Harry Potter ride/attraction at WDW

LoisMustDie

PeterPan1031 said:
Can We Just Close This Thread Already!!! Theres No Point In Talking About Something That Can Never And Will Naver Happen!!!!!
Well, technically it COULD happen...but it never will.

Number_6 said:
My understanding of a "cult" following where sci-fi and fantasy is concerned is something that does not get mainstream fans, but gets enough away from the mainstream to be popular, even if not originally successful. For example, "Rocky Horror Picture Show" did not do well at all in theaters when first released. For some people, it was just too strange and out there. But, it is very popular due to a large "cult following" and has become more popular as time goes on, though still not really considered to be mainstream. Star Wars and Harry Potter have both done well from the start and have grown in the mainstream, instead of having to wait a number of years before actually seeing any real success. I could be wrong, but that's the way it has been explained to me in the past, so that's what I consider a "cult" following.
Actually no, what you just described was a cult movie/TV show/etc (cult franchise?). Not a cult following. A cult following is simply when the fans of a movie/TV show/book/whatever get so enamored with the subject that they devote WAY too much of their lives studying it. A cult "franchise" is a franchise whose ONLY fans are the cult following. As such, being a cult franchise is not a prerequisite for having a cult following. Hence, franchises such as HP, LOTR, Star Wars, etc. can have cult followings without being a cult franchise, which is what you just described above. Ok?

awallaceunc

My attendance here is sort of hit-and-miss, but it feels like everytime I log in, I see this thread. :lol: (And yes, I know I'm not helping to bury it with this bump, but hey, it was on page 2).

-Aaron

WaSnT mE

omg i hope not i can hardly stand them playing the theme song in mgm it drives absolutely INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connor002

It would be interesting

i don't know how it would work out. no rights to the characters wouldn't work out well. besides everyone knows exactly what the characters look like in the movies. plus, what could it be? i might end up like another haunted mansion, and you can't replace the original

MiRi

Sorry to dig this thing back up.

While at WDW last week, there were three things that I noticed and made me wonder...

• Harry Potter theme music being played at MGM around the Hat.
• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince for sale at DTD.
• At the Comedy Warehouse, the keyboard lady played a little part of the Harry Potter theme song.

All this just kinda made us wonder if maybe there is (hopefully) some truth to these rumors. I am not saying that it'll definitely happen, but you'll never know.

Number_6

MiRi said:
Sorry to dig this thing back up.

While at WDW last week, there were three things that I noticed and made me wonder...

• Harry Potter theme music being played at MGM around the Hat.
• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince for sale at DTD.
• At the Comedy Warehouse, the keyboard lady played a little part of the Harry Potter theme song.

All this just kinda made us wonder if maybe there is (hopefully) some truth to these rumors. I am not saying that it'll definitely happen, but you'll never know.

The theme has been playing at The Studios for awhile now, because it aired on ABC. Most of what you hear playing there are themes from shows and movies broadcast on ABC.

The book is on sale at DTD because it is a major publication that is enjoyed by adults and children. There are plenty of visitors from all over the world and many of them are going to want to get a copy before going home from vacation if they don't have one already. So why not sell it on property to keep people from going off property to find it? It's also sold in the UK pavillion at Epcot.

As far as the lady with the keyboard, she can play whatever she decides and since the book just came out, that's what she decided on.

None of these have anything to do with the possibility of an attraction coming in. Until there is something substantial, like a contract signed that says they can do it, let's just let this subject be. It gets too many tempers flared otherwise.

Cheshire_Cat

hmmm

I'm not quite sure if this is a rumor or not, I guess we will just have to wait and see. I leave for Disney next Wednesday so I will look out for any other signs of it. Other than that I think it would be rather interresting to see a Harry Potter attraction. :)

MiRi

Sorry Grizz.

I was just wondering if it had any meaning to it. I just hope I don't get attacked for posting my little mini-report.

Legacy

I get some time to actually post for a few days and this thread shows up again? What are the chances, honestly?

*shakeshead*

:shrug:

Legacy

MiRi said:
Excuse me for posting a mini-observation.
We don't have a problem with it all. I just think the irony is humorous. The joke around here is that the rumor won't stay down. Honestly, I think the veteran's who have been hearing this rumor for a couple years are past frustration and enjoy the idea more than anything else.

I really hope that there are no hard feelings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom