Harry Potter ride/attraction at WDW

ImaginEAR

beauty_Belle27 said:
ok...wow.Not to be mean,but how close minded can some of you people get?!? Harry Potter is close to Disney as much as indiana jones is.Just because you don't want the ride or like hp,doesn't mean you have to be sooo rude.i know I'm definately getting negative rep points for this,but I need to state my opinion.

I'll give you a + Rep because you make a good point.

imagineer99

beauty_Belle27 said:
ok...wow.Not to be mean,but how close minded can some of you people get?!? Harry Potter is close to Disney as much as indiana jones is.Just because you don't want the ride or like hp,doesn't mean you have to be sooo rude.i know I'm definately getting negative rep points for this,but I need to state my opinion.

I think you have to be a forum member who has been here a while to truly understand...

It's a subject that has been discussed, belabored, hypothesized, and rumored about to death. Do a search.

SIR90210

I would not mind a Harry Potter attraction, so long as:
A) It's in Disney-MGM Studios and
B) It's tastefully done
Otherwise, I'll SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER!
icon_hammer.gif

corrwill

Yes they do play Harry Potter Music In MGM...My thoughts...John Williams=Star Wars, Indiana Jones AND harry Potter. It might have something to do with that. Also hate to tell you, but they DO sell Harry Potter Books at the studios. Tower of Terror carries them I believe.

AndyMagic

To set the record straight once and for all. PLEASE stop saying that Disney would never build an HP ride because they don't produce the movies. Indiana Jones has ZERO affiliation with Disney yet it is one of the most popular rides in Disneyland. Shrek is one of the most popular attractions at Universal Orlando yet Universal had nothing to do with the making of the Shrek films. Shrek was made by Dreamworks. It is very easy to buy the theme park rights to films. It is done all the time. I'm not saying Disney WOULD build a ride based around Harry Potter but if they don't, it isn't because they didn't produce the movie directly. Time to come up with new arguments because that one is getting mighty old.

Tim G

So the new attraction will be called, Indiana Jones and the secret of the holy Parry Hooter book... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WeLComeHomE OKW

ok first of all.....shrek is owned by Universal because Universal and Dreamworks are in business together. Just like Pixar and Disney afilliate together, Universal and Dreamworks do. Just wanted to clear that up. lol, but on to the more important matter. Disney has actually acquired the rights to the Harry Potter films...they have shown the movies numerous times on ABC Family, and i think even once on ABC. The books are sold at the parks...and the music plays. Signs clearly point toa maybe. Realistically....they would have to announce something fairly soon for this to be at all possible. Becuz if they create the ride after the hype is over....its not as successful. so all in all....we will see what happens with taht announcement on May 5th.

DisneyFreak529

There is no way this could ever happend. It's like every one said, Warner brothers owns the rights to Harry Potter. You will see it happen in Six Flags before you ever see a bit of Harry Potter at WDW or any Disney park.

Disneyfan1981

Although I love Harry Potter, a ride for him should be limited to a Warner's park. They have Six Flags and it could use something a little different than just coaster. Keep Disney authentic and strictly Disney Owned and Licensed products..

imagineer boy

I can imagine Six Flags attempting a Harry Potter ride. I can imagine "The Harry Potter ROLLER COASTER OF DEATH!!!!! WITH FIVE LOOPS, SEVEN CROKSCREWS, AND ZERO GS!!!!!!!!! Oh, and its themed to harry potter too with a couple of broom sticks here and there, and be sure to buy the books at the gift shop."

I just want good attractions. Harry Potter seems like a good theme for an attraction - I can think of a dozen great ideas off the top of my head...

As for the "what does it have to do with Disney" questions, the same can be said for Star Wars ("Star Tours"), the Twilight Zone ("Tower of Terror"), Aerosmith ("Rock 'n Roller"), and Indiana Jones (both the stuntshow and the Disneyland ride). I'd prefer to see a Harry Potter attraction in MGM, but would be okay with it in the Magic Kingdom, despite the fact it's not a Disney property. (Again, Disneyland's most popular attraction - Indy - is a non-Disney-property).

MKCP 1985

DisneyFreak529 said:
There is no way this could ever happend. It's like every one said, Warner brothers owns the rights to Harry Potter. You will see it happen in Six Flags before you ever see a bit of Harry Potter at WDW or any Disney park.
FACT: At the Warner Bros. Studio Tour in Burbank, there is a "museum" of Harry Potter movie props.

Opinion: Warner Bros. isn't going to give up its U.S. Harry Potter rights to Disney or anyone else.

RedBaron

imagineer boy said:
I can imagine Six Flags attempting a Harry Potter ride. I can imagine "The Harry Potter ROLLER COASTER OF DEATH!!!!! WITH FIVE LOOPS, SEVEN CROKSCREWS, AND ZERO GS!!!!!!!!! Oh, and its themed to harry potter too with a couple of broom sticks here and there, and be sure to buy the books at the gift shop."
Hahahaha.. I was going to say the same thing exactly. I think it will be a cold day before 6 flags will ever have anything creative in one of their parks. I love HP and would love one of the Orlando parks to buy the rights to make a ride. I would also love to know what so many people have agianst HP? Even if for what ever reason you dont like the films, the books are wonderful.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
harry potter = 2 advil and a bloody mary

oh, one little tidbit of themeing you left out of the six flags version..... they would paint the track red and yellow for harrys team color. thats huge DUDE!!!!

lewisc

We don't even know who has the rights to license HP to theme parks. Do the rights belong to WB (movie) or were the rights retained by the author or the book publisher?

The fact that WB is showing movie props doesn't really mean much.

shareadream

If they were to build a HP attraction it would be very exciting because my family love the films and it would be great because my son goes to school with the boy who plays Draco Malfoy so it would be wierd seeing him on a WDW screen.

beauty_Belle27

shareadream said:
If they were to build a HP attraction it would be very exciting because my family love the films and it would be great because my son goes to school with the boy who plays Draco Malfoy so it would be wierd seeing him on a WDW screen.
whoa!seriously?ok on topic for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom