News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Interesting that the projections haven't reverted back to the original projections yet.

Still using the modified castle projections with the ribbons.
View attachment 718231
One the things that really bothers me is that Hercules is still at the bottom of the castle during go the distance instead of being at the balcony and it makes him much harder to see if your on Main Street

gerarar

Premium Member
One the things that really bothers me is that Hercules is still at the bottom of the castle during go the distance instead of being at the balcony and it makes him much harder to see if your on Main Street
That and the Genie's lamp is still tiny. It messes with the perspective of the fog coming out at the end of the lamp.
Screenshot_20230523_201542_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230523_201700_YouTube.jpg

UK Disney

Went to see this last night, there was something wrong with the projections, they went off completely during the start of Go The Distance (my favourite bit) and came back on for the very ending. They also seemed to go off or didn't appear as bright as normal during other sections. Still a great show though.

Squishy

Went to see this last night, there was something wrong with the projections, they went off completely during the start of Go The Distance (my favourite bit) and came back on for the very ending. They also seemed to go off or didn't appear as bright as normal during other sections. Still a great show though.
This happens when it's foggy, from main street the castle completely disappeared for the go the distance section.

TTA94

Am I the only one that feels bored with HEA? Don’t get me wrong it’s a relief to have Enchantment gone and HEA is still a good show, but I don’t feel it’s a must see anymore in the evening and not worth dealing with the mass exit afterwards. It does still fill the hub and Main Street with guests so the vast majority must still love it.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Am I the only one that feels bored with HEA? Don’t get me wrong it’s a relief to have Enchantment gone and HEA is still a good show, but I don’t feel it’s a must see anymore in the evening and not worth dealing with the mass exit afterwards. It does still fill the hub and Main Street with guests so the vast majority must still love it.
They definitely need to add some other viewing areas in the park like Disneyland cause it's still extremely crowded in the hub/MS

Disone

How many times have you seen it?

TTA94

I know HEA is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future, and as I had said prior it is a good show. For the vast majority of guests, in particular those that do not visit often or once in a lifetime, it’s a great ending to a night at the MK. But is it amazing compared to other and newer castle nighttime shows? Nope. But that’s my opinion.

JohnD

You're "bored" because you're probably a regular. As WDW is visited by newcomers every year, it's sure to remain a popular show. Speaking only for me, I'm not "bored" by it. I still find it a great show. Regardless of the show, I don't care for the projections on MS, however. If you're standing there, you'll be distracted by looking left and right at those projections and not ahead to the main projections on the castle. Just my two cents.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
They definitely need to add some other viewing areas in the park like Disneyland cause it's still extremely crowded in the hub/MS

I like that idea... I would just question where... Disneyland has the blessing that they can use the preexisting infrastructure of Fantasmic to project onto the water screens and they have the relatively large surface for IASM to also project onto. I'm trying to think of similar places such projections could be done at Magic Kingdom and am drawing a blank...

Andrew25

I like that idea... I would just question where... Disneyland has the blessing that they can use the preexisting infrastructure of Fantasmic to project onto the water screens and they have the relatively large surface for IASM to also project onto. I'm trying to think of similar places such projections could be done at Magic Kingdom and am drawing a blank...
Always believed that they should build a giant multi-purpose structure that stretches from the Plaza restaurant through the Tomorrowland Terrace that can fill in some of the water with additional turf/viewing areas, dessert party dedicated space on a 2nd level, which opens up the first floor for an indoor space for shelter from the heat/weather.

While a 2nd viewing area elsewhere at MK would be great, at the end of the day everybody wants to see it at the front of the castle.

Disone

Thanks for answering in a way that was not an answer. Sigh.....

I've seen it six times since it's re debuted. I don't know how many times I saw it and its initial run. But it was a lot. Not like 50 but probably a good someteen amount of times.

The point of the question was if you've seen it like 30 or 40 times, it's kind of understandable that it's a lost a little bit of its charm on you. It you've seen it like three or four times then it might be just you.

I don't really know where "several" falls in that realm.

TTA94

Thanks for answering in a way that was not an answer. Sigh.....

I've seen it six times since it's re debuted. I don't know how many times I saw it and its initial run. But it was a lot. Not like 50 but probably a good someteen amount of times.

The point of the question was if you've seen it like 30 or 40 times, it's kind of understandable that it's a lost a little bit of its charm on you. It you've seen it like three or four times then it might be just you.

I don't really know where "several" falls in that realm.

I apologize. I don’t know exactly but close to 30 since the show debuted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom