News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

gerarar

Premium Member
Anyone know if the lasers in the finale will eventually return, or is this another abandoned effect for the show. It's when the castle (and likewise Main Street) changes colors, the lasers helps supplement the colorful transitions.

It was last seen working on June 2, 2023.
Screenshot_20230729_190725_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230729_190801_YouTube.jpg

Video of the laser effects:

Really hope they restore the effect soon again..

Last edited:

TransportationGuy

Anyone know if the lasers in the finale will eventually return, or is this another abandoned effect for the show. It's when the castle (and likewise Main Street) changes colors, the lasers helps supplement the colorful transitions.

It was last seen working on June 2, 2023.
View attachment 734106
View attachment 734107

Video of the laser effects:

Really hope they restore the effect soon again..

As I understand it, the lasers across the property are challenging to keep up with as they don’t mix well with Florida’s weather and the team’s priorities have been moved to holiday related projects currently

gerarar

Premium Member
As I understand it, the lasers across the property are challenging to keep up with as they don’t mix well with Florida’s weather and the team’s priorities have been moved to holiday related projects currently
That kind of makes sense. The laser projections over at Fantasmic! have also been broken since around early June. They've since recently restored 1 of the 3 sets, but still impacts the show in some segments (Frozen, Moana, princess).

Guess it'll sadly stay that way until then..

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Interesting, but it is weird that the other lasers in the show are working, can't comment on Fantasmic or Epcot forever, however the other lasers are working in hea.

gerarar

Premium Member
Interesting, but it is weird that the other lasers in the show are working, can't comment on Fantasmic or Epcot forever, however the other lasers are working in hea.
That's the thing that really bugs me. It's only off for this specific section in the finale when the castle changes colors, which was the new addition with HEA 2023. Wonder if it was taking a toll on the equipment so they turned it off for that part. It was arguably where the lasers were used the most in the show, and it definitely showed and wow'd.

wtyy21

As hard-ticketed Halloween and Christmas parties approaches, from mid-August until mid-December, HEA will no longer shown nightly, whenever at 9pm, 8:30pm, or 8pm. Here's the list of nights where HEA would not performed.

Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party
  • August: 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29
  • September: 1, 4, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29
  • October: 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29, 31
  • November: 1
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
  • November: 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 30
  • December: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22
At these dates, the only fireworks show available at respective party nights are Disney's Not-so-Spooky Spectacular and Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime fireworks.

There's also possibility that HEA will not performed from 2 days pre-Christmas (December 23) until 2 days before New Year's Eve (December 29). On January 1, 2024, HEA will return to nightly performances.

Last edited:

DisneyFanatic12

As hard-ticketed Halloween and Christmas parties approaches, from mid-August until mid-December, HEA will no longer shown nightly, whenever at 9pm, 8:30pm, or 8pm. Here's the list of nights where HEA would not performed.

Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party
  • August: 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29
  • September: 1, 4, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29
  • October: 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29, 31
  • November: 1
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
  • November: 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 30
  • December: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22
At these dates, the only fireworks show available at respective party nights are Disney's Not-so-Spooky Spectacular and Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime fireworks.

There's also possibility that HEA will not performed from 2 days pre-Christmas (December 23) until 2 days before New Year's Eve (December 29). On January 1, 2024, HEA will return to nightly performances.
Always love watching the stage show and fireworks for free Christmas week (not the full week, but once they become free, or at least included in your regular admission :))!

Disone

Those particular lasers were always working. It's the lasers during the finale when the castle changes to various colors that was turned off back in June.
Hummmmmmmm. I don't think they're different lasers. It's the same lasers in the finale are coming from the same spot as the lasers from the rest of the show.

I do know what you mean though. I would like to believe that I would have noticed if those were not there. However tonight was the first time I was watching it from Main Street USA and I was distracted by the buildings. So maybe they were or maybe they weren't.

Sorry. I'll be back again soon and I can report out.

gerarar

Premium Member
Hummmmmmmm. I don't think they're different lasers. It's the same lasers in the finale are coming from the same spot as the lasers from the rest of the show.

I do know what you mean though. I would like to believe that I would have noticed if those were not there. However tonight was the first time I was watching it from Main Street USA and I was distracted by the buildings. So maybe they were or maybe they weren't.

Sorry. I'll be back again soon and I can report out.
Sorry I didn't mean like the physical lasers weren't working. You're right as there's only two sets of them, but they disabled some sections of the effect where it was previously on.

Same lasers, but used less overall in the show.

It's these in particular I'm referring to.

I watch every livestream I could find, but I sincerely doubt it won't get fixed/restored 'til after the holidays, if ever (sigh).

gerarar

Premium Member
It's the same units, possible disabled at some point in the show due to someone on a roof.
So you're saying it interferes with Tink and the CMs on the Tomorrowland roof assisting her with landing?

Didn't think of that, sigh. That makes it even more unlikely to return. :(

Squishy

So you're saying it interferes with Tink and the CMs on the Tomorrowland roof assisting her with landing?

Didn't think of that, sigh. That makes it even more unlikely to return. :(
It doesn't, that particular laser sequence only hits the main street buildings
1691457334163.png

There are wider patterns in the show so I feel like it was either accidentally removed or someone had a picky creative difference about it.

Last edited:

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
On Sunday night, we wrapped up a weekend trip watching HEA with 4 people who had never seen it before and who are all just "every day" Disney Worlds fans. They were all left in awe at the magic of HEA, two were in tears. These were people in their early 50's to mid-70's, that's how emotionally captivating Happily Ever After is to the real people who visit Magic Kingdom. Reactions like that once again prove that it's the best show nighttime show Disney has ever created anywhere in the world, except for maybe Reflections of Earth.

Side note, I had the chance to watch the show from MSUSA and the new projections there are just stunning. HEA was already flawless but these additions bring it to an entirely new realm.
365233757_10225944186105344_1014151708484617637_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom