News Guardians of the Galaxy party coming to Epcot this summer

Magic Feather

I’m having a T shirt printed.

Sleeveless. Before anyone says it.
I'm planning a whole series of shirts, maybe open a TeePublic store. They will all say "What a Thematic Disaster." -Martin Smith with a styalized, two color, image representation of recent attractions.
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout
  • Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  • The Other Guardians of the Galaxy One that was Infinite Universe last I checked
  • Guardians Dance Party
  • Incredibles Dance Party #1
  • Incredibles Dance Party #2
  • Pixar Pier
  • Russel's Trending UP! Vlogathon
  • Pandora-ish
  • ITTBAB ish
  • Nemo in Dinoland (still love the show)
  • Nemo in the Seas Ride
  • Everything in the UoE other than UoE
  • Frostrom
  • RnRC (sorry Steven)
  • Every TSL ever
  • Barbie in EPCOT
  • JIIwF
  • JiyI
  • SSE Descent
  • Agrabah Bazzar in Polynesia
  • Splash Mountain (sorry, not sorry)
  • AND MORE!!!
Coming SOON to a website near you, sponsored by ***** and *******... whoops ;)

KBLovedDisney

Party...wonder if it will involve any dancing
BlueFluidAntelope-max-1mb.gif

Epcot82Guy

I'm planning a whole series of shirts, maybe open a TeePublic store. They will all say "What a Thematic Disaster." -Martin Smith with a styalized, two color, image representation of recent attractions...

Coming SOON to a website near you, sponsored by ***** and *******... whoops ;)

Any we certainly can't forget... "As Walt Disney Once Said... 'What a Thematic Disaster...' "

(Bonus points for those of us geeky enough to get that one...)

mikejs78

Premium Member
For the record, I love all things Marvel, MCU, Guardians, etc. But they don't belong in Epcot. Put on this show in DHS/Cinemagine/Whatever the f it will be called? Go for it. I'm all in favor of that. World Showcase? A replacement for UoE? No way. Now, if they use Peter Quill to talk about energy and it's place in the universe? Ok, we can talk. But otherwise, just no.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'd take the lumberjacks in Canada over this.

At least one can argue that lumberjacks in Canada fit the country. This... this is just asinine.

One can only imagine the drool emanating from Bob Chapek's mouth when one of his favorite movie IP's and "Epcot dance party" were brought up in a meeting. Any bets on whether or not merchandise will be available?

CoasterSnoop

Because, yes, Epcot is, of course, the park to do this. I wouldn't support the Guardians coming to Animal Kingdom either, but at least Rocket's a raccoon and Groot's a tree. I even liked the first movie, and wouldn't be opposed to some of it in the parks, but of the four parks at WDW, Guardians fits the least in Epcot, and that's just what's so baffling. If Disney wanted some Marvel in Epcot so badly, what stopped them from Iron Man? The way Disney has been handling this IP since that first movie was a hit has just been an accumulated, twitching ball of confusion.

wannabeBelle

As an alternate location, I wonder if a dance party with a M & G with Star-Lord and Gamora at the end of the new attraction would work. Similar to the dance party at the end of the Minions attraction across town, but with a real band and the character interaction. Granted this couldnt happen for a while. but I think that could work nicely inside the pavilion.
America Gardens is a strange location for this in between event, but it is such a great location and pretty under-utilized, maybe that is why?
Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom