News Guardians of the Galaxy party coming to Epcot this summer

RSoxNo1

I'm planning a whole series of shirts, maybe open a TeePublic store. They will all say "What a Thematic Disaster." -Martin Smith with a styalized, two color, image representation of recent attractions.
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout
  • Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  • The Other Guardians of the Galaxy One that was Infinite Universe last I checked
  • Guardians Dance Party
  • Incredibles Dance Party #1
  • Incredibles Dance Party #2
  • Pixar Pier
  • Russel's Trending UP! Vlogathon
  • Pandora-ish
  • ITTBAB ish
  • Nemo in Dinoland (still love the show)
  • Nemo in the Seas Ride
  • Everything in the UoE other than UoE
  • Frostrom
  • RnRC (sorry Steven)
  • Every TSL ever
  • Barbie in EPCOT
  • JIIwF
  • JiyI
  • SSE Descent
  • Agrabah Bazzar in Polynesia
  • Splash Mountain (sorry, not sorry)
  • AND MORE!!!
Coming SOON to a website near you, sponsored by ***** and *******... whoops ;)
Pandora fits DAK like a glove.

RSoxNo1

Heck no. That's like saying a Jurassic Park themed land would fit DAK.

I don't care what anyone says. Avatar isn't Disney...
If Avatar didn't exist and Disney teamed up with James Cameron to create an Alien World called Pandora we'd all love it. They nailed the thematic fit here better than any other IP added to an existing park. There were treatments for Avatar that would have been awful for the park, but what they did fits the theme of the park perfectly. You can talk about execution of the rides themselves (not enough capacity and NRJ is too short), but the themetic fit is great.

GlacierGlacier

Heck no. That's like saying a Jurassic Park themed land would fit DAK.

I don't care what anyone says. Avatar isn't Disney...
Neither was:
  • Indiana Jones Adventure (Lucasfilm)
  • The Great Movie Ride (Turner)
  • Twilight Zone (CBS)
If you're going to make the case that something doesn't fit, have your reasoning be stronger than "It's not Disney" when some of the best rides are just that.

Pam Hates Penguins

Neither was:
  • Indiana Jones Adventure (Lucasfilm)
  • The Great Movie Ride (Turner)
  • Twilight Zone (CBS)
If you're going to make the case that something doesn't fit, have your reasoning be stronger than "It's not Disney" when some of the best rides are just that.

We're talking about a 12 acre land full of wacky sci fi trash. Yes, Star Wars also fits into that subject as well...

Pam Hates Penguins

Then you don’t understand DAK...

Hmmm. I would say visiting it multiple times in my life counts as understanding the theme park. I have rode every single ride. And my least favorite..... Flight of Passage. Why? I am on a Chuck-E-Cheese ride looking at a giant screen with my 3D glasses.

maxresdefault.jpg

Kman101

If Avatar didn't exist and Disney teamed up with James Cameron to create an Alien World called Pandora we'd all love it. They nailed the thematic fit here better than any other IP added to an existing park. There were treatments for Avatar that would have been awful for the park, but what they did fits the theme of the park perfectly. You can talk about execution of the rides themselves (not enough capacity and NRJ is too short), but the themetic fit is great.

Nailed it. But we could say that about a few things besides Pandora where some are concerned. Just like some people criticizing Disney Springs would eat up the restaurants and shops if Universal were building them. Or if say Rat weren't a movie and the imagineers came up with a fun romp around a Paris kitchen featuring a rat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom