Harry Potter ride/attraction at WDW

Tim G

The_CEO said:
" Welcome to Hogcot"
Which offers now.... a New erotic Attraction...
1krass_2_2.gif
Parry Hotter...

NadieMasK2

Well, I too love HP, and think it would be great in MGM. I'm sure there were people who thought that Indiana Jones didn't belong in a Disney park at the time, but it all worked out very well in the end (IMHO).
( :eek: can feel the flaming already)
I'm wondering, for those who are against it, why? Is it because you personally do not like HP, or themeing or what? It would draw large crowds, that's for sure.

ToTBellHop

This rumor will apparently never die, but it needs to. I think the logical attraction based on the magical world genre for Disney to make will be centered around the Narnia series, since Disney is actually making movies based on those books and spending a lot of money on them.

Ashitaka

Some threads, such as this one, I read the title and just know I shouldn't even click on it, should just ignore it. And yet morbid curiousity just makes me open it up anyways.

Kinda like playing with a scab.

Maybe if we all just ignore any new thread started on this ill-founded rumor, it will stop festering. Unlikely, but ya never know.

Dryice7670

Call me crazy but what does Harry Potter have to do with Disney? I work at Walt Disney World and I must say personally they ever put anything Harry Potter at any of the parks I will never again set foot in them except to work.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
BRER STITCH said:
You guys are nuts!

It opens tomorrow at noon.

Be waiting by the lagoon with a big yellow balloon.

:lookaroun :drevil: :lookaroun :drevil:

dateline monday april 11,2000 12:05p.m.

I for one am extremely disappointed with the new Harry Pooter Extreme Hogwarts Escape Ride.
It was too short, not enough story line, too many animatronics, line was too long, didn't follow the books exactly, cast members kept floating around bumping into guests and it smelled funny too!!

:lol: :lol:

aimster

Disney doesn't even own the rights to HP... only to air the movies on their networks.

SO it's very UNLIKELY it'll happen. I wouldn't mid seeing a HP themed attraction at another park though... like Universal or a Six Flags park.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
If we EVER see a Harry Potter attraction in any theme park, it will probably be Six Flags (because of their ties with WB)....

Captain Hank

Ya know, for some reason I'm just not feeling the deep, resounding hatred for this thread that I did for the others. Maybe it's been long enough for the wounds to heal? Also, there's only one HP thread right now, as opposed to the 3 or 4 we've had before going all at once.

Either way, my opinion stands that there shouldn't be a HP attraction in the MK. MGM, if anything, and even that's a stretch. Also, it's been established that Disney doesn't have the theme park rights to the franchise, so this is all pure speculation. I do really like the books, just not especially the idea of an attraction, or the severe forum clogging we've experienced with this topic. If the discussion stays confined to this thread, I think I'll be okay with it.

joe22

I was at MGM the other day and they were playing the HP theme at the Great Movie Ride. MAby warner brothers will cell the rights of the ride over to them also.

BRER STITCH

unkadug said:
dateline mondy april 11,2000 12:05p.m.

I for one am extremely disappointed with the new Harry Pooter Extreme Hogwarts Escape Ride.
It was too short, not enough story line, too many animatronics, line was too long, didn't follow the books exactly, cast members kept floating around bumping into guests and it smelled funny too!!

:lol: :lol:

Now THAT, my friends, is COMEDY!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh!

LET' START A NEW THREAD ABOUT HOW MUCH WE HATE THE NEW HARRY POTTER ATTRACTION THAT HASN'T BEEN THOUGHT OF YET!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

DisneyGal126

Halfling418 said:
I LOVE Harry Potter. LOVE it.

That being said, I think it doesn't make sense to have that at Disney...especially if it has to do with the films--they're Warner Brothers. Disney doesn't have the rights to them.

I love HP too but that is what I was thinking... :lookaroun

joe22 said:
I was at MGM the other day and they were playing the HP theme at the Great Movie Ride. MAby warner brothers will cell the rights of the ride over to them also.

Now that would be neat! :sohappy:

WDWScottieBoy

We all know Harry Potter isn't ever coming to WDW, and let's just say people shouldn't talk to Bill about this either because we all know what happened then.

AliciaLuvzDizne

what?
there's going to be a harry potter ride??
what the heck
why wasnt i informed??

:lookaroun

(isnt there a search button around here somewhere??)
:lol:

beauty_Belle27

ok...wow.Not to be mean,but how close minded can some of you people get?!? Harry Potter is close to Disney as much as indiana jones is.Just because you don't want the ride or like hp,doesn't mean you have to be sooo rude.i know I'm definately getting negative rep points for this,but I need to state my opinion.

ImaginEAR

Dryice7670 said:
Call me crazy but what does Harry Potter have to do with Disney? I work at Walt Disney World and I must say personally they ever put anything Harry Potter at any of the parks I will never again set foot in them except to work.

Then I guess you'd better leave. They play the Harry Potter scores by the Sorcerer's Hat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom