Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort

waltography

Glad we got this landscape video. It's seems clear now that Agatha's taking over the Ancient Sanctum area of Avengers Campus for OBB, making great use of that video wall they have.

I can only assume Sid will be meeting at the Promenade stage. No clue where Cruella's meeting; it seems like it'd be an indoor location, perhaps an unused soundstage in Hollywoodland?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Glad we got this landscape video. It's seems clear now that Agatha's taking over the Ancient Sanctum area of Avengers Campus for OBB, making great use of that video wall they have.

I can only assume Sid will be meeting at the Promenade stage. No clue where Cruella's meeting; it seems like it'd be an indoor location, perhaps an unused soundstage in Hollywoodland?
Good catch. Cruella looks like the Hollywood Backlot Stage where the Fab characters are currently bounding in their Marvel costumes. They'll just have to change the video wall behind her for the evenings.

I suppose they could also put her on the Disney Jr. stage since that location isn't being used for anything at the moment. Though would assume Vampirina would go there.

Animaniac93-98

Good catch. Cruella looks like the Hollywood Backlot Stage where the Fab characters are currently bounding in their Marvel costumes. They'll just have to change the video wall behind her for the evenings.

I suppose they could also put her on the Disney Jr. stage since that location isn't being used for anything at the moment. Though would assume Vampirina would go there.

There will be a show in the Disney Jr. theater during the party, so it's most likely the Backlot area.

Animaniac93-98

I'm curious how they'll do Sid. Having some guy in a black t-shirt with a skull on it isn't interesting.

Maybe some of the Halloween Toy Story decorations they use in HKDL have been copied and they'll have them surrounding him?

waltography

I'm curious how they'll do Sid. Having some guy in a black t-shirt with a skull on it isn't interesting.

Maybe some of the Halloween Toy Story decorations they use in HKDL have been copied and they'll have them surrounding him?
My thoughts exactly; I honestly was hoping for Lotso with the news we were getting a Toy Story villain, or perhaps even Gabby Gabby (hot take, loved TS4!). Sid seems like an odd choice, regardless if he's a face character or masked one.

Makes sense! I was trying to figure it out and completely forgot the Thor Chip 'n Loki Dale stage they have there. I'd worry Cruella wouldn't pull enough people there but the Animation building is the Oogie Boogie treat trail so hopefully she'll be fine.

Lucky Rabbit

In honor of the season, get in on some serious chills at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, an exciting Halloween adventure filled with creepy creatures and gravity-defying drops.
This doesn't mention anything about the party. So will Monsters After Dark just be available every night during the season?

waltography

This doesn't mention anything about the party. So will Monsters After Dark just be available every night during the season?
When OBB happened in 2019, it was available every night regardless if it was a party night or not. They usually did the conversion around 4-5pm so there was usually an hour or two where non-party guests could ride it before the park closed for OBB.

Disney Analyst

The new Oogie Boogie sign looks great lit up at night.

totally! Great improvement.

The before for context:

1630684923897.jpeg

tanc

What is the consensus of this compared to Not So Scary Halloween? I'm a huge fan of the nighmare before christmas, but it seems Oogie Boogie Bash is relatively new.

MarvelCharacterNerd

What is the consensus of this compared to Not So Scary Halloween? I'm a huge fan of the nighmare before christmas, but it seems Oogie Boogie Bash is relatively new.
I think MNSSHP is a bit better for younger kids, while OBB appeals more to older kids/younger adults. OBB is a bit darker/spookier vibe, whereas MNSSHP is a bit more happy pumpkins vibe. :)

As an adult, I've enjoyed both. I loved Boo To You at MK with the Haunted Mansion dancers and an actually galloping Headless Horseman. At DCA, the Horseman slowly meanders down the path and the parade is shorter, but still quite good. Expecially if you're a Nightmare fan, i think OBB is an enjoyable event because they not only have Jack & Sally in the parade, but Oogie on one of the candy trails plus the theming at the entrance and lighting/audio at the Carthay.

JustInTime

I prefer OBB. The whole park is decorated at DCA vs only Main Street at WDW. Plus you have the villain trails, loads of rare meet and greets. A fantastic (but shorter) parade. Guardians monsters overlay. To me, it’s a no brainer.

The only thing MNSSHP has on it would be The Hocus Pocus show.

waltography

The comparison becomes even more stark when you compare Oogie Boogie Bash to Boo Bash. Here's to hoping MNSSHP comes back and WDW quickly stomps out any trace of Boo Bash.

tanc

I think MNSSHP is a bit better for younger kids, while OBB appeals more to older kids/younger adults. OBB is a bit darker/spookier vibe, whereas MNSSHP is a bit more happy pumpkins vibe. :)

As an adult, I've enjoyed both. I loved Boo To You at MK with the Haunted Mansion dancers and an actually galloping Headless Horseman. At DCA, the Horseman slowly meanders down the path and the parade is shorter, but still quite good. Expecially if you're a Nightmare fan, i think OBB is an enjoyable event because they not only have Jack & Sally in the parade, but Oogie on one of the candy trails plus the theming at the entrance and lighting/audio at the Carthay.
I would be going as a single adult. I've been to WDW too many times and really just want to see Disneyland, so I think it seems like a good decision to go to the Oogie party.

pdude81

They're all different and great (to me) offerings so it's hard to directly compare. If I had to pick a favorite between MNSSHP, Boo Bash, and this, I'd choose Oogie Boogie Bash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom