Halloween Horror Nights "Sweet 16"

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
Halloween Horror Nights 2006 - (8/3/06) It’s only a partial list, but our spies have sent in a few of the characters being cast in this year’s Bill & Ted show. In short you can expect to see characters from Superman Returns (Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Lex Luthor), Pirates (Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones), Uma Thurman from Super-Ex Girlfriend, Bryce Dallas Howard as The Lady In The Water, and it seems there may be a mix or showdown between American Idol judges and David Hasselhoff, a current judge from America’s Got Talent. That’s all we know right now, but I’d be willing to bet we see the X-Men in there as well. Anyone know more characters? In other news, HauntZone.net has come across one of the first billboards for this year’s haunt that features a cast of familiar faces standing around the birthday cake: The Director, Jack the clown, The Caretaker and last year’s Storyteller. Looks like the earlier rumor that we may see the return of famous characters from the past was true, possibly linked to some of the mazes. Certainly The Director would fit into the All Nite Die In, but I’m not totally sure where the rest might fit. I’m sure we’ll hear more about this soon.

JT3000

JROK said:
There is going to be another two story house again this year, but it will have a wheelchair path much like Vampyr did in 2004...

Which house?

And why don't they just do the sensible thing and build a ramp? :brick:

Legacy

JT3000 said:
Which house?

And why don't they just do the sensible thing and build a ramp? :brick:
Screamhouse does have a stair-case in the first room, but my connection hadn't gone up it to scope it out yet.

JT3000

If you're referring to the entrance staircase, that doesn't bother me too much since there's always been a side entrance. But entire scenes taking place on an actual second floor would be incredibly stupid for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that Scream House has never had a second floor in the past. If they changed it now, it would just seem like they're purposely trying to ________ off poeple who can't go up stairs. Especially since that's a very anticipated house.

Legacy

From my understanding, Screamhouse, Psycho Scarapy and Die-In. Screamhouse was the only one of the three mentioned to have a staircase (I specifically asked which one it was), and of the three is the most likely candidate. Honestly, I think it might a smart move because there are only so many things you can have on the first floor of a house. I want to see something a bit different than "Dark Corner, Hallway, Parlor Room, Hallway, Autopsy Room, Short Hallway, Kitchen, Basement, Outside". Both Screamhouses followed that format. I think that's a big reason why the second one wasn't as good.

Other notes, Screamhouse and Scarapy are completed, save the lighting.

Legacy

There was an attic in Where Evil Hides. Scream House does not need one.
I'm not going to argue the point. Honestly, I wish they had just left Screamhouse well-enough alone. I'm hoping that they do something different with it, which hopefully a second floor will allow. Look at how sick and twisted the kitchen is in the Caine home. Can you imagine a bedroom and the children's playroom?

There is potiential in actually expanding Screamhouse to more than what it was.

But it doesn't really make a difference to me... I can't go this year anyway.

Paixao

Pssst... a little birdie told me that Screamhouse looks VERY different this year. Same feel as the original, but totally different rooms and scenes. I think you would be happy with it. I am happy that it has been so popular and used again because it is sentimental to me. Obviously, as it was my first HHN house and because our cast was SO amazing. I miss that crew.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Original Poster
The Director is going Hollywood....

Halloween Horror Nights - (8/9/06) The first official details about the return of Halloween Horror Nights. (Looks like they may have dropped the Hollywood Horror Nights name in favor of the classic.) Kicking off on Friday the 13th of October guests of the Hollywood park will meet The Director, a previous host icon from Universal Orlando who will feel right at home with the Hollywood crowds. The Director will convert the studio backlot and the park’s most popular attractions into settings fit for creating chaos. The lines between Actors and Guests will blur as the two intermingle seamlessly for a new immersive experience never seen before. For the first time in history, guests will board the famous Studio Terror Trams to be taken out into the Studio backlot itself where they will get off and walk through the historic set pieces. Of course The Director is waiting for you all as you wander around outside the real Psycho house or through the blocks of wreckage left behind from War of the Worlds. The park will also feature performances by The Mutaytor, a “multi-media ensemble” formed from former members of Oingo Boingo, Supertramp, and others. Beyond a musical performance, it will involve pyrotechnics, stunts, tribal dancers, and much more. Other terrors you will encounter includes the return of Chucky’s Insultorium where he will taunt the guests passing by and the Carnival of Carnage featuring the best medieval torture artists, sword swallowers, fire and glass eaters, human pincushions, as well a few individuals who just have a love of eating cockroaches, worms and maggots. The Director will also make a few changes to the park’s major attractions, turning WaterWorld into Slaughter World, bring back Jurassic Park: In The Dark, as well as some possible surprises within Back To The Future and Revenge of the Mummy.

Legacy

91-92 File has been opened.

Interesting concept with no real info in regards to this year's event. It really is just an archive.

WDWFREAK53

Hey Legacy...if you have an "in" to Creative...

Pitch this one...

"SAW"

What's a better concept??? The bathroom scene alone...locked in...you have to find a way out. Different scenes have you come to a weird ending that you wouldn't have thought of...but was extremely obvious if you would just let yourself think about it literally instead of what was in front of your face.

That freaky "Jigsaw" doll alone would scare the &*(^(#^*$(#*& out of me!

Legacy

Hey Legacy...if you have an "in" to Creative...

Pitch this one...

"SAW"

What's a better concept??? The bathroom scene alone...locked in...you have to find a way out. Different scenes have you come to a weird ending that you wouldn't have thought of...but was extremely obvious if you would just let yourself think about it literally instead of what was in front of your face.

That freaky "Jigsaw" doll alone would scare the &*(^(#^*$(#*& out of me!
From what I understand of this year's DIE-in, they will be doing modern films. Expect Silence of the Lambs and the Ring, and hopefully they will through a Saw theme in there.

Personally, I'm fighting for next year more than anything at this point.

WDWFREAK53

From what I understand of this year's DIE-in, they will be doing modern films. Expect Silence of the Lambs and the Ring, and hopefully they will through a Saw theme in there.

Personally, I'm fighting for next year more than anything at this point.

Pulse looks interesting....

PencilTest

Pulse looks interesting....
Yeah...sorta...I guess...
It just kinda looks like all the other remade Japanese horror movies that have come out over the past few years. They're starting to get a bit repetitive to me. Seems like the two major trends in horror these days are the Grime 'n' Gore Torturers like Hostel and Saw and the Japanese Remakes like The Ring and The Grudge. I dunno. Am I the only one seeing this?

PencilTest

91-92 File has been opened.

Interesting concept with no real info in regards to this year's event. It really is just an archive.
True, there's not a whole lotta info about this year, but the idea is to show what's been done in the past in order to make us wonder what will be back. Plus, consider last year's site, and the year before that. Mostly just teasers in the beginning designed to get you curious, but not much real info. That'll come later.

WDWFREAK53

Yeah...sorta...I guess...
It just kinda looks like all the other remade Japanese horror movies that have come out over the past few years. They're starting to get a bit repetitive to me. Seems like the two major trends in horror these days are the Grime 'n' Gore Torturers like Hostel and Saw and the Japanese Remakes like The Ring and The Grudge. I dunno. Am I the only one seeing this?

Horror is a very "trendy" genre. Think about it...Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street...they were all about weirdo's going around hacking people up.

Then you get into the "Sci-Fi" horror stage. (Aliens, Predators, etc.)

Then came the "teen slasher" flicks. (Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legends, etc.)

Now seems to be the "Gore" with Saws, Hostels, Descents, etc.

"Technological" Horror (as I like to call it) is just present and "popular" now because this is the age of technology (Pulse with computers, Ring with movies, The Grudge, etc.)...I'm surprised there hasn't been a movie about a killer Cell-phone or Ipod.

PencilTest

Horror is a very "trendy" genre. Think about it...Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street...they were all about weirdo's going around hacking people up.

Then came the "teen slasher" flicks. (Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legends, etc.)

"Technological" Horror (as I like to call it) is just present and "popular" now because this is the age of technology (Pulse with computers, Ring with movies, The Grudge, etc.)...I'm surprised there hasn't been a movie about a killer Cell-phone or Ipod.
Oh, absolutely. Two of my favorites (Last House on the Left and Texas Chainsaw Massacre) are from the 70's, when they were really experimenting with the theme of cultural decay. As for killer cell phones and iPods? Well, we came pretty close earlier this year with Stay Alive, the one about killer video games. Two words: Pure. Genius.

Legacy

:lookaroun

Do a search for One Last Call.

WDWFREAK53

:lookaroun

Do a search for One Last Call.

Hmmm...what about a killer "Disney Forum" :lookaroun

I can see it now...

"You resurrected a very DEAD THREAD!"

"Choose your fate!"

How do you want to die???

Do you want to enter the 5th gate?
Do you want your brain to expand along with the monorail?!?!?!
Will Harry Potter be the one that brings you to the light at the end of the tunnel?

Then...the killer could be a crazy made up figure...that only lurks among the forums...and we only know him as "Ryan!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom