Guardians Tower announcement Saturday in SD ...

munchiezxx

I'll be at Disneyland on Saturday and Sunday. I'm very excited to see what it's like at ToT this weekend. Probably crowded.

TabulaRasa

Why do you think they're announcing it to a group of Marvel fans? They are hoping that demographic will give them the applause they are looking for, and they're probably right.
Oh I know, I'm just hoping for the opposite reaction. There are bound to be a large portion of Californians there, who hopefully will express disgust for what's happening to the park.

PhilharMagician

I am assuming that OLC is not going to jump on this bandwagon?

I must say that WDC's marketing is quite creative in selling, now maybe a little more creative in development of new rides and shows would be nice.

Californian Elitist

blank-face-emoji.png

Jahona

AT LEAST Disney World's tower is safe (for now). I'd rather DL's ToT be changed than have anything happen to the beloved original. Still though, I wish they would stop with these overlays and just build some new rides!

Having ridden both I will say DL's ToT failed to impress me. For a ride that came after the original it has half the experience. I'm interested in what imagineering can do with the tower, but at the same time I feel like you in that tearing it down and building something fresh would be preferable.

dreamscometrue

I'm old enough to have watched The Twilight Zone episodes (reruns in the 70s) and I absolutely love the theme of ToT at DHS. But that's me, and I'm kinda old apparently. Since I read the ToT overlay plays on here awhile ago, I've asked about a dozen people in their late 20s and 30s (who go to WDW once a year or so) and enjoy ToT a lot, what they would think of a theme change. Every single one said that they really know nothing about The Twilight Zone tv series and wouldn't care at all about an overlay...as long as it's well themed and is essentially the same ride profile. Even several popular Disney fan sites had 'editorials' stating the same sentiment. So, maybe it's just 'cause of my age that I would not want to see a change in Florida, as is planned for Cali. Are we just old? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom