Mickey Mouse Club song, the "Now it's time to say goodbye...." Very cute.

Anything else?

Upvote 0

WhenYouWish

surfsupdon said:
The last finale on the video was very throat lumpy: It featured the characters singing the Mickey Mouse Club song, the "Now it's time to say goodbye...." Very cute.

Oh great. That's the LAST thing anyone would need to begin the trip home. :cry:

The videos do sound fun, though. I hope we get to see them on our upcoming trip. Just one question...why A Shark's Tale? What does that have to do with Disney?

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

PCWormsNDirtCup said:
Just one question...why A Shark's Tale? What does that have to do with Disney?

That's why it was so funny!!! It was our bus drivers all time favorite movie. She loved the jellyfish.

She also pointed out the new Nickelodeon Hotel as a "great place to stay with children" b/c of all the special extras they have and how kids are in control. That was funny too, b/c it was a bus filled with parents and kids going to Disney World for the ultimate experience, but here is our bus driver telling us to check out the Nick Hotel. I laughed.

Upvote 0

WhenYouWish

surfsupdon said:
That's why it was so funny!!! It was our bus drivers all time favorite movie. She loved the jellyfish.

She also pointed out the new Nickelodeon Hotel as a "great place to stay with children" b/c of all the special extras they have and how kids are in control. That was funny too, b/c it was a bus filled with parents and kids going to Disney World for the ultimate experience, but here is our bus driver telling us to check out the Nick Hotel. I laughed.

Yeah. Cause the undersea mafia and Sponge Bob (...who have no relation either, I'm sure...!!) beat out Mickey any day. :rolleyes: :lol:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Well, technically, the driver is to show the Disney Welcome / Goodbye video only.

Shark's Tale is not a Disney movie. Why it was shown, I do not know.

Thanks for the overview. We have not been given a chance to see these videos, but hopfully they will arrive at DRC for us to check out.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

JPVonDrake said:
Well, technically, the driver is to show the Disney Welcome / Goodbye video only.

Shark's Tale is not a Disney movie. Why it was shown, I do not know.

Thanks for the overview. We have not been given a chance to see these videos, but hopfully they will arrive at DRC for us to check out.

:sohappy:

They were fun to watch. And I hope to see it again soon, so I hope to talk to you, Mr Drake, soon enough or another Disney Reservationalist. :sohappy:

(I'm not scared opf flying anymore--I'm a bone-a-fide flyer.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

PCWormsNDirtCup said:
Oh great. That's the LAST thing anyone would need to begin the trip home. :cry:

The videos do sound fun, though. I hope we get to see them on our upcoming trip. Just one question...why A Shark's Tale? What does that have to do with Disney?

yup we had that movie too!!! made me cry to, all way to the airport, because, that's what you want to hear....when your vacation is all done!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom