Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

Sneaky

Original Poster
I was just thinking that. If they replace Muppets in DHS and then replace HoP and do a bunch of other replacements - it’s so ridiculous how much money Disney blows rearranging deck chairs and not even increasing capacity.

You want to put Muppets somewhere? Well, just keep MV. But if you have to put them somewhere new, make it Stitch or Wonders of Life. Y’know, actually expand the parks.
Better yet move muppetvision, but no way they’d do that. I know we won with bears, but I don’t think we win this time.

Ghost93

If I were Disney I'd announce that Hall of Presidents was temporarily closing so it could be moved to Epcot....and then would just silently close the project permanently.

The attraction will continue to generate needless controversy if it remains open, yet shutting it down could also ignite controversy.

BagOfGroceries

It didn't change, the audience did
This, right here. While the show may strive to be apolitical, everything is political ever since internet became mainstream. The show has to stop more because of booing, it gets disrupted, disrespected, and so forth. The political climate of the United States makes something like the Hall of Presidents unsustainable.

ToTBellHop

Unless they have upcoming (unannounced) plans for Animation Courtyard as well...
That’s reasonable until we remember there will be a new CEO before that work commences and it could easily be canceled. Non-zero chance that we replace Muppets with the coaster and Launch Bay is still sitting there in 10 years. This is one reason I’m happy the MK project has just one phase. I wouldn’t want to see Villain Land canceled.

TrainsOfDisney

I personally think Hall of Presidents is excellent as is and should continue - but if they hired me to “fix” the attraction I would rewrite it with only highlighting select notable Presidents of the past.

Washington and Lincoln still have speaking roles, but then a few others are highlighted, Kennedy for sure. Maybe even give Kennedy a speaking role?

If they wanted to go modern at all - have George W. record a speech and then have his paintings on display as part of the attraction.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Walt is mad.png

"Stop it!" - Walt Disney

Ghost93

This, right here. While the show may strive to be apolitical, everything is political ever since internet became mainstream. The show has to stop more because of booing, it gets disrupted, disrespected, and so forth. The political climate of the United States makes something like the Hall of Presidents unsustainable.
In retrospect, Disney really dodged a bullet when Eisner's "Disney's America" park failed to take off. It would have probably been good in the 90s, but the entire park would have become a political landmine in today's climate.

doctornick

If I were Disney I'd announce that Hall of Presidents was temporarily closing so it could be moved to Epcot....and then would just silently close the project permanently.

The attraction will continue to generate needless controversy if it remains open, yet shutting it down could also ignite controversy.

If they shut down the attraction and Kamala Harris wins, it will be a terrible look for Disney to never have the first woman president featured in the attraction. It will seem offensive to not do a Kamala Harris animatronic in favor of Muppets. And if Disney shuts down the attraction and Donald Trump wins, the narrative will be that Disney hates Trump and Republicans and all of the drama the company faced in 2022 and 2023 from DeSantis will resurface and hurt the company again.
Or… they just keep it open and operating as normal. Since that avoids any crazy accusations of bias. The attraction as is operates in an apolitical manner. It’s changing things that would be controversial

TrainsOfDisney

In retrospect, Disney really dodged a bullet when Eisner's "Disney's America" park failed to take off. It would have probably been good in the 90s, but the entire park would have become a political landmine in today's climate.
Maybe.. the Henry Ford Greenfield Village does a pretty good job handling - the park that very much inspired Disneyland in the first place!

Stupido

My problem with a muppets replacement in HOP is that I don't really trust the Muppet quality these days. They used to be hit after hit, and now it's a mixed bag. Losing Jim was the beginning of the end, and losing Steve was the final nail. Kermit sounds weird now, and they've pretty much retired Rizzo. Muppet*Vision is a time-capsule that truly preserves the best of the best when it comes to The Muppets, and I worry a new Muppet attraction won't even come close. This won't be the fix Disney is hoping it will be.

Last edited:

The Leader of the Club

My problem with a muppets replacement in HOP is that I don't really trust the Muppet quality these days. They used to be hit after hit, and now it's a mixed bag. Losing Jim was the beginning of the end, and losing Kevin was the final nail. Kermit sounds weird now, and they've pretty much retired Rizzo. Muppet*Vision is a time-capsule that truly preserves the best of the best when it comes to The Muppets, and I worry a new Muppet attraction won't even come close. This won't be the fix Disney is hoping it will be.
Kevin? Do you mean Steve Whitmire?

Lilofan

They don’t perform it often, they need the right group of singers to pull it off - but Voices performing the Battle Hymn is one of the most incredible live performances anywhere on the planet. I’m pretty sure it’s still Johnsons arrangement.
What's really cool is after the Voices Of Liberty cast perform they stay for a short time in the lobby to meet and greet with guests. No rush to see the AA movie which have seen so many times. It is more enjoyable thanking / talking to the VOL cast members. Cast interactions are better memories we take home with us more than anything we enjoyed on a frequent trips to WDW.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Disney America was planned and ready to be built but the VA locals had the last word and forced Eisner to give up the plan of the theme park. Who knows there could have been protests in the theme park due to the winds of change.

FigmentFan82

When I was 10 (many many years ago) I did not want to go on HoP but was "forced" to anyway. I was wildly amazed at how much more entertaining and grand it was then I thought it would be. Fast forward to the past few years, I cannot get any members of my family to experience HoP, this includes kids, wife, and grandparents. None have interest. I think if we lose MV to MI that Muppets American History in HoP theater works well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom