Harry Potter....and it looks amazing

Agreed, Magic Kingdom is falling short to those expectations. The teens in the group that aren't Disney interested will not want to go to MK when there's only SM, SM, and BTM. Not a whole lot else is catering to that need.
Those teenagers have short attention spans, adding mroe thrills would make MK seem like a Six Flags Park. So the solution should be to add a major thrill ride E ticket and leave it at that. If Tron is successful in theater this would solve the problem.

Testtrack321

Those teenagers have short attention spans, adding mroe thrills would make MK seem like a Six Flags Park.

Logical fallacies, too many...

a.) don't talk down about teenagers
b.) adding more thrills will not make it into Six Flags
c.) E tickets don't mean thrill rides, just recently they have been one and the same
d.) Magic Kingdom isn't a kiddie park, it's a family park. That means everyone can go and have fun together and enjoy the experience; they do not have to go on the same rides all the time.

Also if the parents were smart enough not to bring there toddlers on Alien Encounter we would still have it as a way of drawing teens into MK. SGE needs to go it only appeals to kids and leaves us adults out of the equation. It should be replaced with a new and improved version of Alien Encounter that is even more intense and scary than it was before. They should have multiple animatronics that come out of the groud within arms reach of the audience with red eyes being visible in the pitch black.

disneysroyal411

c.) E tickets don't mean thrill rides, just recently they have been one and the same
d.) Magic Kingdom isn't a kiddie park, it's a family park. That means everyone can go and have fun together and enjoy the experience; they do not have to go on the same rides all the time.

Opinion on this from 14 year old(Disney fan but going from what he believes his friends would like)
a.) True somewhat
b.)True Disney has it's own theming that sets it apart and adds even more thrills
c.)These E tickets need to be thrilling
d.)Tron, I predict, will do okay and I feel that just because the franchise isn't awesome doesn't mean that a ride can't be made from it. I would a ride just because it's awesome and not because of it's name. Their merch at the end could also just be future world stuff as well

Thats not what I meant, I was saying that if there going to add thrills make them detailed and immersive not just coasters.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Quite a few things were on again/off again, most of which I was not given much specific information about.

How do I know? People tell me.:D

Edit:
Just today, Disney consultant Lee MacDonald had this to say over on another site. He provided a name I hadn't heard before, though I had heard of the concept:

LeeMac - Yeah not good. Not really sure where the 'too risky' comes from. I can't think of a place where a massive eticket would be more of a success. As theme parks go, it has to be the safest bet there is. I would like to think we are at the point where we are about to turn the corner (again).

Lee

Adventurer
I can tell that that the attractions we will be getting in the future will be large scale D tickets but no major E tickets ever being built again.
Well....no. I wouldn't go that far.
There will be more E ticket rides, just not in the near term and certainly not anytime soon in the MK.

I would like to think we are at the point where we are about to turn the corner (again).
Yeah. You and me both, brotha'.

dxwwf3

Well said! I love how nobody has a problem with all of these meet and greets being added, which obviously have no restrictions but are not aimed at all members of the family, but if a major thrill attraction were to be added to the MK, people would complain about it not belonging in the MK.

To me, a dressed up meet and greet is no more of a family attraction than a high speed roller coaster with inversions. Just because it is for kids DOES NOT mean it is for the whole family.

Luckily there is one addition coming that is a family attraction in The Little Mermaid. But hopefully Disney wises up and sees that the MK needs a major E-ticket addition and if it's another thrill ride, so be it. It's not like those aren't the most popular attractions in the park currently anyways.

maggiegrace1

The very first time we opened the Wizarding World for real guests (as opposed to execs), the castle was forced to shut down, and I got to watch a grown woman (In her 40s at least) dramatically throw herself of the ground and burst into hysterical tears, which she kept up for 10 minutes.

We have, and will continue, to see super hardcore fans :lookaroun
:eek:
That is not hardcore that is mentally ill...seriously!:hammer:

Well....no. I wouldn't go that far.
There will be more E ticket rides, just not in the near term and certainly not anytime soon in the MK.

Yeah. You and me both, brotha'.
Thats not a good thing were going to need some E tickets in this term or were going to be in serious trouble in the future.

disneysroyal411

I think that's one of those times where you need security...

I think it's one of those fun family moments when you can stand around and watch the crazy person and then talk about it later. Hopefully those people get help or something, I feel bad for them. I also feel bad for people that go to Disney alone, even if they like it alone, I still feel bad for them. I don't know why either.

Horizons1

All I can say is that many more things are planned for the WDW property in years to come. But then again I guess anyone can say that. :lol:

:ROFLOL: Yes, anyone can say that. *nudge nudge

ANYWAYS, tons of stuff is always planned for WDW, but under current management it will continue to be scaled back and/or cut. Which is a shame because DL is getting better everyday.

misterID

Nobody wants to approve an E-Ticket for WDW any more - too risky and the question is what benefit do we get? DAK needed a marquee attraction like Everest - the other parks already have those. So instead we get small developments - the days of Splash Mountain are long gone. Eric Jacobson's original concept for the Fantasyland expansion was incredible. A great indoor attraction called Cartoon Corners featuring the Jolly Trolley as the ride vehicle, a fun Snow White mine car ride and a wonderful full-service Tiana's restaurant. What happened? Cut. Far too expensive and unnecessary as MK is the cash cow, right? Plus we don't need anything vaguely "thrilling" in MK as it is the kiddie park. The park needs capacity - it has been screaming out for it for years. This expansion adds very little in capacity but it does cater to the core mission statement - the Disney branded fun that is MK

:mad: its that thinking that really makes me root for UNI.

DAK and EPCOT really do need E's. And what's the risk? An E would no doubt spike attendance. And why is there that feeling with WDW? That's just infuriating.

TDL/DisneySea is one day going to be the top theme park in the world, bypassing WDW... And they seem to be totally okay with that.

I pick up some sarcasm, or even bitterness in his quote, that the whole of Disney doesn't feel that way, only a few higher ups, perhaps. I hope so at least. Because if that's the feeling they have of WDW then all the hope I had for the future of WDW has been sucked right out of me. :cry:

WDW1974

:mad: its that thinking that really makes me root for UNI.

I don't 'root' for any company. But I do praise companies that show they are trying to raise the bar ... trying to give their guests the best possible attractions ... trying something daring.

UNI is doing so. Disney, especially in FLA, absolutely is not.

Fanbois (btw, this is the term used by some Imagineers ... it's not mine) who mindlessly defend Disney do themselves and the company's creative legacy no good.

Many of them would be wetting themselves nightly if Disney had managed to talk JK into bringing Potter to Disney's parks. And let's be blunt, Potter is a helluva lot better fit for Disney than Marvel is. The demos for Potter are not limited to one group. Marvel? Mostly tween, teen and 20-something males (usually ones who don't date much!):eek::D:rolleyes:

Not to mention that Disney can't actually use the most popular characters it now owns, but its top competitor can!

DAK and EPCOT really do need E's. And what's the risk? An E would no doubt spike attendance. And why is there that feeling with WDW? That's just infuriating.

Every WDW park needs them. Parks are organic and need to grow. Disney's FLA parks are very, very stale. A 1972 parade ... and new drop profile on ToT ... and live music (something that USED TO BE A GIVEN) ... and extended hours at DAK (well, that's not even the case because 6 and 7 p.m. closings are NOT extended) ... and reworked private party pyro (the only truly good thing this summer) isn't the same as actual new attractions ... let alone cutting edge ones.

But so many fans are defenders of mediocrity. They will defend anything Disney does.

It's almost a religious/political thing with them ... they believe in Disney just BECAUSE ... and nothing will convince them to rethink their 'World' view.

TDL/DisneySea is one day going to be the top theme park in the world, bypassing WDW... And they seem to be totally okay with that.

Top? How so? Quality of daily experience? They've had WDW beat for years, likely decades now in that department.

But why should WDW care? Tokyo may as well be on another planet ...

I pick up some sarcasm, or even bitterness in his quote, that the whole of Disney doesn't feel that way, only a few higher ups, perhaps. I hope so at least. Because if that's the feeling they have of WDW then all the hope I had for the future of WDW has been sucked right out of me. :cry:

Leemac is pretty close to Eric, I believe, and I know (so I am sure Lee does that Eric wasn't/isn't happy with how his massive project got cut in such a huge way). And he definitely doesn't agree with the direction Disney has taken in FLA. I don't blame him. The original budget for F-land was upwards of three quarters of a billion. When last I heard, it was $400 million with more cuts on the way.

I hadn't heard the name 'Cartoon Corners' but I had heard about a major attraction being scrapped and that clearly was it. I had heard (and written about) both the Snow White mine train ride and Tiana's restaurant.

So now?

You can look forward to a (at best) D-Ticket Mermaid ride, doubled Dumbo, themed meet-and-greets (which are in no way 'attractions' to most people) and a nice eatery. Oh, and a few new shops/restrooms/train station. That's it.

Phase II, which is simply more meet and greets and a carnie type Fairy ride, isn't even close to being a done deal yet. And even if it happens (in say 2014-15 because that's what you're looking at), who cares?

How is any of this earthshaking? How is this the best Disney can offer in the 21st century (can't wait for the apologists)?

UNI has consistently attempted to raise the bar in Orlando with offerings from Spiderman to Hulk to Men in Black to Cat in the Hat to Mummy ... and now Potter. Some have been more successful than others ... but they've tried.

Anyone want to tell me that Disney has tried in the last decade? Seriously ...

raven

ANYWAYS, tons of stuff is always planned for WDW, but under current management it will continue to be scaled back and/or cut. Which is a shame because DL is getting better everyday.

Anything done at DL is going to look bigger and better because it's small. The same amount of money can be put into WDW and you wouldn't even notice it. Drop a golf ball into a cup of water and the water will spill out. Drop one into a barrel of water and it makes a small splash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom