Guests who Destroy the Magic

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I can't even tell you how many times we catch parents having their little boys ______ in the Splash queue. There's apparently something about all those bushes back there that draws them to it. It's sad, because if you ask the CM there, 99% of the time, we'll let you run your little kid to the bathroom and come back in line. That probably wouldn't work on every ride, but because of the way the Splash queue is set up, we can allow you to do that with minimal disruption to the rest of the line. Trust me, we'd much rather have you take your kid to the bathroom just outside the gift shop than to have to smell it for the rest of our rotation. Working at the parks, though, really was a study in human nature for me. You learn a lot about people in a very short time down there. It was especially shocking to me, since my siblings and I were raised to clean up after ourselves and behave like civilized human beings.

Why do you think its called Splash?????

cooleo

The only guests that "destroy" the magic are the ones that you allow to.

I agree with you to a point. I too refuse to allow anyone to destroy the Magic my family & I enjoy when we are there. However, sometimes it just cannot be avoided. And when parents will stand there & watch their kids be destructive, It makes me want to grab the parents by the collar & shalke them around a little. It is a shame when parents don't even know how to discipline their own child. When someone is doing something that is not right, my 11 year old son will look at me & ask me what is wrong with that person. We were in Buzz Lightyear this one time & some kids were peeling the paint off the walls while the parents were standing right behind them chatting. One of the mothers was looking at them the whole time & never said a thing to the kids. My son looked up at me & said "Dad, it's a shame what those kids are doing & their mom won't even tell them anything". Kids can be kids without having to act the way they do.

Joseph360

I agree with you to a point. I too refuse to allow anyone to destroy the Magic my family & I enjoy when we are there. However, sometimes it just cannot be avoided. And when parents will stand there & watch their kids be destructive, It makes me want to grab the parents by the collar & shalke them around a little. It is a shame when parents don't even know how to discipline their own child. When someone is doing something that is not right, my 11 year old son will look at me & ask me what is wrong with that person. We were in Buzz Lightyear this one time & some kids were peeling the paint off the walls while the parents were standing right behind them chatting. One of the mothers was looking at them the whole time & never said a thing to the kids. My son looked up at me & said "Dad, it's a shame what those kids are doing & their mom won't even tell them anything". Kids can be kids without having to act the way they do.

I know, Dad, I hate that! Hey, Wait, i don't even know why i'm talking to you, you're my Dad!:lol::lol:

wdwmomof3

Funny Quote!!:lol: By the way, just so you know, i'm Cooleo's son, the one that you're daughter likes:eek::eek::eek:

HI! So he let you join in on the fun here at WDWMagic. :lol: Well, it's nice to meet you!:wave:

Oh, my daughter would DIE if she knew that I wrote that.:lol:

VoiceGuy07

Your telling me...I was in the Land at Epcot...during lunch rush hour and a large family got up from their table (I was sitting eatting with my gf and mother) and they left all their trash! I was so mad... well I saw a family trying to look for a seat and they had food in their hands and I know how it feels when you just don't have a place to sit. I got up and helped them clear off the messy table!! This was before the pixie dust pins back in 2007!! And for the ones that said its between ages 10-30...I'm 22 and one of the few that care :D

Thats the one reason why I love going on the Disney cruise all the guests on there area always soo friendly and understanding! I have no idea must be something in the water!!

Awesome! Way to go! Nice to know there are still some folks who care about others as much as themselves. It's not so much about the magic as about being someone who lives in this world with others and cares enough to help them out.

happydisneymom

Is it that bad?

I haven't been to WDW in 10 years, I can't believe all the tales you're telling. How often are you seeing this type of inappropriate behavior? Ugh, some of it's disgusting. I so don't want this to spoil the magic for my children. We make sure our children respect property and discipline them accordingly!

I agree with not feeding the animals. My children and I were playing at a playground near a Canadian geese infested area (leaving their lovely "presents" everywhere). They won't leave the park because I saw an adult woman feeding the geese birthday cake. Don't curse the droppings if you feed the animals!

daliseurat

The only guests that "destroy" the magic are the ones that you allow to.

That's not really true. When inconsiderate people blow smoke in your face, knock down your child, block your view of a parade, make a scene at a show or on a ride you've been waiting to ride for an hour or roughly cut in front of you in line it's impossible to not have the magic destroyed somewhat. I'm not about to say, "Oh well, let just have our fun" and forget that my kid now has a bloody knee and is crying because she can no longer see the parade we've waitied an hour for. Granted, I won't let any of these incidents ruin my entire day, but it definitely will tick me off for an hour.

And I usually say something to the offending parties so I get it off my chest. Disney is one of the few places I go where I expect better of people. Usually, I don't encounter a lot of bad behavior. But when I do, it definitely riles me.

Iknewagirlnamed

:eek::eek::eek: Your joking right!!:eek::eek::eek: Oh my! There was one time my friend and I were walking out of DAK and were walking pass the Bus pick up towards the DAK castmember parking lot and there was a mom bent over when her head in a big bag trying to find something. And in the corner of the bush was a little boy about maybe 5 or 4 years old with his pants down pooing in the bushes out in the open... and it was excatly far back but right on the corner out in the open.. The mom i assume was trying to find something to wipe his butt!:lookaroun ...I don't understand that...when there is a bathroom not that far away... and people walk by those bushes daily!:hurl:
Just think of the poor people in landscaping and/or the people have have to actually REMOVE it. I hate people.

Iknewagirlnamed

My wife and I were on line at Splash Mountain few years back. These 3 teen boys had drinks and taking the paper from the straw wrapper and doing spit balls on the walls.

After watching this I tapped on the ones back and asked him...

" I wonder how you will?"
He asked " how I will what????"
I answered "how you will walk around Disney the rest of the day with a straw stuck up ur A$$???"

HAHAHAHA! Awesome. What was his response?:sohappy:

wdwmomof3

Ask her if she was having a "Magical Day?":shrug:

:ROFLOL: I missed that yesterday. Wouldn't it be funny to say that to everyone that you saw at Disney who were doing some of the things talked about on here.

Jerk breaking in line, as he passes you, "Have a Magical Day".
People leaving their trash on a table next to you, "Have a Magical Day".
People stepping on your child to find a place to sit for the parade, "Have a Magical Day".

I love it!

Oh yea, teenager walking around Disney with a straw hanging out of his pants, Are you having a "Magical Day" now! :)

camithepirate

So my rant is about grumpy people at the world. who feel the need to ruin the time for everyone else (what the thread ia about, right?)

On our second to last night during our trip in Nov. '07, It was the night where they wer testing the winter lights on the castel, and running through the show. My family, having really never gotten to watch the fireworks, staked out a spot a couple hours early on the train station platform, running shifts who would sit there.
Well, It was about 1 1/2 hours till the show, and my mom called me and my bf back to sit for a while. So, we got some food and went to sit. Mind you, there were 6 of us (not a lot) but we had a few chairs. A few minutes later, this (rather large) women in one of those scooters rolls up, completly pushing all of our stuff out of the way, knocking chairs over and all. It stook strength to keep bf sitting, as he was infuriated. We tried to nicely ask her to move, and help us pick the stuff up, but she insisted she was disabled, and we didnt desevre these seats anyway. Bf and I are very agravated, so we just sit there and make rude comments at her for a while. (not completly nessicary, but...) My mom came back a few mintues later and flipped out on the women. After bickering for a few minutes, the women calls us ungrateful brats, and gets up (out of her scooter) and walks away. :dazzle: leaving the scooter behind.

Just becuase she was having a miserable time and couldnt ride anything becuase she was "disabled" , didnt mean she had to take it out on us.

:brick:

Senderella

And many of times the animal may become agressive, even if its a duck it will snap back at little fingers that feed them.

Big fingers too! We were sitting on the stairs that go down to that little patio area at MK. I was holding onto one of the bars minding my own business and next thing I know a duck came up and tried to take a bite of my index fingernail. I had my nails polished a super slick red so I'm assuming it looked like a jolly rancher or some sort of shiny hard candy to the duck. It scared the pants off me. It didn't hurt but that's pretty bad when the ducks will come and help themselves to "candy".

We've seen so many animals all around WDW with some really funky colored squirts. I feel bad for them.

sandicinderelli

My mom came back a few mintues later and flipped out on the women. After bickering for a few minutes, the women calls us ungrateful brats, and gets up (out of her scooter) and walks away. :dazzle: leaving the scooter behind.

So sorry that you had to experience that. You guys were in the right. There are no preferences for disabled guests except were designated. She was abusing her condition to get what she wanted.

A shame! A total shame! I wish people would not take the "me, me, mine, mine" attitude while at WDW. Being a courteous guest makes the experience even more magical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom