Halloween Horror Nights "Sweet 16"

JROK

I am tring to get a Halloween Horror Night's fan forum started up. I got it made and everything just need some people. :p... so help me advertise please! You can visit it here: http://s9.invisionfree.com/Universal_HHN_XVI/

I'm getting a shorter more memorable URL that comes active in about 24-hours.

Long Live HHN! :D

Not to be mean, but there are already some popular HHN forums...

www.ChainsawWolf.com is celebrating its 4th year and has over 1,000 members, and at least 1/2 of the regular active members are scare-actors at the event...

www.HHNVaultForums.com , part of www.HHNVault.com , these forums are more fan based and have a few members from ChainsawWolf as well...

Both of the forums are also frequented by members of Universal Creative who also make surprise visits to the annual meets...

Just thought I'd let you know...

JROK

Official Press Release

Here's the official press release for the event...

16 August 2006
Horror Comes Home on September 29 - Halloween Horror Nights Returns to Universal Studios

Classic Scares From The Past 15 Years Are Reinvented To Make Halloween Horror Nights 16 The Most Intense, Most Frightening In The Event’s History
ORLANDO, Fla. – Halloween Horror Nights is returning to Universal Studios - where it all began - to celebrate its “Sweet 16” with a horror-filled homecoming that will feature new twists on the most frightening scares from the past 15 years to create the ultimate Halloween experience.

Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando, one of the country’s largest and most elaborate Halloween celebrations, will return to the Universal Studios theme park for 19 select nights running from Sept. 29-30 through Oct. 6-8, 11-15, 19-22, 26-29, and 31.

This year’s event will feature seven classic haunted houses with frightening new elements, new shows - including a Halloween version of Universal 360 and a new version of the popular “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure” stage show. In addition, inescapable scare zones and haunted houses, featuring some familiar faces and shocking new scares, will have guests writhing in fear.

“In its 16th year, this is the perfect time to bring Halloween Horror Nights home to Universal Studios” said Jim Timon, senior vice president of entertainment for Universal Orlando. “We’ve had the opportunity to resurrect some of the most frightening and intense elements of years past. Our guests will be horrified by what we’ve done.”

Universal 360 – Halloween

Each night throughout the event, guests can relive some of the most intense moments from Universal’s horror film history during the Halloween version of Universal 360. Hosted by one of Universal’s most eccentric Halloween characters, the lagoon show will have guests cringing with fear throughout the night.
Universal 360 is a first-ever combination of 360-degree spherical projection, lasers, pyro effects, digital mapping technology–and four enormous spheres spread across acres of waterfront at the Universal Studios theme park. The spheres, which are 30-feet tall and 36-feet wide, float in the park’s central lagoon and serve as giant outdoor projection screens. Digital mapping technology allows Universal to project images and effects on buildings around the lagoon– transforming entire buildings into walls of flame.
The summer version of the Universal 360 show has closed in preparation for the Halloween Horror Nights.
Scream Early
New this year, Florida residents can spend a few hours experiencing the thrills of the Islands of Adventure theme park before descending into the scares of Halloween Horror Nights 16. Guests can scream early for $10 plus tax in addition to Florida resident Halloween Horror Nights ticket. This will grant them admission to Islands of Adventure from 4-7pm as well as direct, preferred admission to Halloween Horror Nights.
Halloween Horror Nights is a special ticket event and is $59.95 plus tax for day-of event. Florida residents can purchase tickets in advance for $52.95 plus tax. For more information on discounts and travel packages, or to purchase tickets, guests may visit the website at www.halloweenhorrornights.com, the front gate of the theme parks and Ticketmaster. Because of the event’s popularity, tickets are expected to sell out and should be purchased far in advance.
The Universal Orlando resort destination (www.universalorlando.com) includes two dramatically distinct and adjacent theme parks, the Universal Studios motion picture and television theme park and Islands of Adventure, Orlando's most thrilling and exhilarating theme park. Universal Orlando also includes CityWalk, a 30-acre dining, shopping, club and live-entertainment venue as well as premier on-site Loews hotels and world-class film and television production facilities.

http://media.universalorlandoresort.hassmsl.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=121

Mickey4Eva

Thanks for the info. :)

I need a favor, does anyone have UPC code from a coke can or bottle so I can purchase the HHN tickets with FL resident. I live in Miami but have not found any specific coke products about HHN.

THanks I would really appreciate it. :)

JROK

Thanks for the info. :)

I need a favor, does anyone have UPC code from a coke can or bottle so I can purchase the HHN tickets with FL resident. I live in Miami but have not found any specific coke products about HHN.

THanks I would really appreciate it. :)

Those cans haven't started to fill the shelves yet... Wait till early September...

JROK

Another website update!

Files 95-96 have been added to the Behind the Screams page and a Production Die-ry has been added!

bayoutinkbelle

Thanks, JROK! The site really is feeding my anticipation. A few friends and I are trying the VIP tour this time. I'm definitely looking forward to it. :D

JROK

Man, I'm slowly becoming more and more like the Caretaker... I'm getting old and slow...

But yes, I've been extremely busy now that school is in session again... taking 15 credit hours and also working takes a lot of time... But I like all the updates... just wish there'd be some diary updates...

As for updates from the park, check out NickC from HHNVault's page...
http://www.horrornights.be/con_16.html ... Lots of scarezones are starting to come together...

Sam84

Hey yall, this will be my 3rd year attending HHN, I've been to 13 and 15. It will be a new experience for me, you can say, since this will be the first time I will be at HHN in USF. I do have two questions though. Would you prefer a HHN event at USF or IOA, possibly scarier at USF? Also, after looking at the event map it seems there is a lot of open space inbetween scare zones. So what happens in these large open areas not charted by a scarezone, is it just a plain path to the next scarezone or will it be crawling with scareactors? Since I'm used to the IOA circle scheme of things there wasn't much navigation needed to get to the next scarezone, it was just continue on with the circle. I liked HHN at IOA because it was constant and you couldn't turn a corner without someone being there to jump out of the bushes. None the less, HHN is awesome and I will be attending this year and many years to come. I was just curious with those questions because of the new setting, for me at least.

Thanks again!

disney_nutter

the website is looking amazing, cant wait to this year, but just curious does anybody actually have a favouirte year for hhn mine would have to be jacks or 04 when they had the queue videos etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom