News Happily Ever After fireworks show returning to Magic Kingdom in 2023

Starship824

In the Parks
No
HEA is back to using the 2 additional (Disney Enchantment) launch sites. They were used during the cast member preview a month ago, but at its first public return showing, they weren't being used anymore.

However, tonight they're using all 3 launch sites again, so hopefully it stays that way.
Tonight, Apr 11:
View attachment 709886
First public (return) show, April 3:
View attachment 709887
I hope it goes back to pre-enchantment so we can go back to the full 180/360 during holidays and special events

gerarar

Premium Member
I hope it goes back to pre-enchantment so we can go back to the full 180/360 during holidays and special events
That's not happening since those launch sites near BTMR and Tron are pretty much decommissioned/retired now. From aerials we can see that those weren't refurbished like the other launchers that encircle the MK and SSL.

I'm pretty sure this was intentional. Build the 2 new launch sites near the main center one behind the MK, so less pyro gets used overall (since they're in a shorter distance from each other), and get to use it nightly without having to close more roads (well, when DE was still a thing). This was the original goal of HEA, to have daily perimeters, but was put on the back-burner bc of logistics apparently. So the revised solution was new launch sites that are much closer (hence DE and project nugget).

Last edited:

rubydoo2

Tinkerbell wasn’t in Happily Ever After tonight- does she not fly anymore or was this a one off that she wasn’t in it? My Dad was gutted, it’s his favourite part!

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Tinkerbell wasn’t in Happily Ever After tonight- does she not fly anymore or was this a one off that she wasn’t in it? My Dad was gutted, it’s his favourite part!
It's been windy the last two nights. My sister is down this week and said she didn't fly last night either. Sucks for us as the audience but safety first.

gerarar

Premium Member
Apr 3, 4 - flew
Apr 5, 6, 7 – no fly fly :confused:
Apr 8, 9, 10 – flew
Apr 11, 12 – no fly fly :confused:

Tink currently has a 50% show-rate since HEA returned to the public. I can't remember a stretch like this when it's been so windy/stormy.

Although during DE's last week, Tink was MIA for like 4 nights, so lol

rubydoo2

I did wonder if it was to do with the wind- it has been incredibly windy! Totally understand that it has to be safe, was just curious.

My parents first trip in 5 years and likely their last, we’re from the UK and they’re Disney’d out… but perhaps I can convince them to come back once more in the future just to see Tink one last time 😅

James J

In the Parks
No
I did wonder if it was to do with the wind- it has been incredibly windy! Totally understand that it has to be safe, was just curious.

My parents first trip in 5 years and likely their last, we’re from the UK and they’re Disney’d out… but perhaps I can convince them to come back once more in the future just to see Tink one last time 😅
My parents, who are both in their 60's, came with us from the UK last year for their first trip in 20 years. They were so disappointed with Enchantment that they're desperate to book for next year so that they can see HEA in person 🤣

JohnD

What was the 50th show again? Man, I really missed HEA. So glad it's back.

86A3E6FC-28DE-4ACD-844F-9A9D7616E848.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom