Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (Sep 2 - Oct 31)

monykalyn

I've heard Netflix is very particular and made demands that were beyond Universal's budget. Looks like 2/3 of the houses that pulled out were Netflix: Stranger Things, Fear Street and Evil Dead Rise.
ST was more of a fans desire/wish than a 'sure thing'
They announced Monsters Collide, Blumhouse, Halloween earlier this summer so at most they had 2 IP to announce (and it was long rumored one was The Weeknd). Evil dead was pulled due to movie release being delayed.
So we've got 6 originals this year and looks like much more of return to traditional scares at halloween instead of kiddie zones like Stranger things/ghostbusters/beetlejuice. I enjoyed those houses alot but they were not scary at all. Hopefully it cuts the younger kids attending down (along with their clueless parents) especially as MNSSHP is back in full.

JT3000

"The Weekend" is the stupidest idea Universal's ever had for Horror Nights. What's next Lil Nas X?

ppZdt9T.jpg

matt9112

ST was more of a fans desire/wish than a 'sure thing'
They announced Monsters Collide, Blumhouse, Halloween earlier this summer so at most they had 2 IP to announce (and it was long rumored one was The Weeknd). Evil dead was pulled due to movie release being delayed.
So we've got 6 originals this year and looks like much more of return to traditional scares at halloween instead of kiddie zones like Stranger things/ghostbusters/beetlejuice. I enjoyed those houses alot but they were not scary at all. Hopefully it cuts the younger kids attending down (along with their clueless parents) especially as MNSSHP is back in full.

This is my first year going. I’m pretty excited. However I don’t think every house has to be inherently scary. I think there’s value to mixing it up. For example I’m most excited for the weekend house. I also don’t think I will do every house and would rather ride some attractions and check out the food and scare zones more. They have 10 houses there’s nothing wrong with 1 or 2 being kiddie as you call it. It doesn’t devalue the other 8.

matt9112

"The Weekend" is the stupidest idea Universal's ever had for Horror Nights. What's next Lil Nas X?

Is it? It’s bold and very different….. maybe it sucks….maybe not. As a first time event goer this year that house is what made me pull the trigger when I have been on the fence for few years. I haven’t been to a haunted house as an adult in my life . (33 now) granted I’m not paying event night hotel rates. Staying off site. I did pick a Wednesday and even then room rates with the AP discount were eh. To think cabana was sub 100 dollars when it opened.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Sign for the new lagoon show

To me, it's very much reminiscent of an old Disneyland record "Chilling Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House"

1661442756970.png

Which was often re-issued and repacked over the years

1661442799770.png

1661442815913.png

And of course, "The Story and Song From the Haunted Mansion"

1661443024633.png

monykalyn

hey have 10 houses there’s nothing wrong with 1 or 2 being kiddie as you call it. It doesn’t devalue the other 8.
Yeah go ahead and say that after you've been held up in Stranger things for 2nd time due to a terrified kid-because the parents thought it'd be like Disney & the kid liked the show (Mind flayer room was awesome). Or the poor infant carried through these very very loud houses. Or the parents having absolute meltdowns when told NO they cannot push the stroller with sleepy 3 year old through the house.. (yep personally witnessed all these over the years). Like I said I enjoyed the houses alot-the more comedy than horror houses (GHostbusters and Beetlejuice were so fun!)-but it is NOT a kid event. Never said it devalues the other houses either. It's a horror event not a Not-so-scary event. I'm wondering if Bugs and maybe coven might be along lines of more campy than scary-both concepts sound pretty fun.

JT3000

Yeah go ahead and say that after you've been held up in Stranger things for 2nd time due to a terrified kid-because the parents thought it'd be like Disney & the kid liked the show (Mind flayer room was awesome). Or the poor infant carried through these very very loud houses. Or the parents having absolute meltdowns when told NO they cannot push the stroller with sleepy 3 year old through the house.. (yep personally witnessed all these over the years). Like I said I enjoyed the houses alot-the more comedy than horror houses (GHostbusters and Beetlejuice were so fun!)-but it is NOT a kid event. Never said it devalues the other houses either. It's a horror event not a Not-so-scary event. I'm wondering if Bugs and maybe coven might be along lines of more campy than scary-both concepts sound pretty fun.
This stuff happens no matter what properties they bring to the event. Some people just lack common sense.

matt9112

That’s going to happen period. That’s dumb people. There’s really no way around that without age restricting entire event. And due to complexity of that you really can’t age gate it unless it’s 18+ 12 year olds don’t usually have IDs

I would say event has gotten so big and popular they COULD probably 18+ it and make enough money still however the optics would be a train wreck. Unfortunately it’s a family vacation resort.

In your specific cases I would hope they swiftly move those people out of houses and really just crack down and idiots.

Tom Morrow

Taking bets that The Weeknd will be the most fun and/or interesting house this year. They're obviously confident in it. Heaven forbid they try something new instead of, you know, Michael Meyers for the 20th time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom