News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

Touchdown

Park hopping is something I always do, for one early afternoon is the worst time to be in the parks, it’s crowded and it’s hot. Two, I can usually accomplish riding most of the things I want to ride in the morning, and would rather ride something different then reride come night. Finally, I feel like I get an energy boost from changing parks, and keeps my experience fresh.

TTA94

Obviously, I could be way off here.

However, taking the last sentence from TTA94, and what Steve said, to me leaves the door open not for HEA / MK changes per se, but more so, it might not just Luminous potentially affecting nightly crowds at MK. Could easily be another park getting new night time entertainment.

True. DAK needs a nighttime show way more than any other park. It’s crazy that amphitheater is just sitting there not being used.

doctornick

True. DAK needs a nighttime show way more than any other park. It’s crazy that amphitheater is just sitting there not being used.

Agreed. And putting a new nighttime show in DAK which would also involve extending hours would be "surprising" given WDW's current operation.

Hmmm, maybe they are considering a day time show on the water for DAK? Though hopefully not the kites again....

TrainsOfDisney

Without a spitting camel, these rides are just the Iowa State Fair.
But people love them! And they are fun.

On my last visit I just rode Alien Saucers for the first time and I thought it was really fun - and a surprisingly different experience than the same physical ride at DCA Cars Land. It did feel like you were inside an old pinball or arcade game.

I sometimes think people take theme parks too seriously… the point is to have fun! Now Disney shouldn’t go cheap, and Toy Story land itself has some budget cuts that shouldn’t happen, but the spinner rides themselves are not the problem.

ToTBellHop

But people love them! And they are fun.

On my last visit I just rode Alien Saucers for the first time and I thought it was really fun - and a surprisingly different experience than the same physical ride at DCA Cars Land. It did feel like you were inside an old pinball or arcade game.

I sometimes think people take theme parks too seriously… the point is to have fun! Now Disney shouldn’t go cheap, and Toy Story land itself has some budget cuts that shouldn’t happen, but the spinner rides themselves are not the problem.
1) TriceraTop Spin looks a little TOO cheap. Swirling Saucers doesn’t look cheap at all. And I enjoy it, as well (as long as it doesn’t have a 40 min wait!).
2) MK has 3 (or 4…) spinners. Spread the wealth and send Carpets to Animation Courtyard.

TTA94

Agreed. And putting a new nighttime show in DAK which would also involve extending hours would be "surprising" given WDW's current operation.

Hmmm, maybe they are considering a day time show on the water for DAK? Though hopefully not the kites again....

Would be even more surprising if they brought back RoL lol. But I’m pretty sure all the barges were destroyed. A new version is possible though.

TheMaxRebo

I enjoy Maters far more, mainly because while I love the ride, I don’t love it so much as to wait >30 min for it.

That is the issue with AS2 to me - the line gets too long and the way it loads it moves in chunks so you are standing still for long periods of time while waiting

The ride itself is fun and like they do a holiday overlay, etc .... but more than 15-20 min wait can be painful

TheMaxRebo

I was particularly referring to DAK. RoL failed because it was too abstract and not tied to IP, donchaknow?

We loved Rivers of Light - especially the initial version that had the live actors.

I think it failed b/c it wasn't a "spectacular" like people expect at a Disney Park and also some of the promised tech was never manifested

Always seemed to have a decent crowd when we went though - still wish they would bring *something* back and help it me more of a destination for the evening (they have good food and drinks options too)

Hopefully that is a positive that comes from redoing Dinoland as it will have more "in demand" things that aren't reliant on the animals and can stay open later

hismattjesty

Absolutely loved Rivers of Light and We are One, and would love to see a new nighttime show in that amphitheater. Wouldn't that mean you'd need to keep the park open after say 5, 6, 7pm? I don't see Disney wanting to invest like that, UNLESS it's something that coincides with the "Blue Sky" expansion plans.

TTA94

All they need to do is bring in a few large flat barges and stick a bunch of fountain heads all over them, lighting, flame throwers. They can do that large mist screen again, even though it was very hit or miss if you could make out the images.

Another idea but more involved I think is a water parade.

TTA94

If only MK would have a drone show like Paris. Or any park for that matter. I get it not many find it exciting but I’m pretty sure the vast majority of guests would be in love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom