Harry Potter ride/attraction at WDW

ChrisStephenHP

LoisMustDie said:
Harry Potter will NEVER, EVER become a ride at WDW. So please, in the name of all that is holy, STOP thinking it will.

I sure hope you don't end up eating your own words!!

Personally, I'm a HUGE HP and HUGE Disney fan. Both take kids of all ages (from 1 to 92, hehe) to a world where they can forget about real life and its challenges for awhile. I appreciate everything both franchises do.

With that said, I believe it would be a true stretch to get an HP-themed ride at WDW. I hope more than anyone that it happens, but something tells me it won't.

However, I would like to throw something out there for the Imagineers among you: what if this "ride" or "area" had entrances from BOTH MGM and EPCOT? This could be easily done; allow me to explain. Perhaps the "main" entrance could be off of MGM (say a re-make of King's Cross Station, where you would board the Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 3/4 to take you to Hogwarts) and another entrance from the England pavilion at EPCOT (say a place to board the Knight Bus or something similar). Those of you who are not familiar with the series will now be utterly confused, but those who are will not be! :)

I think it would be best if WDW created a whole new area for the HP theme. I think it would attract a large clientele (you can't deny the HP fanbase is, shall we say, LARGE and enthusiastic; and it would bring a ton of NEW business, because I know a lot of HP fans who have never been to WDW), and would ultimately be cost-effective.

Just a thought (or two)...

Chris

PS Oh, by the way, to the person who was freaking out about someone's kid knowing Tom Felton, it does seem kind of crazy, but the kids are normal people too! For instance, I know the webmaster of the largest fan-site, MuggleNet, personally. Emerson is one of my good friends.

:) That's all for now. You can now peacefully ignore everything I just said! :)

dave2822

It's an idea that just probably won't ever see it's way off storyboards (considering it has made it that far). First, whether or not Disney owns the rights to make an attraction out of HP, or how much they would have to pay to do so, would be a risk. I realize they are able to show movies on ABC, but that does not mean they have the right to distribute merchandise, collect on it, etc. So, WDI would have to be sure it was a sure-fire hit, which it isn't.

It wouldn't fit into Magic Kingdom, in FantasyLand, which is dedicated to classics. Dumbo, Pooh, Snow White ... Harry Potter, just does not work. Opening some sort of new land? Whole new issue, let's not even begin to get that started.

I also don't see why EPCOT is this great place for HP either. I realize the WS houses United Kingdom, but HP is more mystical than it is British. Also, the land is just not there. Expanding the UK pavlion means it is dominant over the others, which, as I said in another thread, is something Disney wants to stay far away from. They make sure to create all of the lands "equally", so they blend, nothing is imposing, nothing really stands out.

MGM is the strongest possibility IF it were to ever happen, but again, I would be very, very surprised to even see it as a serious rumor.

ChrisStephenHP said:
However, I would like to throw something out there for the Imagineers among you: what if this "ride" or "area" had entrances from BOTH MGM and EPCOT? This could be easily done; allow me to explain. Perhaps the "main" entrance could be off of MGM (say a re-make of King's Cross Station, where you would board the Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 3/4 to take you to Hogwarts) and another entrance from the England pavilion at EPCOT (say a place to board the Knight Bus or something similar). Those of you who are not familiar with the series will now be utterly confused, but those who are will not be! :)

First off, Welcome to the boards! Great to see new faces. I think the idea is innovative, but just isn't possible unfortunately. There is no room for some sort of connection between MGM and EPCOT, the hotels around the boardwalk are already visible from certain spots in the park. This would also be a huge endeavour, and for people to travel out of either park for one attraction would be unheard of, not to mention traffic and crowd flow problems, it would have to be a themed land, which wouldn't belong to either park, which is already confusing me as to what to call it.

So, the whole concept of HP doesn't seem to blend anywhere at the current time, and I couldn't see this attraction ever being a realistic addition to WDW.

Thats a dumb idea its a Warner Bros. Owned movie....duh That will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever happen

wdwfairy

Just because you don't want it to happen, doesn't make it so. :rolleyes:
It's possible for Disney to make a HP attraction, but whether they'll ever do it or not is another matter.

Blink Me

I hate Harry potter and i think it is the worst thing my country has ever made. i hope it never becomes a ride at disneyworld, because the books and movies suck.

imagineer boy

trackbarroness said:
But must it die? :D
:wave: Hi Imagineer boy hows your day going? :kiss:
Have a magical day
Sandy

Okay, you're new here, so let me explain. Over the past, many Harry Potter rumors sprung up, and one particular fellow named Bill started a whole contriversal thread with false rumors and arguments which made him end up in his demise. Over the next few months, many many n00bs came to the boards starting countless threads like "I herd a RUMUR that a Harry Potter ride is being built at disney. I this TRUE???/?? I am going to WDW in a couple of months, and I am hoping it will be open by the time I go!!11!!" And many many many more similar threads sprung up again and again and again until it became an annoyance to many of us older members. That is why we all hate Harry Potter ride at WDW rumor threads.

KentB3

Original Poster
Jseven said:
:sohappy: Lets never speak of this again. Thank you. :)

I'm amazed that this thread lasted as long as it did, with 132 posts on 9 pages; especially since I started it! Looks like I created a monster! :eek: :eek: :brick:

pilka214

yay long thread, and i am contiinuing it............ I HATE HARRY POTTER. yah i used to love it and then i decided there are a lot of better things to do than sit around reading books, (go to wdw). so now i hate it. and personally i think harry potter should die and burn somewhere which i will not mention. and also hp has no place at disney no where never no. if hp goes into disney i will boycott disney as a whole. not one more thing to do with disney. instead off to universal i go. so ya hp better not be built. if it does iger will die.................

Brent

Let It Die!!!!!

I have opions on this to but for everyones sanity let it die PLEASE!!!!!
:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

LoisMustDie

pilka214 said:
yay long thread, and i am contiinuing it............ I HATE HARRY POTTER. yah i used to love it and then i decided there are a lot of better things to do than sit around reading books, (go to wdw). so now i hate it. and personally i think harry potter should die and burn somewhere which i will not mention. and also hp has no place at disney no where never no. if hp goes into disney i will boycott disney as a whole. not one more thing to do with disney.
If you stop going to WDW because of the addition of one ride (an easily avoidable one at that), then you didn't like it that much to begin with, and are just looking for an excuse to leave. It's not the end of the world...otherwise everyone would have stopped going to Disney when they built California Adventure.

pilka214

ok well i must say this, I LOVE DISNEY. honestly there is nothing i would like to do more than go to wdw. but if they were to put in an hp ride, someone would die. I just dont think that hp has a place at disney. its a fantasy world, so it doesnt fit at epcot. and it has people who die and get curses put on them and all that hulabaloo, so it wouldnt fit well at mk. and it isnt affialiated with disney in any way, shape, or form. and if that isnt a good enough reason i dont know wut is. harry potter belongs at universal, not Disney.

Number_6

pilka214 said:
and it has people who die and get curses put on them and all that hulabaloo, so it wouldnt fit well at mk.

Not for or against an HP attraction here, but um... Sleeping Beauty was cursed and at least a villain dies in alot of Disney animation. Heck, Snow White is given a poisoned apple and we have a ride for her at MK. As a result, that argument doesn't really do anything for your case.

LoisMustDie

pilka214 said:
but if they were to put in an hp ride, someone would die.
A little harsh for one ride, don't you think?

pilka214 said:
I just dont think that hp has a place at disney.
So "someone should die" because you don't THINK it has a place at Disney? You are aware that people have different opinions, right?

pilka214 said:
and it has people who die and get curses put on them and all that hulabaloo, so it wouldnt fit well at mk.
The Haunted Mansion is nothing but dead people. People die in Snow White. There are skeletons in the Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Big Thunder Mountain. The Country Bear Jamboree has talking dismembered heads. For crying out loud, THE GUEST DIES AND GOES TO HELL in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and that was decided during Walt's tenure. How is this any worse?

pilka214 said:
and it isnt affialiated with disney in any way, shape, or form. and if that isnt a good enough reason i dont know wut is.
Star Wars isn't. Indiana Jones isn't. The Twilight Zone isn't. Aerosmith isn't. Hell, half of the Great Movie Ride has nothing to do with Disney. Are you saying these attractions should be dismantled on the spot?

I guess Disney doesn't care for your "good enough" reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom