Had to cancel trip

hwdelien

Original Poster
Well, we were planning a trip for May 2nd which we now had to cancel. It's been a tough couple of weeks, first I had to have my gallbladder removed on the March 31st, then my wife had to have a 4th back surgery on the April 6th, and last, but not least, my 7 year old broke her ankle on the April 9th. All of these wouldn't have interfered except for my wife's back surgery. At 4 weeks, there is no way should could handle a 19 hour car ride, let alone walking or even wheeling through the parks. I'm so bummed. Plus, to make matters worse, while at Home Depot on Saturday, someone stole my Disney antenae ball and the Disney store doesn't stock 'em.:veryconfu So we have to do without until our next trip. What a bummer!

Guess I'd better go turn off my trip countdown. Sigh!!!:(

We are gonna try for September 12th. Hopefully, we can do MNSSHP for the first time.

mousebymarriage

I am so sorry to hear about your string of really, really bad luck. Hopefully things will get much better for you and your family, I will keep my fingers crossed!:)

That's horrible!!!! I know about hard times. I was injured by a roadside bomb in Iraq 5 years ago May 5th. I am still going through reconstruction surgeries. I've been to Disney only twice since my injury and did that with extreme limitations. I have a Mickey antenna ball I want to send to you. If you want it, PM me your address and I will send it to you. I'm serious. My family will keep yours in our prayers.

I will keep ALL of you in my prayers. What a shame. Disney Soldier, you are a hero--God bless you. Hwdelien, I hope your September trip is wonderful--I hope to see MNSSHP some day--be sure to write a report!

DisneyPrincess5

:wave:
So sorry you had to cancel your trip...but just remember that Disney isn't going anywhere! It will be there, ready for you when you are ready.

wdwfan100

I am so sorry to hear that you had all those injuries happen to you. I pray a sppedy recovery for you and your family. If it helps at all, we love MNSSHP and it is well worth it. God Bless

pacochran

Sorry to hear about having to cancel your trip hope everyone does well and gets healthier. We are sad as we decided not to go this year because of the economy and money, but at least we are all healthy.

As to your topper, had the same thing happen to us last summer outside a Wal-mart. I wonder what someone would want that for.

jenlar

Wow... I'm so very sorry! For what it's worth, September is my favorite time to go to WDW, and MNSSHP is worth the wait!

DizneyPryncess

Aren't thieves amazing people? Who in the world steals an antennae topper? :confused: Even though I always expect mine to be gone, it's just still shocking to me.

I'm so sorry about the bad luck you & your family have run into. I hope things start looking up for you, and I hope you have a magical Disney vacation in your future. :eek:

disneypearl

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip. It probably hurts more because it was getting so close. Hopefully you will be able to go in September. MNSSHP is a blast and I loved it! Use this extra time to think of possible costumes to wear to the party.

smk

That's horrible!!!! I know about hard times. I was injured by a roadside bomb in Iraq 5 years ago May 5th. I am still going through reconstruction surgeries. I've been to Disney only twice since my injury and did that with extreme limitations. I have a Mickey antenna ball I want to send to you. If you want it, PM me your address and I will send it to you. I'm serious. My family will keep yours in our prayers.
WOW, what a guy! Thanks for serving our Country and I am sorry you got injured.

To the OP, sorry about your run of bad luck. Keep your chin up and know this.....WDW will be there in September and by postponing a trip now you will have a greater appreciation of the one you take later. We had the same thing happen in 2007, couldn't catch a break, and postponed a trip. We went in October of last year and had a blast.

Norm The Skull

You know there's always good people at WDWMAGIC...

We had to cancel our December 2008 trip.

But it was for much more happy reason.

We bought our first house.

We have been here now 6 months.

I have my new Disney shrine in my soon to be finished home theatre.

And the best thing is we only have 600 days to go before our next trip December 2010.

AGentlRose

I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip, sending get well soon wishes to you.
Have you checked EBay for the antennae topper? I know it's not the same as buying from Disney, or have you tried calling the Disney mail order service; I've used them several times and even though you don't have an SKU, they are very good at finding what you need (Phone 407-363-6200)

lbrad

Sorry you & your family are having a run of bad luck:(
I will be praying for all of you!!!
Hoping you can go in the fall..It is beautiful that time of year!

Duckberg

Read your post & hope things improve for your family. Hope you can reschedule a WDW visit when you are able to do so. Duckberg :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom