Harry Potter ride/attraction at WDW

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Thrawn said:
OMG ... die, thread, die!!!

You know in Return of the Jedi when Darth Vader finally has enough of the Emporer kicking the snott out of Luke? He picks up the Emporer and throws him down the shaft......WOULD SOMEONE THROW THIS THREAD DOWN THE SHAFT? :D

Lomma

Potter Rights

I would just like to point out that Warner Brothers has the film rights. Scholastic has the book rights. Different toy companies have licenses to make products. The theme park attraction rights could be anywhere. Early on, the author's counsel could have anticipated there would be interest and made a seperate disposition of these rights to Disney. Warner Bros having film rights means absolutely nothing.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Lomma said:
I would just like to point out that Warner Brothers has the film rights. Scholastic has the book rights. Different toy companies have licenses to make products. The theme park attraction rights could be anywhere. Early on, the author's counsel could have anticipated there would be interest and made a seperate disposition of these rights to Disney. Warner Bros having film rights means absolutely nothing.

Um, yeah, I seem to remember seeing this info posted in one of the other Harry Potter threads......

Legacy

Lomma said:
Except that Disney would have to strike a deal with Warner Brothers in order to use any likeness of the actors, monsters and locals used in the event they built an attraction. If no deal was struck, Disney would be forced to redesign everything, thus costing money that would limit the appeal of the ride. The movies are too popular to NOT immitate the look and feel of them, so yes, Warner Bros. having film rights DOES affect it.

stitchcastle

EpcotEnthusiast said:
i wunder how much dollars it would cost to bye the rites to harry portter?

ne1 now how much? millons? billons? mite be wurth it.

if disney has to spend that kind of money on the rights for one attraction, they should just drop it. Potter is great but not that great, there are lots of other properties that Disney could take and build up on.

WDWCP

hakunamatata said:
You know in Return of the Jedi when Darth Vader finally has enough of the Emporer kicking the snott out of Luke? He picks up the Emporer and throws him down the shaft......WOULD SOMEONE THROW THIS THREAD DOWN THE SHAFT? :D

Vader does WHAT to the Emperor? Now you've ruined it for me!!!

:eek:

imagineer boy

EpcotEnthusiast said:
i wunder how much dollars it would cost to bye the rites to harry portter?

ne1 now how much? millons? billons? mite be wurth it.

Oh my gosh, could you new people PLEASE learn how to write and spell?!?!? That would help us understand you better. :brick:

Legacy

Oh and did you hear? A Da Vinci Code is coming to Epcot! Disney isn't making the film, and I doubt that there even ARE attraction rights to the property. And also the Wonderful World of Dean Koontz is suppose to be coming to MGM!

[/sarcasm]

captcanada

Legacy said:
Oh and did you hear? A Da Vinci Code is coming to Epcot! Disney isn't making the film, and I doubt that there even ARE attraction rights to the property. And also the Wonderful World of Dean Koontz is suppose to be coming to MGM!

[/sarcasm]

Yeah...I heard that too ;)

And, ummm....the Simpsons area. Yeah, thats it! The Simpsons great Springfield ride. Really! ;)

captcanada

cherrynegra said:
OH! MY! GOD! I would almost rather have those white power threads back than see THIS thread!! :rolleyes:

I think that may be the next ride theme they're working on.

Hopefully like buzz lightyear though, where you get to zap them with a "common sense blaster" that makes them see the errors of their ways.

Legacy

cherrynegra said:
JEFFF!! Dude!! You are sorely missed in the PML. Hope you're having lots of fun. :wave: did i just use the word dude?
Bwahahaha! It is good to see my influence has yet to wear off. But do not worry. You have nothing to fear unless you start using the word "shibby" in casual conversation.

NowInc

EpcotEnthusiast..just joined..4 posts..bad spelling..harry potter thread..

me thinks a repeat troll is in our mists

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom