Guests queue around the building to get into T-REX

DougK

Perhaps we'll learn how the food tastes after some people who actually eat there post their reviews. I am not going to assume it has bad food, let's be fair and try it. At least it appears alot of people are trying it!

fosse76

I heard that the Animal Kingom has a secret bio-lab where they stored frozen DNA from "Sue", the dino they worked on for the Chicago Field Museum.

And as a minor opinion, I hear they say it tastes like Jurassic Pork. :lookaroun :hurl:

Not true. Though Disney was one of SEVERAL corporate sponsors to assist the Field Museum in securing the dinosaur remains, it had absolutely no involvement in the preparation and cleaning of the bones. The Field Museum sent one copy to Disney and two to McDonald's Corp. If I recall correctly, they had set up an area in the museum where visitors could watch them prepare the bones for display. And you are also wrong about the taste. It tastes like turkey! :)

WaltsApprentice

Not true. Though Disney was one of SEVERAL corporate sponsors to assist the Field Museum in securing the dinosaur remains, it had absolutely no involvement in the preparation and cleaning of the bones. The Field Museum sent one copy to Disney and two to McDonald's Corp. If I recall correctly, they had set up an area in the museum where visitors could watch them prepare the bones for display. And you are also wrong about the taste. It tastes like turkey! :)

Actually the correction is that they sent one to Disney, the real structure is in the Museum of National History and one is on tour....McDonald's does not own one...they just helped sponser...sorry just had to say it...and I believe you were correct...they taste like turkey:animwink: Yum!

Jayhawkie

I have been to the one here in KC several times and the food is OK. It really is a lot like Rainforest just with dinos. The menu is similar too. At first there was always a line to get in. Now you can pretty much walk right in with no wait. I doubt it will be that way at WDW because you have so many tourists that will want to eat there.

WaltsApprentice

I have been to the one here in KC several times and the food is OK. It really is a lot like Rainforest just with dinos. The menu is similar too. At first there was always a line to get in. Now you can pretty much walk right in with no wait. I doubt it will be that way at WDW because you have so many tourists that will want to eat there.

We have one local...but we also went to on when we went to Las Vegas in the MGM ..just because we wanted cheaper than the normal food in LV... my mom got calmari (sp?) and you could tell from the flavor on the batter that they had not changed the oil out for a long time, giving it multiple flavors of everything else that was in the fryer. This was at a rainforest Cafe. It was very gross. And sadly floating in the very cool fish tank was a dead fish laying on it's side...ya not a pretty site at a place to eat.

All I can say is that those people are cray-zee! :lol:

But honestly, it looks very nice. I'll have to try it once the crowds die down (which will [unfortunately] probably be after my trip this Sunday). Although this would be an ideal time to visit the Rainforest, perhaps... :slurp:

tecowdw

I was there Tuesday night, around 8pm, and the line was still wrapping around the side of the building ~ my guess is it was at least an hour wait. Went into the store and it was during a "meteor storm". It was a VERY loud meteor storm!! Looks like RFC inside expept a prehistoric theme. Stands to reason since it they were both creaded by the same person. Menu is also similar to RFC, just different names.

I wanted to eat there but it wasn't open during lunch so I moved on to MK. Now that I've seen it, I'm not that interested in eating there.

krankenstein

I am at AKL right now, posting from my phone so bear with me.

I ate at the T-Rex today around 1 pm. I must say that I think it is better than RFC. Mom agrees with me that the food is good, it won't knock your socks off, but it's good. I enjoyed the place a lot more than any of my experiences at RFC and I will be sure to go back to T-Rex.

The atmosphere is great, but very similar to RFC. I think everyone should give it a chance! If you have any questions, ask away.

Disneyson 1

I don't think RFC's food is bad, per se, I just think it's about a tad better than Mickey D's. Therefore, it's fun for the atmosphere, but I don't go in expecting anything better than McDonald's food. I guess this would be heaven for picky eaters and wishers-of-better-food alike.

yankspy

There is something that I would like to add for the people that may be comparing RFC and T-REX. I do not mean the similar menus because they do seem to be so. I am speaking more or less about negative experiences. Just because they are operated by the same company it does not mean that the food or the service will be the same. There are many factors that might influence these differences. Poor food could be the fault of the Executive Chef. Poor service could be the fault of the management team.

For those who have had bad experiences at RFC, you should write to the corporate office. If they get enough of these complaints about a particular location, they will eventually try and locate and fix the problem.

Anyway, the themeing does look interesting at T-REX and I am looking forward to trying it.

gusgoose

I don't think RFC's food is bad, per se, I just think it's about a tad better than Mickey D's. Therefore, it's fun for the atmosphere, but I don't go in expecting anything better than McDonald's food. I guess this would be heaven for picky eaters and wishers-of-better-food alike.

Don't confuse picky eaters with wishers-of-better-food. I know plenty of people who are picky eaters, and would prefer a plain McDonalds hamburger and large fries to any meal at any gourmet restaurant.

Personally, I think Rainforest Cafe is decent food, just overpriced. I expect the same from T. Rex, but my love of dinosaurs will probably affect my decision on eating there.

mickey7879

I LOVE the Rainforest Cafe!! The food and the atmosphere both! Plus being members of the Safari Club always got us seated ahead of people and the free appetizer is always very nice! Can't wait to try T-Rex when we go in December!!!!! :slurp:

I know people have their own opinions on things but why not try it on your own first before dissing it? :shrug:

Timmay

And people say that there is no demand for more shopping and dining. Closing PI looks like a better idea all the time, no?:shrug:

You are right, of course. Don't take it personal that a few expect WDW to cater to them as opposed to the majority.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom