Guest jumps off Living with the Land boat to grab a cucumber

Stevek

Or, devil's advocate, people can have some personal responsibility for their actions. That'd be a vast improvement over a change that would negatively impact adult guests who can control themselves and enjoy responsibly.
It's not even devil's advocate. It should be the norm. The average joe wouldn't remotely consider jumping off a boat much less following through with it. Unfortunately, we are at the point where we can no longer expect some people to act responsibly. All you have to do is read that tik tok post to know that these "people" have zero sense of personal responsibility...they just do what they want regardless of the circumstances or legality of it. I'm guessing this is only the tip of the iceberg as to how they handle themselves.
Everyone remember this guy out here at Disneyland? How anyone could fathom that this is acceptable is beyond me but as I always say, if parents are capable of murdering their children, nothing should ever surprise us.

GimpYancIent

It's not even devil's advocate. It should be the norm. The average joe wouldn't remotely consider jumping off a boat much less following through with it. Unfortunately, we are at the point where we can no longer expect some people to act responsibly. All you have to do is read that tik tok post to know that these "people" have zero sense of personal responsibility...they just do what they want regardless of the circumstances or legality of it. I'm guessing this is only the tip of the iceberg as to how they handle themselves.
Everyone remember this guy out here at Disneyland? How anyone could fathom that this is acceptable is beyond me but as I always say, if parents are capable of murdering their children, nothing should ever surprise us.

Good use for all the surplus plexiglass shields as barriers between the growing produce and guests in the boats.

EeyoreFan#24

There’s definitely more to the story IMO. There’s what we see, what we read, and then what happened.

Just like there is security we see, security we “don’t see” and then security we don’t see.

and if anything is publicly available through the sheriffs office/sunshine law this is not high profile enough to send the records division into overdrive for media release, so it might be a few days.

Captain Barbossa

Now I’m willing to bet my bottom dollar that this incident was just 100% pure stupidity, but I guess we can’t entirely rule out the possibility that she might’ve had a little drinky poo in her system, but again, I don’t think that was the case with this situation. I think she’s just extremely stupid.

In terms of alcohol in the parks, the booze bring in the bucks, and we all know that the Bobs love the bucks. It’s not going anywhere. I don’t have a problem with it being sold in the parks. Doesn’t bother me at the slightest. It’s nice to stroll around WS with a beer. But for those who think that drunk shenanigans don’t ever happen at the parks, they do. I could write a book about the drunken nonsense that I’ve seen in WS over the years.

UNCgolf

Now I’m willing to bet my bottom dollar that this incident was just 100% pure stupidity, but I guess we can’t entirely rule out the possibility that she might’ve had a little drinky poo in her system, but again, I don’t think that was the case with this situation. I think she’s just extremely stupid.

In terms of alcohol in the parks, the booze bring in the bucks, and we all know that the Bobs love the bucks. It’s not going anywhere. I don’t have a problem with it being sold in the parks. Doesn’t bother me at the slightest. It’s nice to stroll around WS with a beer. But for those who think that drunk shenanigans don’t ever happen at the parks, they do. I could write a book about the drunken nonsense that I’ve seen in WS over the years.

I agree; don't think this was alcohol related.

Regardless, Disney has to stop this kind of thing from happening. They can't let guests get off in the middle of rides for a stunt without serious punishment.

GimpYancIent

I agree; don't think this was alcohol related.

Regardless, Disney has to stop this kind of thing from happening. They can't let guests get off in the middle of rides for a stunt without serious punishment.
Wire the rides so any guest attempting to exit the ride while in operation and not at its appropriate end gets tasered! That would (cough, cough) shock some sense into unruly guests.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
People haven’t gotten worse. Every living soul just has a cell phone now to record all the incidents.

I’m pressure there was a time where people would get injured jumping from one PeopleMover car at Disneyland to the next... also if I remember Correctly, there’s an entire documentary about two dudes who just walked around all the sets on Horizons.

UNCgolf

A dude got on the course, hit some balls, and ran from security yesterday at the U.S. Open. Unfortunately, attention-seeking morons like this are a dime a dozen. We have an issue in our culture with people thinking it's fun to see what they can get away with.

He had a decent looking golf swing too!

I think it was pride related because he had on a rainbow cape.

GimpYancIent

Lighten Up folks!
1624312041107.png

Piebald

At my Grad Nite a fellow classmate of mine who went on to become a somewhat famous singer then a millionaire businessman decided halfway through Splash Mountain to say, "no, F this" and jumped off mid-ride. I dont think he ever got banned because I'm not sure they ever realized.

That's all I have to contribute to this post besides what has already been said about how idiotic this guest was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom