Harry Potter ride/attraction at WDW

LoisMustDie

People, READ the rest of the thread before you post opinions. All of this has already been posted on this thread, there has been nothing new.

And oh yeah...

Harry Potter will NEVER, EVER become a ride at WDW. So please, in the name of all that is holy, STOP thinking it will.

trackbarroness

LoisMustDie said:
People, READ the rest of the thread before you post opinions. All of this has already been posted on this thread, there has been nothing new.

And oh yeah...

Harry Potter will NEVER, EVER become a ride at WDW. So please, in the name of all that is holy, STOP thinking it will.

:) LoisMustDie I did in fact read the entire thread. And boy do I have a headache. :p
Are you sure about that? :D

Sulley

Just thought I would add some fuel to the fire. I pulled this off of Yahoo! Movies.

Distributor Notes: (3/23/03) When Warner Bros. first acquired the rights to produce 'Harry Potter' movies from J.K. Rowling, they only bought the first four films, with this being the last of that deal.

Who knows, Disney might get the rights to the last 3 films.... and boom the Harry Potter Attraction is born. :lol:

-Sulley

SummerInFL

I would enjoy a Harry Potter ride, but I do think it should be somewhere like MGM Studios, it would fit in with the whole movie theme. I don't think it would take away from the magic there because MGM really doesn't have that disney magic feel to me. Don't get me wrong I love the park because I love movies but its still doesn't feel the same as Magic Kingdom or Epcot.:)

MiRi

LoisMustDie said:

And oh yeah...

Ok, Mr. Iger.

marchofthecards

Hey...

Not this one again...

If WDW (or any other Disney theme park for that matter) get a Harry Potter attraction, I will eat my Gold 50th ears!!!!!!!

How crazy is this?

A direct conflict in Disney's and Buena Vista's interests!!!!

So why Harry Potter, why not LOTR's.....hey King Kong is out this year, why not that???

Because they are not products of the Disney studio's, or even affiliated in ANY way.

Disney have come up with Narnia as a movie trilogy to rival the Harry Potters and the LOTRs to get some share of this viewer market....

Forget the Great Movie Ride also, they won't put a scene of it in there either!

Simes

marchofthecards

nyfrenchy said:
we now interrupt this thread for this BREAKING NEWS:
Harry Potter has bad, very very very very bad values & influences on our american children:

http://www.capalert.com/capreports/harrypotter-prisoner.htm

hilarious isn't it?

FUN FACT: Harry Poter UK title is "Harry Potter and the Philospher's stone". Because too many americans do not know what is a philosopher, the title was changed to "the sorcerer's stone"

How sad. No wonder imagination is on the decline with the likes of fanatical Christians traffic lighting everything. Isn't the bible all about good conquering evil? Theres a very bold line between enjoying a good story and taking part in black magic. The thing is, this website takes great delight in describing graphically each 'bad' scene....... :p gee wiz, the words I have are 'Life', 'A' and 'Get'...... thanks though NYFRENCHY, that made me laugh.

Simes

stitchcastle

If anywhere Potter belongs to MK, not the studios, the movie isn't important enough to be at the studios and it limits the possibilities of the theme if it were put in the studios.

I personally wouldn't want Potter anywhere in the parks but I wouldn't mind seeing him there anyway.

they should just make better movies so we don't have to run to other studios for attractions....

Number_6

nyfrenchy said:
FUN FACT: Harry Poter UK title is "Harry Potter and the Philospher's stone". Because too many americans do not know what is a philosopher, the title was changed to "the sorcerer's stone"

It's not so much that Americans don't know what a philosopher is, but moreover, most had never heard the term "Philosopher's Stone" before sothey wouldn't know that it was magic or alchemically related. If you tell an American about a "Sorcerer's Stone" then they get the idea that it has some mystical power. For those that don't know it already, here's a link to some information about the true nature of the "Philosopher's Stone"(not the one in Harry Potter, but where the name comes from).

http://www.crystalinks.com/philosopherstone.html

Captain Chaos

LoisMustDie said:
It's called "common sense." I like to use it sometimes.

I think you are trying to be like Stewie too much. Live in the now, not some cartoon.. Anyways, Harry Potter at Disney? Hmmm, who knows... I doubt it, but ya never know...

Captain Chaos

marchofthecards said:
Hey...

Not this one again...

If WDW (or any other Disney theme park for that matter) get a Harry Potter attraction, I will eat my Gold 50th ears!!!!!!!

How crazy is this?

A direct conflict in Disney's and Buena Vista's interests!!!!

So why Harry Potter, why not LOTR's.....hey King Kong is out this year, why not that???

Because they are not products of the Disney studio's, or even affiliated in ANY way.

Disney have come up with Narnia as a movie trilogy to rival the Harry Potters and the LOTRs to get some share of this viewer market....

Forget the Great Movie Ride also, they won't put a scene of it in there either!

Simes

Let's just include Star Wars and Indiana Jones... Disney has the rights to use these two NON-DISNEY movies in their theme parks.. They can gain the rights to a Harry Potter ride as well... They already have the rights to Harry potter movies to broadcast on ABC. Just because they aren't Disney products does not mean Disney cannot get theme park rights to Harry Potter.

Captain Chaos

Bravesfn1 said:
I think the new Harry Potter ride should involve trying to win some of JK Rowling's money. Man is she loaded!

I'm sure if she wants a HP attraction in Disney she could fork over a ton of money to make the budget huge and therefore the attraction done right.

I just won't hold my breath for a HP ride in Disney. I'm not a fan of HP. One way or the other, a ride in Disney will not affect me. If one if built, I'll ride it. if not, I won't be looking for one.

Bravesfn1

dxer07002 said:
I'm sure if she wants a HP attraction in Disney she could fork over a ton of money to make the budget huge and therefore the attraction done right.

I just won't hold my breath for a HP ride in Disney. I'm not a fan of HP. One way or the other, a ride in Disney will not affect me. If one if built, I'll ride it. if not, I won't be looking for one.

Ah cmon dxer, don't you want to have a HP ride at Disney so you can dress up like a wizard and ride it? You could be just like those dopes who will be dressed up waiting in line to see the next movie in Nov.!

ok_st_is#1

It probably won't happen because of rights issues with WB, and it would actually make World Showcase fun :)(after you finish eating and shopping there's not much to do) and more than a theater for ROE. It woulb be more likely to see this ride at Six Flags done in a spiderman style or at WB Madrid since that park is dying, or even more of a stretch WB Australia

djlb16

Im Totally Sure.

It will never happen... and i think that DISNEY is giving to much to EPCOT i think that a thrill ride in MGM will be the best action

Neptune

djlb16 said:
It will never happen... and i think that DISNEY is giving to much to EPCOT i think that a thrill ride in MGM will be the best action

Well, I think MGM is doing good with the Addition of LMA. MGM already has RnR and Tower of Terror. So, They Do not need any more intense rides. AK is getting Expedition Everest, So they dont. Maybe MK needs another good ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom