News Guardians of the Galaxy party coming to Epcot this summer

J. D.

I'd not have hated Pixar Fest in DHS, the fireworks and projections (not their best show, but it has potential) and the Pixarmonic Orchestra. Bring back the Music of Pixar Live. Do Star Wars Music Live. Do Disney Music Live. Again. ANYTHING. The (now former?) Sounds Like Summer concerts would go well in DHS ...

DHS could desperately use some entertainment. Anything.
A "Music of Star Wars Live" show would be amazing (Not that the park needs more Star Wars, but I could see it being popular). Or even a show based around classic movie themes.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And is this also not appropriate for Epcot?...

Here is the updated 2018 Eat to the Beat performer schedule:​
  • August 30 to 31: Blue October
  • September 1 to 3: Tiffany
  • September 4 to 5: NEW! MercyMe
  • September 6 to 7: NEW! Glass Tiger
  • September 8 to 9: NEW! Tauren Wells
  • September 10 to 11: Postmodern Jukebox
  • September 12 to 13: NEW! Vertical Horizon
  • September 14 to 16: Baha Men
  • September 17 to 19: Plain White T’s
  • September 20 to 21: Living Colour
  • September 22 to 23: NEW! Sheila E
  • September 24 to 26: Sugar Ray
  • September 27 to 28: David Cook
  • September 29 to 30: Jeffrey Osborne
  • October 1 to 2: NEW! Jim Belushi & The Sacred Hearts
  • October 3 to 4: Everclear
  • October 5 to 7: Mark Wills
  • October 8 to 10: Air Supply
  • October 11 to 12: To Be Announced
  • October 13 to 14: To Be Announced
  • October 15 to 16: NEW! 98 Degrees
  • October 17 to 18: 38 Special
  • October 19 to 21: The Devon Allman Project
  • October 22 to 23: Kenny G
  • October 24 to 25: Billy Ocean
  • October 26 to 28: Starship featuring Mickey Thomas
  • October 29 to 31: Hanson
  • November 1 to 2: NEW! High Valley
  • November 3 to 4: Taylor Dayne
  • November 5 to 7: Boyz II Men
  • November 8 to 9: The Hooters
  • November 10 to 12: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Biff215

I've seen posts of people happy to see their favorite oldy band during the festival without being harassed that it shouldn't be there in the first place.
The music really isn’t what bothers me, that has been there for years. It’s the odd (forced) placement of GotG in WS. Not sure how else to explain it, but the lame backstory didn’t help at all.

Princess Leia

Found on Facebook:
5F0FC1A1-C526-4263-A49A-8DC508C2ACD9.jpeg

jakeman

I've seen posts of people happy to see their favorite oldy band during the festival without being harassed that it shouldn't be there in the first place.
The music really isn’t what bothers me, that has been there for years. It’s the odd (forced) placement of GotG in WS. Not sure how else to explain it, but the lame backstory didn’t help at all.
Yeah, I think that's what strikes me as odd.

They've used the America stage for music rather indiscriminately for years if not decades at this point (remember the Riverdance knock off in the late 90s?). I think the inclusion of GotG host/singers/whatever is just a little odd.

I'm ambivalent about this. On one hand the use of GotG is really out of place. On the other, this is an opportunity to introduce a younger generation to music they may not discover on their own without the IP being the hook.

wannabeBelle

Yeah, I think that's what strikes me as odd.

They've used the America stage for music rather indiscriminately for years if not decades at this point (remember the Riverdance knock off in the late 90s?). I think the inclusion of GotG host/singers/whatever is just a little odd.

I'm ambivalent about this. On one hand the use of GotG is really out of place. On the other, this is an opportunity to introduce a younger generation to music they may not discover on their own without the IP being the hook.
Good point, Now take this show and put it in the Studios, I think it would work far better there but with all the construction, there may not be any place to put it. In the meantime I will take the great musical talent and musical education where I can get it. Marie

Princess Leia

I saw the Guess Who back in 2008 with my family (we had no idea they were going to be there, just sort of stumbled upon the concert like 10 minutes before it started) and had a great time. So, that's a band I would consider an 'oldy'. 98 Degrees however... I'm too young for that to be an oldy band. :cry:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I saw the Guess Who back in 2008 with my family (we had no idea they were going to be there, just sort of stumbled upon the concert like 10 minutes before it started) and had a great time. So, that's a band I would consider an 'oldy'. 98 Degrees however... I'm too young for that to be an oldy band. :cry:

This is going to hurt you. A lot...
Nick Lachey is 44 years old.

wannabeBelle

I love the Guess Who, I had a great time at their show a few years back!!! Marie

Oddysey

I am no longer holding out hope that Epcot will ever be the place of edutainment and inspiration that it once was. At this point I would really just prefer to see the entire park rebranded and go in a single cohesive direction. It pains me to say this as the old Epcot was truly a one of a kind of experience, but at this point Epcot is already such a thematic mess, I prefer they just choose a direction and run. After rebranding maybe TDO can open the many shuttered buildings and areas. In my opinion, moving forward with something new would be better than the current mess and lack of options we have now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom