Harry Potter is arriving sooner than expected. What does this mean for WDW?

Captain Chaos

Agree. I'm doing it with Express Pass this year for one day in both parks and I think it will be the most cluttered day. There is really that much to do and see. USF should not be taken lightly. I;m a huge Disney fan, but I'd be willing to sacrifice a Disney day for an IOA day.

And I think this is what you will mostly see... I don't think there is going to be this sudden shift in attendance at all... Sure, a spike in IOA's attendance, no affect on WDW's attendance, and maybe a slight decrease in USO's attendance... Remember, IOA and USO are two different parks...

Captain Chaos

I'm pretty sure I read that JKR didn't want any of the characters from the books to be in the parks as live characters in a meet and greet aspect, so I imagine the show will be, "I'm Professor XYZ and I'm here to do magic."

Did she really say and request that??? Well, that will make those of you who hate meet and greets happy... They can and will have Harry Potter meet and greets though, right?

And, this ride, sounds like it will be a thrill ride... We already know the coaster is... So, how tall would the height requirement be??? And besides some kind of scavenger hunt, what is there for kids to do???? I haven't gone through the entire plan for the area, so I am curious....

krankenstein

Actually, I think you'll see less people going to Universal Studios and a slight increase over at IOA... I don't think the studios proper will see any spike in attendance... And if that winds up being the case, then it is doable in 1 day... But, how many of those people will still take two days and spend them both in IOA checking out Wizarding Worlds majority of the time they spend there??

Honestly, I think people who would typically spend 7 days in WDW will instead spend 5 days at WDW and 2 at Universal/IOA. Something similar along those lines will take place.

Edit: I do think USF will see an attendance spike. With the parks being as close as they are, people will be more inclined to purchase and use the park hopper, IMO.

JustInTime

I hear there will be students walking around in costume as well as random wizards. Kinda like DHS when the people are doing the little minni-show in the street.

Captain Chaos

Honestly, I think people who would typically spend 7 days in WDW will instead spend 5 days at WDW and 2 at Universal/IOA. Something similar along those lines will take place.

And I think people who spend 7 days there do this anyway.... it is those 4 or 5 day people that Disney has to keep on property... I know I spend 10 days down in Disney every year, but spend a lot of those days off property...

SirGoofy

Well, the flying car is long rumored. It wasn't untill Uni had the poll on the site that people started to question it. I think it was, "which dragon would you rather ride"...or something like that. Some peole even think it's going to be a Buckbeak ride...

The hippogriff ride is a rethemed version of the Flying Unicorn, and the dragons are Dueling Dragons, but believe me, you aren't going to be riding the Wesley's car in the main attraction.

Exactly... I think all this Hub bub that Disney should be worried.. I mean yes Universal will see a spike in attendance.. But One land does not a theme park make.... Lets say a family comes to Orlando for a week.. You can easily do both Universal parks in one day, Sea world in one day. That leaves 5 days to go to Disney....

Anyone who does Uni in one day skips 30-40% of the attractions.

_Scar

Did she really say and request that??? Well, that will make those of you who hate meet and greets happy... They can and will have Harry Potter meet and greets though, right?

And, this ride, sounds like it will be a thrill ride... We already know the coaster is... So, how tall would the height requirement be??? And besides some kind of scavenger hunt, what is there for kids to do???? I haven't gone through the entire plan for the area, so I am curious....

You forget USO is getting The Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster

JustInTime

The hippogriff ride is a rethemed version of the Flying Unicorn, and the dragons are Dueling Dragons, but believe me, you aren't going to be riding the Wesley's car in the main attraction.

Nobody said it was going to be inside Hogwarts. That would be stupid. So, why don't you go ahead and give us a full report on the new land? I would love to know all the little details. I feel left out. So, besides well known info, what else can you tell us(skip the swival arm, thats old news)...

Computer Magic

And I think this is what you will mostly see... I don't think there is going to be this sudden shift in attendance at all... Sure, a spike in IOA's attendance, no affect on WDW's attendance, and maybe a slight decrease in USO's attendance... Remember, IOA and USO are two different parks...
I think that is a big deal for Disney. Disney has tried for decades to keep visitors on Disney property without leaving to see what is outside. People might like what they see. That is a lot of revenue, even if only 20% of Disney guests visit HP for 1 day.

SirGoofy

Nobody said it was going to be inside Hogwarts. That would be stupid. So, why don't you go ahead and give us a full report on the new land? I would love to know all the little details. I feel left out. So, besides what is well known info, what else can you tell us(skip the swival arm, thats old news)...

I honestly don't know a lot. But I'm 99.9% sure you will be riding a broom in the Hogwarts attraction.

JustInTime

I honestly don't know a lot. But I'm 99.9% sure you will be riding a broom in the Hogwarts attraction.

A broom? There is really only one way to ride a broom without falling off...:lookaroun A broom sounds wrong...unless it's a HUGE broom that eveyone sits inside. Beside, how will handicapped people ride a broom?

And no more 'swival arms' as prevously reported?

JustInTime

Well, we have a poster here who is working on the project, and he says that is not the truth.

Do you personally know the poster? Are we sure he works at UNI on the project? I would like to ask him a couple of questions regarding the "broom theroy" I responed to earlier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom