News Guardians of the Galaxy party coming to Epcot this summer

Kman101

Their job is to make the land as immersive as possible, which means recreating the setting of the movie, which is sci-fi based. And based on what I am seeing on this forum, some feel as if they are not feeling the sci-fi for some strange reason...

Sorry, but pointless memes don't help your case.

Disliking the land because it "isn't a Disney IP" seems silly. It's a well executed land that fits the park whether you like the IP or not. Not sure why some can't just give credit to a good job. Yeah, some aren't thrilled we have a simulator, and the boat ride is short, but the dislike because it's "not a Disney IP" doesn't make sense to me. But to each their own.

If Disney teamed up with James Cameron for an original land and we didn't have the Avatar movie, some people would be acting differently towards this land, even if they say they wouldn't.

Rteetz

If Disney teamed up with James Cameron for an original land and we didn't have the Avatar movie, some people would be acting differently towards this land, even if they say they wouldn't.
That's actually an interesting thought. Imagine this land without the film attached...

I am a big Pandora fan too (not the film). I think thematically it fits AK much better than some of these other IP additions the parks are getting.

disney1023

I think Disney is under the impression that we just like EPCOT Center for the 80's aspect, and what is their big modern 80's property? GotG.

This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard from Disney. And this is only happening because Epcot has nothing for the summer season (or MK for that matter).

Kman101

That's actually an interesting thought. Imagine this land without the film attached...

I am a big Pandora fan too (not the film). I think thematically it fits AK much better than some of these other IP additions the parks are getting.

I've never seen the full movie, and I really like the land (so, IMO, you don't need to have seen the movie to appreciate the land but I'm sure it helps, or maybe it hurts it?). It fits well. They did a good job with it.

peter11435

Hmmm. I would say visiting it multiple times in my life counts as understanding the theme park. I have rode every single ride. And my least favorite..... Flight of Passage. Why? I am on a Chuck-E-Cheese ride looking at a giant screen with my 3D glasses.

maxresdefault.jpg
Just because you’ve been there doesn’t mean you understand it. Your posts have illustrated clearly that you do not understand the park or pandora.

Daniel21

One of my favourite things to do when in Epcot is listen to "live" music of an evening at America Gardens Theatre, unless you are there when a festival is in progress this doesn't happen. As long as the music is played by musicians in the flesh I'm all for this.

nitstalker

Wonder if this is going to be like the discontinued Mad Tea Party at DCA (That was fun)

As a side note... Can't wait for the Fox acquisition to be completed to get rid of the Pandora not a Disney IP arguments everywhere...

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The rotunda is a place of calm reflection to me. Dignified and stately. I don't need to hear screaming comic book superheroes cheered on by drunks as I try to reflect on the virtues that made America.

Why did EPCOT ever decide to destroy itself to cater to the drunk lout?
I will take " What makes a boatload of money ? " for 100 please Bob.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom