News Guardians of the Galaxy party coming to Epcot this summer

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Between the new name for Flights of Wonder and .... this ... wow.

Both of these feel like jokes :confused: but I know they aren't and that makes me sad.

I really couldn't care less about the name of the flights of wonder show as long as it is a good show.

This GotG thing feels like a really weird filler (especially location wise) until the attraction opens in a million years.

Jahona

latest

FerretAfros

This sounds suspiciously similar to the Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! show they had last summer at DCA, which was just as lame as it sounds. It almost-sorta worked as minor area entertainment in front of a new headliner attraction in a secluded corner of the park where 99% of the passersby were only there for said attraction.

Unlike a lot of ill-conceived offerings, it wasn't memorably bad, but it just wasn't memorable. When the best thing you can say about a show is that it's forgettable, maybe it's not one that needs to be cloned in another park

I expect it to be a big flop in Epcot, where they'll most certainly try to make a big deal out of it and place it in an inappropriately prominent venue like the fountain stage.

But hey, at least it's not Pixar Pier...

habuma

Im very into the band thing, and the song choices should be fun...

Hmmm..."alien band" it says. Songs from awesome mix tapes, which we know were late-70's/early-80's rock. Hmmm...what "alien band" could that be? Would a band who goes by the name "American Martian" (formerly known as "Mulch, Sweat, and Shears") and who is known for doing cover songs fit the bill?

Nah...that'll never happen.

(But if it does, I claim credit for calling it!)

drcasey

Do you all think people will actually go to this? Do you think I will get removed from Epcot if I steal some tomatoes from the Italy Pavillion and launch them Buddy the Elf style at the stage?

Notes from Neverland

Not saying I'm in favor of this, but I find it tough to get worked up when the same venue has hosted acts such as the Baha Men over the past couple years. Enjoy World Showcase with the soothing sounds of "Who Let the Dogs Out?" that can he heard throughout several countries. Where's the outrage over those types of "theme-ruining" acts? Are they forgiven just because they are involved with a festival?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom