News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

TrainsOfDisney

Have they fixed the issue of nightly forest fires?
Where can they still fire them off from at studios? Honestly the smaller pyro from the roofs of the buildings was some of the best part of the various shows. Having those long roofs to launch off of on either side of the Chinese Theatre.

I also remember pyro launched off of the shops and buildings down towards the entrance, but that may have only been for special events and never for nightly shows.

My point is, I great show would be possible even without the larger shells from across the street.

Disone

Where can they still fire them off from at studios? Honestly the smaller pyro from the roofs of the buildings was some of the best part of the various shows. Having those long roofs to launch off of on either side of the Chinese Theatre.

I also remember pyro launched off of the shops and buildings down towards the entrance, but that may have only been for special events and never for nightly shows.

My point is, I great show would be possible even without the larger shells from across the street.
100% agree it's possible. Looking at Disneyland Paris just low level fireworks and also Hong Kong's momentous also it just low level fireworks, they do a fantastic job and I don't miss the mortar shells.

However DHS has not used their low level fireworks effectively. IMO while DHS does seemingly have fantastic capability to do so they just hasn't done so.

Squishy

100% agree it's possible. Looking at Disneyland Paris just low level fireworks and also Hong Kong's momentous also it just low level fireworks, they do a fantastic job and I don't miss the mortar shells.

However DHS has not used their low level fireworks effectively. IMO while DHS does seemingly have fantastic capability to do so they just hasn't done so.
DHS used to have impressive close proximity pyro but those mortars were removed in trade of having walkways open & smaller close proximity pyro alongside the SWGE/TSL shell launch location removal.

Disone

DHS used to have impressive close proximity pyro but those mortars were removed in trade of having walkways open & smaller close proximity pyro alongside the SWGE/TSL shell launch location removal.
I have not seen a good firework show at DHS since they * attempted * to moved the main launch location across world drive.

The trade-off did not work

TrainsOfDisney

I have not seen a good firework show at DHS since they * attempted * to moved the main launch location across world drive.

The original versions of Star Wars and Jingle Bam with the large shells were good, not as good as when the launch site was closer and center but I was lucky enough to see it early on.

Squishy

I never said it was a good trade :cautious:. The park closes at 9 usually so I dont understand why they dont just do fireworks 30 after park close or close swge & tsl 30 before park close 🤷‍♂️

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Finally one issue I was wondering if Disney could genuinely correct because it lasted the duration of the show. It was not just a moment. The top half of the castle and most especially the main spire was just way too dark. The projections were there but they weren't vibrant and they weren't bright enough. I feel like this is the second or third time I've seen the show in this condition. Anybody know if this is an issue they are working on?
This has unfortunately been an issue since 2021, the projections have been dimmer, I'm not sure why other than they just need new projectors but I wonder if it has something to do with the new pink paint.

TheMaxRebo

I never said it was a good trade :cautious:. The park closes at 9 usually so I dont understand why they dont just do fireworks 30 after park close or close swge & tsl 30 before park close 🤷‍♂️

Tough to close off Galaxys Edge early when you want all the ILL for Rise you can get and they keep Oga's open and hour past park close as is now anyway - so would really be closing that 1.5 hours early and getting people actually out of the bar the.

jrhwdw

Tough to close off Galaxys Edge early when you want all the ILL for Rise you can get and they keep Oga's open and hour past park close as is now anyway - so would really be closing that 1.5 hours early and getting people actually out of the bar the.

How does that work when SDD and both Star Wars rides have a wait time over 60 mins at 8:30 pm?

It‘s simply not worth cutting the lines off at like 6:30 pm.
Understood but.........if closing SWGE /TSL would bring back MGM's Standard of Fireworks. Maybe DHS should be open till 11 or 12 to accommodate that.......

That might make HEA's Crowds a little smaller....

TheMaxRebo

Understood but.........if closing SWGE /TSL would bring back MGM's Standard of Fireworks. Maybe DHS should be open till 11 or 12 to accommodate that.......

That might make HEA's Crowds a little smaller....

Certainly would welcome that - though one can argue the central projection/fireworks are the secondary evening event in that park so can understand it not being a priority or risking shutting parts of the park down for it

TrainsOfDisney

I’m wondering what is possible without closing galaxies edge. Close Toy Story land early and still do the roof top pyro and then the largest shells possible with keeping galaxies edge open?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Simple... just enclose TSL!!

No more complaints about sightlines from the the top of SDD!!!

DisneyFanatic12

No. They have not.

Slightly off topic.... Saw HEA last night and while it is still fantastic the show definitely had some issues. Most I would consider one-off blips.

One was the one of the massive shells exploded way too low. All you could see was the upper half of the sphere just above the tree line behind the castle. What was cool about that though was it truly gave you a sense of the size of the big fireworks. Show kept on going though.

Second issue is daring the tangled segment some of the trim lights from the friend like me finale were being projected/ flashing on the liberty square side of the castle.

Third there was a firework that landed on the castle and just kind of looked like a road flare burning for about a good minute.

Finally one issue I was wondering if Disney could genuinely correct because it lasted the duration of the show. It was not just a moment. The top half of the castle and most especially the main spire was just way too dark. The projections were there but they weren't vibrant and they weren't bright enough. I feel like this is the second or third time I've seen the show in this condition. Anybody know if this is an issue they are working on?
I noticed the shell explode on the ground last night as well! There also always seems to be one large one that explodes on the ground for the MNSSHP show. Perhaps on a side note, I do wonder when the Villians finale of the Not So Spooky Spectacular show will become red again. They use the warm white fireworks right now with a few of the fireworks that spread out from the center that they use during the HEA Villains segment.

Random question, but does anyone know when they started to close off the back portion of Fantasyland due to unfavorable winds? I remember a while back (YEARS ago) having the cardboard from the shells just rain down on us near Gaston’s Tavern…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom