Guess the 50 Golden Statues

UNCgolf

I'd be shocked if Tiana didn't get a statue, seeing as they're trying so hard to convince us that they suddenly care about The Princess and the Frog now. I'm betting on Anna and Elsa getting statues, too.

Yeah, the three of them will probably happen -- there's really no one else to include from Princess and the Frog anyways. With Frozen they could do Olaf, but Anna and Elsa are more likely.

It may just be that in movies where there are big/famous secondary characters (like Timon/Pumbaa and Cogsworth/Lumiere) they are going to use them instead of the main characters. We'll see if there's a Genie one and no Aladdin.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I don't think he is anywhere near as recognizable as the characters I mentioned -- he's a much smaller part of the movie too (at least I think he is... I've only seen PatF once but I barely remember him).
Louis is the gator. AKA the central character of the upcoming Splash overlay.

Sir_Cliff

Mike & Sully are a lock, possibly in Tomorrowland. Possibly Buzz & Woody in Toy Story Land. Jose and Panchito for Mexico (they wouldn't have Donald twice, would they?).
I still think they'll go for two Coco characters (probably Héctor and Miguel) for Mexico. I seem to be alone on this as everyone keeps citing José and Panchito, which makes some sense as they're in the ride. I just think the zeitgeist is more in favor of Coco than The Three Caballeros being included.

UNCgolf

Louis is the gator. AKA the central character of the upcoming Splash overlay.

Yeah, I know he's the gator -- I was just saying he has nowhere near the name recognition/appeal of the other characters they've released. I've never seen any Louis merchandise, although I'm sure they will be some after the PatF ride is finished.

Fear

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

Fear

That's not in the park, tho.

A render of a gold statue in the vein of the others sends a pretty concrete message. And the Minnie render is the same pose as the concept art we've seen of hers. I can't see how this isn't confirmation.

1626960355562.png

Fear

Full size image:

1626960855607.png

I tried to zoom in on the silhouettes to see if there's any more information we can get from this, but I'm not sure it confirms anything. The silhouette of Goofy on this graphic is different from his silhouette on the Advent Calendar.

Regardless, I do see Stitch, Simba (Cub), Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Olaf, and Orange Bird. An argument can be made for Hei Hei, Jiminy Cricket and Tinkerbell.

Having a lot of trouble placing this one, though:

1626961564274.png

Last edited:

Fear

Tree of Life? Trying to see if I can tell other park icons; maybe the Castle at Minnie's (raised) foot?

Oh, yup. That's what it is. I saw the Castles in there but chalked it up to the Castle logo the Advent Calendar makes up. It tracks that Spaceship Earth and the Hollywood Tower Hotel are in there, too.

Fear

The "Iridescent Eight" in front of the castle:
Mickey & Minnie
Donald & Daisy
Goofy & Pluto
Chip 'n Dale

I'm not so sure. If Lumiere and Cogsworth were one base, then it stands to reason Chip n' Dale will be one base, too. It's also safe to assume that there will be eight total bases in the hub.

I think there's one more statue part of the "Iridescent Eight", and I think it's Cinderella.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, since it's Florida, one of the characters immortalized in gold would just have to be Wall-E's pet cockroach palmetto bug.

Fear

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom