Guess the 50 Golden Statues

Fear

Nothing from the Fab 50 collection is replacing this; these are unrelated statue-related projects.

Do they really think that seeing a statue of Brer Rabbit would be enough to make somebody uncomfortable, regardless as to whether or not they know about Song of the South?

This is absolutely not the place to discuss this, but I don't think it's "we're removing this because it's offensive", more it's "we're removing it due to its imminent obsolescence". This statue has one thing going for it on property, and that's a ride that's being rethemed. Five years after Splash is rethemed, people would keep wondering what character that even is, and why it's in the main hub.

ppete1975

They're not going to leave a blank pedestal. They'll slap something up there. Maybe a nice fern!
1630693569268.png

ppete1975

Nothing from the Fab 50 collection is replacing this; these are unrelated statue-related projects.

This is absolutely not the place to discuss this, but I don't think it's "we're removing this because it's offensive", more it's "we're removing it due to its imminent obsolescence". This statue has one thing going for it on property, and that's a ride that's being rethemed. Five years after Splash is rethemed, people would keep wondering what character that even is, and why it's in the main hub.
by that logic why not wait till you retheme the ride. Pretty sure this is more pc related and prob complaints.

Fear

Well, here it is, minus Tinkerbell. I'm still surprised about Miguel:

1631040551775.png

Final score:

26 in Magic Kingdom:
  • The "Earidescent Eight" in front of the castle (as seen in concept art):
    • Mickey & Minnie
    • Donald & Daisy
    • Goofy & Pluto
    • Chip 'n Dale
  • Lumiere / Cogsworth (Fantasyland) [Near Gastons?]
  • Pooh / Piglet (Fantasyland) [Near Pooh?]
  • Cheshire Cat (Fantasyland) [Cheshire Cafe?]
  • Mad Hatter (Fantasyland) [Mad Tea Party?]
  • Orange Bird (Adventureland) [Sunshine Tree Terrace?]
  • Dumbo & Timothy (Storybook Circus)
  • Stitch (Tomorrowland)
  • Abu (Adventureland)
  • Gus / Jaq (Fantasyland? On the Castle?)
  • Pinocchio (Fantasyland)
  • Tinker Bell (Hub?)
  • Lady / Tramp (Liberty Square?)

8 in Epcot:
  • Dante (Mexico)
  • Figment (Imagination)
  • Olaf / Bruni (Norway)
  • Rocket / Groot (Future World East)
  • Miguel (Mexico)
  • Hei Hei / Pua (Future World West)

9 in Hollywood Studios:
  • Edna Mode (Municiberg?)
  • Joe Gardner (Rock n Rollercoaster?)
  • R2-D2 (Star Tours)
  • Woody / Bo Peep (Toy Story Land)
  • Flounder / Sebastian (Animation Courtyard)
  • BB-8 (Star Wars Galaxy's Edge)
  • Frozone (Echo Lake?)

7 in Animal Kingdom:
  • Timon / Pumbaa (Africa)
  • Nemo / Dory (Theater in the Wild)
  • Simba (Africa)
  • Bambi / Thumper (Discovery Island?)
Toys that were placeholders were Jiminy (MK) and Genie (MK). So who won?

Also, I'm still very interested in their exact locations (if you couldn't tell). Anybody wanna pitch better speculative locations? Do we have a list of places where ground has been prepped already?

ppete1975

Well, here it is, minus Tinkerbell. I'm still surprised about Miguel:

View attachment 585450

Final score:

26 in Magic Kingdom:
  • The "Earidescent Eight" in front of the castle (as seen in concept art):
    • Mickey & Minnie
    • Donald & Daisy
    • Goofy & Pluto
    • Chip 'n Dale
  • Lumiere / Cogsworth (Fantasyland) [Near Gastons?]
  • Pooh / Piglet (Fantasyland) [Near Pooh?]
  • Cheshire Cat (Fantasyland) [Cheshire Cafe?]
  • Mad Hatter (Fantasyland) [Mad Tea Party?]
  • Orange Bird (Adventureland) [Sunshine Tree Terrace?]
  • Dumbo & Timothy (Storybook Circus)
  • Stitch (Tomorrowland)
  • Abu (Adventureland)
  • Gus / Jaq (Fantasyland? On the Castle?)
  • Pinocchio (Fantasyland)
  • Tinker Bell (Hub?)
  • Lady / Tramp (Liberty Square?)

8 in Epcot:
  • Dante (Mexico)
  • Figment (Imagination)
  • Olaf / Bruni (Norway)
  • Rocket / Groot (Future World East)
  • Miguel (Mexico)
  • Hei Hei / Pua (Future World West)

9 in Hollywood Studios:
  • Edna Mode (Municiberg?)
  • Joe Gardner (Rock n Rollercoaster?)
  • R2-D2 (Star Tours)
  • Woody / Bo Peep (Toy Story Land)
  • Flounder / Sebastian (Animation Courtyard)
  • BB-8 (Star Wars Galaxy's Edge)
  • Frozone (Echo Lake?)

7 in Animal Kingdom:
  • Timon / Pumbaa (Africa)
  • Nemo / Dory (Theater in the Wild)
  • Simba (Africa)
  • Bambi / Thumper (Discovery Island?)
Toys that were placeholders were Jiminy (MK) and Genie (MK). So who won?

Also, I'm still very interested in their exact locations (if you couldn't tell). Anybody wanna pitch better speculative locations? Do we have a list of places where ground has been prepped already?
i could see flounder sebastian at mk little mermaid... nemo dory at the seas at epcot lady and the tramp somewhere in world showcase... joe gardner world showcase lumiere cogsworth world showcase

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
They'll probably use the DCA Spider-Man stunt mannequin launcher to keep the Tinker Bell statue in the air.

Fear

i could see flounder sebastian at mk little mermaid... nemo dory at the seas at epcot lady and the tramp somewhere in world showcase... joe gardner world showcase lumiere cogsworth world showcase

Please note that every character on this list is confirmed to be at those parks during their Instagram announcement videos and the bases for their Happy Meal Toys, so that's not in question. It's just unclear exactly where in those parks they'll be.

tanc

Would rather have a list of WDW original characters. Sad there's nothing from pirates, haunted mansion, or any other park original IP.

ppete1975

Please note that every character on this list is confirmed to be at those parks during their Instagram announcement videos and the bases for their Happy Meal Toys, so that's not in question. It's just unclear exactly where in those parks they'll be.
Oh I apologize I havent been following it that closely

Fear

Tinker Bell hasn’t officially been announced yet, right?

She's the last one. We know she is one since A) She's a Happy Meal Toy (along with Genie and Jiminy, but they're there to replace Figment and Orange Bird) and B) there's no more slots on the castle despite there only being 49 characters. It stands to reason Tinkerbell will be on the graphic flying over it as she often does.

kevlightyear

She's the last one. We know she is one since A) She's a Happy Meal Toy (along with Genie and Jiminy, but they're there to replace Figment and Orange Bird) and B) there's no more slots on the castle despite there only being 49 characters. It stands to reason Tinkerbell will be on the graphic flying over it as she often does.
So....no, not official yet. I'm not faulting your logic--you're likely right. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the announcement.

ppete1975

So I am a bit confused. After seeing video of the ones they have put up, are these temporary? If I missed it along the way I apologize. But I assumed the statues were permanent. With the way 50 is on each statue it almost looks like the bunting and other stuff they put up for celebrations (holidays or anniversaries), are they going to remove them in 18 months after the celebration, leave them with the 50th logo, or remove the 50th logo somehow?

Sorry if asked already

1631637542086.png
1631637577257.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom