News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

jrhwdw

I’d definitely book a trip for that! The summer nightastic (or whatever it was called) was such a good fireworks show (it was the old pirate and princess fireworks) - probably the best non-holiday show I’ve seen at Magic Kingdom. (My all time favorite will always be Holiday Wishes).
It was Fantastic for a Special Show!! IDK how it would have looked year round....no real theme song... I'm so glad HEA took Pirates from Nightastic!!!!

Should be interesting to see how much MK wants to Market Nights..........

Vinnie Mac

Yes, to me HEA feels like a high school drama club hired a fireworks company and put together a “Disney fireworks show” - at no point does it feel like a Disney fireworks show to me except at the very end when tinkerbell flies and the music swells with “you can fly” at that one point it works for me.

Technically it is an enjoyable show, especially when there is a light rain that really brings out all the laser effects. There are also some cool pyro moments.

But Wondrous Journeys gets it- it has heart, emotion, and all the feels from the beginning to the end. I’ve seen it the last several nights and it just gets better! (Baymax finally flew again last night, he had been MIA!)
Where did the sudden HEA hate come from lol. It's like the third least hated Disney show of all time behind Wishes and RDCT

Vinnie Mac

But that was not his point. Full context......

Again originally I leaned towards Remember but with the aging of both shows I definitely am now favor Happily Ever After.

I believe you mentioned Wondrous Journeys as something you definitely like.

I find Wondrous to be very much a copy, in style, of Happily Ever After. Is it not just a clip show set to an awesome arrangement of music? And if so I find it interesting that one would like that one so much and genuinely seem to dislike some Happily Ever After ( I believe you called it 🤮)

They are quite similar. While I prefer Happily Ever After, I'm definitely taking anything away from Wondrous Journey being a completely awesome production. Do I think it's better than Happily Ever After? No. Do I think Wondrous journeys is completely awesome and enjoyable, absolutely yes.
Wonderous Journeys impresses me because Disney has missed the mark with some recent shows but WJ proves that they can still produce something at the level of/quality of HEA

TrainsOfDisney

Wonderous Journeys impresses me because Disney has missed the mark with some recent shows but WJ proves that they can still produce something at the level of/quality of HEA
I felt the same way except I thought they missed the mark on HEA too haha.

Honestly I thought I was just jaded and grumpy and then I saw Wondrous and was like…. Oh no… it’s not me! The last shows have just been really bad (by comparison).

And now Magic Happens has pretty much blown every Disney parade I’ve ever seen out of the water. It’s so good!

ToTBellHop

In August, *you* are the sweaters!
1685832860221.jpeg

seabreezept813

Well that's definitely your unpopular opinion. My unpopular opinion was I disliked wishes. From like day one. And yes I did see it on day one and I thought it was too much of the Fantasmic storyline. Unlike fantasmis hated that the show stopped four times so that Jimmy cricket could explain what the next segment was going to be.

I do get your criticism of happily ever after. It is no doubt a clip show. But I don't think it's vomit. No more so than World of Color original version from California adventure.

In my opinion both take what could be just a simple hodgepodge of clips and puts them together to make a very emotional connection.
Maybe wishes and HEA in one night? Last year they did Enchantment twice a night for couple of weeks in July
I’d be so happy to see Wishes again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom