Harry Potter....and it looks amazing

floridabill

You probably won't encounter someone thats super hardcore like some are for star wars and star trek though.

True! I've been to star wars weekend. :ROFLOL: and they were certainly there as well!! and I believe I read for the last tour to endor event, they encourage dressing up!! should be interesting.

MarkTwain

You probably won't encounter someone thats super hardcore like some are for star wars and star trek though.

Clearly you've never been to one the Harry Potter book releases... :lookaroun

I'll never forget seeing a group of people dressed as dementors, who glided around the bookstore on roller skates.

disneysroyal411

Clearly you've never been to one the Harry Potter book releases... :lookaroun

I'll never forget seeing a group of people dressed as dementors, who glided around the bookstore on roller skates.

I have and what you say is true, but still, I also don't know how long the hype will last for the whole franchise. I know for a while, but not for a long long time long the amazing Star Trek and Star Wars.

JustInTime- I would have to disagree. Come to my apartment and see the Disney/Potter fusion. I am obsessed with Harry.

O, I only have two wands and the Marauders Map, that's all the franchise stuff I own. Also, I only went to the seventh book release, I was depressed when I missed the sixth.:cry:

raven

Umm, can you give clues if you do know and you are not messing with me? :xmas:

If no one knows about the other things that are planned then how would giving a clue let you know I'm not messing with you? I could say something totally true or untrue and still no one would know until it happens...or doesn't happen.

I think it was said best here:

And lose my job? Not a chance. Get real and get patient, cause that's all you're getting.

All I can say is that many more things are planned for the WDW property in years to come. But then again I guess anyone can say that. :lol:

disneysroyal411

If no one knows about the other things that are planned then how would giving a clue let you know I'm not messing with you? I could say something totally true or untrue and still no one would know until it happens...or doesn't happen.

I think it was said best here:

All I can say is that many more things are planned for the WDW property in years to come. But then again I guess anyone can say that. :lol:

This is true, and no, I don't want a stranger to lose their job, and lying wouldn't be cool on this site as it's the only one that I follow. O well I'll wait and see, and was going to ask for a time frame but... now it'd be useless.

misterID

Gonna need to share that with me, 'cause I don't know of anything that intricate going into FLE.
Anyhow, after thinking about it, I don't think they are going to be spending $400-500 million. If I recall correctly, the $500m number would have included all the original things that were subsequently cut from the expansion. (More dining, at least two more attractions.)
I see the FLE coming in at well under $400m....and not an E ticket in sight.

Some sort of pre-expansion?:lol:
No.
From all the plans I have seen, there is no effort being made to allow for any further expansion back there. They could add some small stuff here and there...but not any more true expansion in Fantasyland.

Well that sucks.

Is there a chance those other attractions find their way into the expansion someday?

disneysroyal411

No, he's just talking out of his . People see a crappy on-ride video that hardly shows anything and they suddenly think they know everything. Amazing.

I wish I knew everything! They threw in a good story with that awesome ride system and showed Disney what they need to do. KUKA Arms need to come to Disney more then the Sum of All Thrills.

Lee

Adventurer
What attractions where cut and how do you know they were cut?

Quite a few things were on again/off again, most of which I was not given much specific information about.

How do I know? People tell me.:D

Edit:
Just today, Disney consultant Lee MacDonald had this to say over on another site. He provided a name I hadn't heard before, though I had heard of the concept:
Nobody wants to approve an E-Ticket for WDW any more - too risky and the question is what benefit do we get? DAK needed a marquee attraction like Everest - the other parks already have those. So instead we get small developments - the days of Splash Mountain are long gone. Eric Jacobson's original concept for the Fantasyland expansion was incredible. A great indoor attraction called Cartoon Corners featuring the Jolly Trolley as the ride vehicle, a fun Snow White mine car ride and a wonderful full-service Tiana's restaurant. What happened? Cut. Far too expensive and unnecessary as MK is the cash cow, right? Plus we don't need anything vaguely "thrilling" in MK as it is the kiddie park. The park needs capacity - it has been screaming out for it for years. This expansion adds very little in capacity but it does cater to the core mission statement - the Disney branded fun that is MK

The very first time we opened the Wizarding World for real guests (as opposed to execs), the castle was forced to shut down, and I got to watch a grown woman (In her 40s at least) dramatically throw herself of the ground and burst into hysterical tears, which she kept up for 10 minutes.

We have, and will continue, to see super hardcore fans :lookaroun

Quite a few things were on again/off again, most of which I was not given much specific information about.

Edit:
Just today, Disney consultant Lee MacDonald had this to say over on another site. He provided a name I hadn't heard before, though I had heard of the concept:
Very true as with any big corporation it all comes down to money. I can tell that that the attractions we will be getting in the future will be large scale D tickets but no major E tickets ever being built again.

imagineer boy

Edit:

What a shame. And the words MK and "kiddie park" should never be used in the same sentance. :mad: What happened to catering to every member of the family?

disneysroyal411

What a shame. And the words MK and "kiddie park" should never be used in the same sentance. :mad: What happened to catering to every member of the family?

Agreed, Magic Kingdom is falling short to those expectations. The teens in the group that aren't Disney interested will not want to go to MK when there's only SM, SM, and BTM. Not a whole lot else is catering to that need.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom