Guardians Tower announcement Saturday in SD ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Yes, the super top secret information that I broke to the fan community many months ago is planned to be announced on Saturday during a Marvel panel at the greatest gathering of geeks, nerds and guys who have lots of trouble getting lucky because they'd rather play with their toys (the one set they have unboxed that is) -- Comic Con in San Diego.

It is apparently coming in the 5:30 (local time) Marvel presentation (hmm ... was it last year that Marvel and Lucas were sorta not there or was that just me?)

To be clear, this is for Anaheim. I have very conflicting info on a WDW announcement. Something may be announced or nothing or, most likely, something hinted at as in "the Guardians are also flying into WDW from the cosmos and we'll have an announcement in the future".

I do wonder how the Disney spinners will handle the fact they blatantly lied to people when confronted about the subject. My guess is they'll either lie more or ignore as is the current Disney Way.

Oh and on the subject of Marvel (and along with Darth, Rey and BB8 isn't that really what Disney is all about?) interesting read in THR on Stan Lee and how he really isn't making very much at all off of all the success of a BRAND he largely built.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
@WDW1974 or anybody else who might now. Will there be a live stream available? Im gonna take a shot of tequilia every time they use the words "innovative" and "immersive" during the announcement. Not sure if the human body is capable of withstanding that type of bombardment of liquor though. Ill have some magical cupcakes standing by to soak up the booze

WDW1974

Original Poster
I don't want to "like" this, but I appreciate the heads up, and, as always, the news you drop for us beforehand.

It'll be interesting to see what the response is when it's announced.

It will be beloved because today's fans are not what I would term Disney fans largely, they are BRAND extensions of the many different IPs/brands controlled by TWDC.

I would not be shocked to see them take a shot at people like myself that are critical of what Marvel and Lucas are doing to dilute the real BRAND -- Disney. It's OK, I can take criticism much better than Joe Rohde can anyway.

BTW, did you see that he retweeted @WDWFigment's glowing review of Tiffins, which by all accounts (except for crazy O-Town lifestyles with too much time and money who have dined there 10 times already) is not doing well due to its exotic menu and crazy for a theme park price points, was retweeted glowingly by the man, the myth, the earring?

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974 or anybody else who might now. Will there be a live stream available? Im gonna take a shot of tequilia every time they use the words "innovative" and "immersive" during the announcement. Not sure if the human body is capable of withstanding that type of bombardment of liquor though. Ill have some magical cupcakes standing by to soak up the booze

No idea. I'd check the official CC site.

yaksplat

merchandise-spaceballs.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I don't believe there will be a live stream, but you will probably find some sites live blogging the panel.

asianway

It will be beloved because today's fans are not what I would term Disney fans largely, they are BRAND extensions of the many different IPs/brands controlled by TWDC.

I would not be shocked to see them take a shot at people like myself that are critical of what Marvel and Lucas are doing to dilute the real BRAND -- Disney. It's OK, I can take criticism much better than Joe Rohde can anyway.

BTW, did you see that he retweeted @WDWFigment's glowing review of Tiffins, which by all accounts (except for crazy O-Town lifestyles with too much time and money who have dined there 10 times already) is not doing well due to its exotic menu and crazy for a theme park price points, was retweeted glowingly by the man, the myth, the earring?
#ApprovedBrandAdvocate

Tobe

That is one of my favorite drinking games to play while watching the modern marvels and travel channel Disney Park episodes! We only play using "immersed/immersive" and we are still wasted 5 minutes in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom