Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

View attachment 809183
"Stop it!" - Walt Disney
I’ve always wondered what Walt would’ve thought of the Muppets if he lived long enough to see them become famous. I know Kermit is technically as old as Disneyland but Kermit wasn’t really Kermit for another decade.

If a time traveler convinced a young Walt to quit smoking, how different would things be today?

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Closing HoP would mean the loss of another WDW original/exclusive and another AA heavy attraction.

The Magic Kingdom may not be the original Disneyland, but its history and uniqueness has value too.

I wish others would appreciate that.
One thing that always bothered me was the slow degradation of Magic Kingdom’s uniqueness in favor of being more like Disneyland. Of course, now we’re losing something MK shares with DL, but it’s still an awful change so it’s not doing the park any favors.

BrianLo

Do we think the AA gallery would for sure go away?

I figure they just won’t have anyone (recent) speak and the Muppets would spice things up with more humor.

Or it’s a meta takeover of the attraction, with Sam eagle being interrupted. So there’s no recent presidents named to boo at.

ToTBellHop

Honestly everyone, do we think it’s realistic the muppetvision controversy pushes them to green light this faster?
I think with each day that passes, they are more likely to have to see who wins the election.

They should have just announced this on Saturday. The awkward part is they will likely need to announce MV is closing first, now. Oops.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

I’ve always wondered what Walt would’ve thought of the Muppets if he lived long enough to see them become famous. I know Kermit is technically as old as Disneyland but Kermit wasn’t really Kermit for another decade.

If a time traveler convinced a young Walt to quit smoking, how different would things be today?

If Walt had been alive back then, and was interested in puppets, he'd likely say:

"If we want puppets, we'll create our own puppets. Why the hell would we buy somebody else's?"

(takes a long draw on his cigarette, glances at Lincoln animatronic)

"But why the hell would we want puppets?"

Phicinfan

I am sorry, but I just don't see this. I get the political ramifications....but...

Again, IF Disney is planning to move off of HoP - they better be putting Muppets in here, with some kind of historical twang, to keep the uproar down.

I also HOPE, they are smart enough to move the Presidents SOMEWHERE to still be seen and marvel at the technology, especially if they start using the better technology out there now.

ToTBellHop

I am sorry, but I just don't see this. I get the political ramifications....but...

Again, IF Disney is planning to move off of HoP - they better be putting Muppets in here, with some kind of historical twang, to keep the uproar down.

I also HOPE, they are smart enough to move the Presidents SOMEWHERE to still be seen and marvel at the technology, especially if they start using the better technology out there now.
They could keep some choice presidents to interact with Muppets. I’d love to see Sam Eagle interact with George Washington.

Kingoglow

Let's be honest, The Muppets (while great) never connected to a majority of kids within the last 20 years. The Muppets (while great) have just been hanging around.

I will be sad to see The Muppets go, I just watched The Muppet Movie yesterday, but I will be fine if The Muppets don't hang around Walt Disney World.

Horizonsfan

If MV3D is getting the boot this year or in 5, I'd rather they pull the trigger on this replacement now. In 4-5 years I fear they'll have moved on to another IP for the HoP space.

The muppets deserve more than just a BBQ restaurant and spot appearances at festivals.

Magenta Panther

My regard for the current administration at Disney is so low that it wouldn't surprise me at all at this point if this terrible idea to rip out the artistry in HoP and replace it with a bunch of has-been hand puppets comes to fruition. But I gotta ask: if the puppet show in the windows of a building on Liberty Square was so popular, why was it ended? It hasn't returned for a heck of a long time. I mean, it couldn't have cost much money to do it. Cheap - that's what Iger likes - so why didn't it continue?

BTW, what's with this attitude of "It depends on who wins the election?" You telling me that if the woman wins, the attraction will stay open for four more years, but if the man wins, it'll close immediately? I think some people are projecting a bit here. But we'll see. Anyway, if things have deteriorated so badly in this country that an AA president might trigger a riot, then the solution is simple, and has been suggested here several times: Don't have the new president AA talk. Just have Washington and Lincoln talk. The new AA can sit in the back and nod. Problem solved!

The respect for America that Liberty Square represents doesn't sit too well, apparently, with the dorks, hacks and saboteurs currently infesting the Robert Iger company. Those guys seem to hate just about anything that was built without IP. The parks should just be renamed "Merchandisingland" at this point. Appalling. And I'm wondering if even stockholders are feeling the same way. D23 didn't move the needle much for Disney stocks - they're still bigtime underperforming. I hope that's making Iger sweat a little. That'd be some comfort.

Well, there's always Epic Universe to look forward to...

Magenta Panther

Honestly everyone, do we think it’s realistic the muppetvision controversy pushes them to green light this faster?
Plenty of people yelled about Splash Mountain being destroyed - there were petitions with thousands of signatures - and Iger went ahead with the desecration anyway. I doubt that a tiny online protest would move the needle in any way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom