News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

TTA94

Smart move for Paris to bring MSEP to the sky since they seem to struggle having a actual light parade. Funny thing is this is a decision I could totally see WDW making as a cheaper alternative to building a light parade and not having to pay the cast to run it. Not saying drones are cheap or cheap to maintain, but compared to a whole parade I’d think it would be cheaper. The problem is if they did go the drone route not only would they have a impact on the amount of fireworks which many are concerned about but also we’d likely never see a light parade again.

Squishy

The company that runs the Parisian drone shows is called Dronisos and has recently opened an Orlando office ;)
1696707191220.png

Trekkie101

Indeed but I understand it went under-staffed until very recently due to Covid. There are now basically drones in every Disneyland Paris show.

Trekkie101

But who are they working for? UOR or WDW?
They do Disneyland Paris, Disney France, Disney Plus, Disney Europe - so I have my suspicions that it isn't Universal.

Although I dunno if they'd negotiate themselves out of just working for both. That said - they developed and honed their craft by working with DLP, I can't imagine Disney being too happy they'd then export it to their competitor. They currently have a 'multiple show per night' contract with Disney.

I think it would be a great fit for both Epic and Animal Kingdom though.

jrhwdw

They do Disneyland Paris, Disney France, Disney Plus, Disney Europe - so I have my suspicions that it isn't Universal.

Although I dunno if they'd negotiate themselves out of just working for both. That said - they developed and honed their craft by working with DLP, I can't imagine Disney being too happy they'd then export it to their competitor. They currently have a 'multiple show per night' contract with Disney.

Thanks!

I asked because I thought USF was looking at Drones for the next Lagoon Spectacular, also for EU. Could the Surpring Decisions be Drones are coming to WDW, just not Epcot?????

TTA94

Well we already know Universal is going to have a drone show due to the testing they have done, so the question is will WDW want to copy them and also have a drone show. I do think WDW is a lot more paranoid about guest safely and the repercussions if drones malfunctioned and injured guests.

TTA94

Could the Surpring Decisions be Drones are coming to WDW, just not Epcot?????

Wondering that to. Steve will probably shoot this down though and crush our hopes like when he said the surprising decision was not a parade lol. No offense Steve 😊

Trekkie101

Paris is constricted on how many 'loud' fireworks shows it can have a year outside of NYE + Bastille. It has several credits it can use (and did use for the end of the 30th night).

However it generally avoids using them if it can to be a good neighbour.

Drones made a lot of sense because they're very quiet and the weather in Paris is relatively stable. They've had well above 95% success rate in deploying.

It started off as 'D-Light' before being used in a ton more shows, each more complex and using more drones than the show before. They started to combine the drones with synchronised music, projections, fireworks and water effects.

Now if you watch some of the events such as the 30th Finale - Paris has shown what an improvement they can make to night time shows, they do have some of the most spectacular. Between NYE Wishes and 30th Finale - there wouldn't be many WDW guests who wouldn't see them as an improvement to any show they got added to.

On January 8th MSEP is coming back to Paris as a drone show, unsure how that'll go, but each occurrence is better than the last. I think it'll be pretty special.

I can't imagine Disney not wanting to use this tech in WDW. I'd be really surprised if there aren't shows planned with it, it's just so good and flexible.

jrhwdw

Paris is constricted on how many 'loud' fireworks shows it can have a year outside of NYE + Bastille. It has several credits it can use (and did use for the end of the 30th night).

However it generally avoids using them if it can to be a good neighbour.

Drones made a lot of sense because they're very quiet and the weather in Paris is relatively stable. They've had well above 95% success rate in deploying.

It started off as 'D-Light' before being used in a ton more shows, each more complex and using more drones than the show before. They started to combine the drones with synchronised music, projections, fireworks and water effects.

Now if you watch some of the events such as the 30th Finale - Paris has shown what an improvement they can make to night time shows, they do have some of the most spectacular. Between NYE Wishes and 30th Finale - there wouldn't be many WDW guests who wouldn't see them as an improvement to any show they got added to.

On January 8th MSEP is coming back to Paris as a drone show, unsure how that'll go, but each occurrence is better than the last. I think it'll be pretty special.

I can't imagine Disney not wanting to use this tech in WDW. I'd be really surprised if there aren't shows planned with it, it's just so good and flexible.
Although the 30th Finale Night was stunning and a nice Surprise, it was no where near NYE or Bastille.

ToTBellHop

This has generally been my take as it would help that park have a night show without using (loud) fireworks. But I wouldn’t object to a drone heavy show in the DHS hub.

(Though if I had my way, I’d push for a daytime parade as the first add entertainment wise for DHS)
If DHS gets anything back in Center Stage, it’ll be nightly fireworks.

Disone

Have they fixed the issue of nightly forest fires?
No. They have not.

Slightly off topic.... Saw HEA last night and while it is still fantastic the show definitely had some issues. Most I would consider one-off blips.

One was the one of the massive shells exploded way too low. All you could see was the upper half of the sphere just above the tree line behind the castle. What was cool about that though was it truly gave you a sense of the size of the big fireworks. Show kept on going though.

Second issue is daring the tangled segment some of the trim lights from the friend like me finale were being projected/ flashing on the liberty square side of the castle.

Third there was a firework that landed on the castle and just kind of looked like a road flare burning for about a good minute.

Finally one issue I was wondering if Disney could genuinely correct because it lasted the duration of the show. It was not just a moment. The top half of the castle and most especially the main spire was just way too dark. The projections were there but they weren't vibrant and they weren't bright enough. I feel like this is the second or third time I've seen the show in this condition. Anybody know if this is an issue they are working on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom