Halloween Horror Nights "Sweet 16"

Legacy

coasterphil said:
What time do employees usually end up leaving the park during this event. Its seems like it would be tough on them.
When I worked as a scareactor in 2002 we would arrive to work around 500 to get in costumes and make-up and get our notes from the house managers. I was B cast, so I was off the first 45 minutes the house was open, and we work 45 on/45 off, alternating between cast. None peaks I would get out around 1230-100, and peaks between 230 and 300.

JROK

coasterphil said:
Doesn't that take a toll on you?

Yes it does... When I was a FEARcilitator in 2004 I would come in around 3:45pm and be there till about an hour or so after the cast would leave... so on non-peak I was leaving around 1:30am and peak around 3:30am... But I worked in the streets which close when the parks do, but houses are usually open for at least another 30min trying to get the rest of the guests through... so some of those managers wouldn't leave till 4am and would be back at 3pm the next day...

As an actor you usually get out about 30min after your final shift and it depends on which cast you are... if you're in a house you may not get out till 3am on peak nights... just depends... But this year the event starts earlier and some of the call times are 4:15pm and those people may not leave till 2am or so...

And almost every actor has a regular day job or is a student as in my case... My freshman year of college I worked HHN and had to deal with 7:30 and 9:30am classes the following day... I walked away that semester with a 3.5 but I think my professors were being nice to me...

So to answer your question, yes it is a demanding job running, jumping, screaming, being punched, and all of the above... it's hot and sweaty and you cherrish your 45min breaks... at the end of the night you go home only to wake up, take a shower, eat some lunch and go back to do it all over again... do I love it? You bet! Would I do it for free? If I got a dinner out of it, yes! :kiss:

Legacy

coasterphil said:
Doesn't that take a toll on you?
JROK pretty much nailed it on the head. I got gropped, pushed, cursed at, spit at, had beer spilt on me, and even prevented one of the other scaractors from getting ambushed by a trio of drunks because I stepped out of my shadow to let them know they were being watched.

But every time I had someone drop to the floor and crawl away from me it was worth it.

PencilTest

Yep, what they said.

If they decided to yank my pay tomorrow, I'd still show up at 5:00 to get dressed. To me, it really is just seven hours of pure fun. Well worth the toll.

Legacy

Alright, and just for posterity's sake...

I was Grim Reaper, B Cast, Original Screamhouse...

And I made the audition in 2003, but was anable to participate.

DisneyFreak1228

I'm a little apprehensive about HHN this year, because this may be the first year I'm unable to go, because I'll most likely be too busy working at Mummy.
Hopefully I can either be scheduled to leave early or (even better) have a day off so I'm able to join in the festivites since a lot of my friends are going to be in some of the houses.

JROK

Legacy said:
Alright, and just for posterity's sake...

I was Grim Reaper, B Cast, Original Screamhouse...

And I made the audition in 2003, but was anable to participate.

This year, my 4th, I'm going to be the Caretaker in ScreamHouse, cast B.

Legacy

BCNHF said:
Are any of the houses handicapped accesable?
All houses are wheelchair accessible, although in recent years two story houses have been made that require an alternate route for wheelchair-bound guests.

JROK

Legacy said:
All houses are wheelchair accessible, although in recent years two story houses have been made that require an alternate route for wheelchair-bound guests.

There is going to be another two story house again this year, but it will have a wheelchair path much like Vampyr did in 2004...

Legacy

JROK said:
There is going to be another two story house again this year, but it will have a wheelchair path much like Vampyr did in 2004...
Uhg... I hate those wheelchair paths, personally. They aren't manned and feel completely tacked on. I wish the houses would just stay on one floor.

JROK

Legacy said:
Uhg... I hate those wheelchair paths, personally. They aren't manned and feel completely tacked on. I wish the houses would just stay on one floor.

Well last year, Where Evil Hides had two versions, and one version was two stories and the other one wasn't, and they did that for wheelchair people... But eventually the other house turned into a peak night only house to cut down wait times...

It's hard to have a manned scarezone like that because not that many wheelchairs come through the houses... it'd be cool if they could somehow warn the scareactors and have them pull double duty just so they could scare the wheelchairs in that area too... I know whenever I see a wheelchair I try and scare them more so than regular guests...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom