News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

gerarar

Premium Member
Here's a livestream from last night of Cinderella hanging out with guests behind the castle watching the fireworks.

Honestly this is very magical for the guests (especially the little ones) there. More of this Disney!!
Screenshot_20230528_100730_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230528_100802_YouTube.jpg

Timestamped at start of events:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Saw HEA last night for the first time since July 2021, absolutely perfect and amazing as always. It's great to see Disney's best fireworks show since IllumiNations back above those central Florida skies!!
Were the projections dim or fuzzy/out of focus. The other night they didn’t look bright. Something seemed off from the past. Maybe the projectors need new bulbs or something I don’t know

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Were the projections dim or fuzzy/out of focus. The other night they didn’t look bright. Something seemed off from the past. Maybe the projectors need new bulbs or something I don’t know
They were not fuzzy/out of focus. My friend commented that they must have been recently adjusted/cleaned(?) because the last time he saw it you could hardly make out what was playing.

TrainsOfDisney

While Wondrous Journeys is great, it’s 4 minutes shorter than HEA, doesn’t have a villains segment and has WAY less pyro. I will agree that the projection mapping in Wondrous Journeys is incredible but I still feel HEA is overall the better show.
For me personally, wondrous is way better. I don’t care about shell count, I care about how it feels and delivers.

Disone

While Wondrous Journeys is great, it’s 4 minutes shorter than HEA, doesn’t have a villains segment and has WAY less pyro. I will agree that the projection mapping in Wondrous Journeys is incredible but I still feel HEA is overall the better show.
Agree. And slight disagreement on the projections. Wondrous journeys projection mapping on the main street buildings is better. But on the castle, HEA wins. And that maybe because of surface size but nonetheless it still wins.

Disone

For me personally, wondrous is way better. I don’t care about shell count, I care about how it feels and delivers.
Fair enough. But I'm the same way. I don't really care about shell count. For example, believe in holiday magic at Disneyland is a very short show with not too big of a shell count at all, and it definitely ranks as my favorite Christmas firework show that Disney has done. Having said all that, I'm not reading HEA better because of its longer run time and larger shell count.... I rate it better because for me, it hits the emotions stronger. Wondrous gets close but doesn't get there. I don't get the same lump in my throat and the same chills in my spine in the same tears of my eyes that HEA gives me.

TrainsOfDisney

I rate it better because for me, it hits the emotions stronger. Wondrous gets close but doesn't get there. I don't get the same lump in my throat and the same chills in my spine in the same tears of my eyes that HEA gives me.
Oh interesting… I feel the exact opposite. The only time HEA gives me the feels at all is when tinkerbell flies (and I’m not a big tink fan… but that moment is so well done). Wondrous is start to finish for me even though it seems a little too focused on Moana.

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
A little discussed feature of this is if you watch carefully, she actually starts out on the outermost left castle turret's "stained glass window" on Pan's shoulder and then travels across to the inner turret with Alice before swooping back and forth up the castle before coming out the real window from the pinnacle in unison with You Can Fly. Simply marvelous storytelling and execution.
Do you know if there is a video of this somewhere on YouTube? I was talking about it with friends and wanted to show them.

wtyy21

While WJ lacks villain segment, i believe that before Fantasmic massive dragon fire, Wondrous Journeys were incredible show with flame effects (like another park) attached in the show that HEA doesn't have, although the quality of WJ's projection mapping cannot rival HEA. After F! fire, this DL show feel like lacklustre/average show (along with many nighttime shows with flame effects).

Hopeful fire effect returns at WJ and another Disney parks nighttime shows, sad to see fire effects temporarily gone.

JediMasterMatt

Do you know if there is a video of this somewhere on YouTube? I was talking about it with friends and wanted to show them.

It's hard to the top of the castle in Cliff's excellent video; but, it does show a good job of her entering frame off of Pan's shoulder and then flying across to the castle and then upwards.

This video shows her in more of a close up climbing higher and then reaching the window at the climax.

It's details like these that make HEA so special and much more than just the sum of its parts. It is the summation of all the years of MK nighttime spectaculars over the years. It checks all the boxes and then some - great fireworks choreography, outstanding musical selections with fantastic orchestrations, the wonderful intro and outro song, superb usage of the projections that repaint the castle and allow little things like Tink's flight to be noticed instead of being lost in the noise like so many other projection shows do with small details, fantastic use of spot lights (just get the big ones working again please) and lasers.

I loved Wishes, loved Magic, Music, and Mayhem, really like the 2 new seasonal party shows, liked Holiday Wishes and Hallowishes at MK. Adored Remember Dreams Come True, loved Disneyland Forever (although it wasn't as good minus the Kiss Goodnight outro), really liked Magical, didn't care for the Pixar show and the less said about Mickey's Mix Magic the better and haven't seen Wonderous Journey's yet at Disneyland.

As much as I loved the other shows, HEA is better than them all for castle park fireworks. The only thing that would make it better is perimeter shell usage... and to fix the big spot lights.

Disone

HEA better than Remember!?!?
It's close. I could see there being a debate. For me.....

I think initially Remember was better. However Remember was also very specific to Disneyland, and that's where its strength was. But if you really didn't know Disneyland that well, you might not connect with that show as well as someone who does know Disneyland that well. (looking at you too EF)

Happily Ever After does not require any particular knowledge of the theme park its playing in or any other part of Disney History for that matter. It is able to connect to it's audience simply on its own merit.

So while earlier I said initially Remember Dreams Come True was better, for me anyway, I think with the passing of time.... Happily Ever After ages better and is able to more easily emotionally connect to the more casual Disney Guest.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Happily Ever After does not require any particular knowledge of the theme park its playing in or any other part of Disney History for that matter.

and is able to more easily emotionally connect to the more casual Disney Guest.
The casual Disney guest that is watching a fireworks show has just spent an entire day in the theme park and will have knowledge of the theme park and attractions.

Disone

The casual Disney guest that is watching a fireworks show has just spent an entire day in the theme park and will have knowledge of the theme park and attractions.
Of course. But not their history. They don't necessarily know that Peter Pan was an opening day attraction. They don't know that Walt Disney Love trains and that's why there's one that goes around the park. The Disney foamer does. And so while watching remember dreams come true they connect to these things stronger because it's more than just, I rode Peter Pan today or I took a ride on the railroad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom