Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

Curious Constance

Here is a picture of it.

upload_2017-5-29_8-52-30.png

Awww, my 9 year old thought maybe this would be the entrance to the new Marvel land. LOL

Imagine the logistical nightmare that would be. hahaha

KyloRen

I don't know if this has been brought up previously but does anyone else find Groot's voice to be off putting? I didn't think it would be that hard to find a Vin Diesel sound alike. Wonder why they couldn't get him. Anyways, I'm liking the rest of the ride especially all the items in the queue.

mickEblu

From today's MiceChat update:

"While those on-ride videos became Internet sensations accidentally, one element of the media events that fell totally flat was the faux hazmat scene themed to the Avengers that was artfully staged just past the ride near the Hollywood trolley station. No one attending the Thursday media party or the Friday $150 preview party cared about it, and Burbank’s plan for that hazmat scene to “go viral” failed completely. The goal was to give people a big hint about the new Avengers high tech coaster E Ticket now greenlit for the expansion pad just beyond the trolley station, which is an attraction Miceage Updates have been mentioning for over a year. When you try hard to make something go viral, it usually fails. The folks at those events were there to see the Guardians of the Galaxy, not the Avengers."

IMO an Avengers ride makes much more sense than a Captain America ride. Your knocking out what, 5-6 super heros with one attraction?

D

Deleted member 107043

I was across the esplanade last night -- was so empty!!! Like a old school off season day. So crazy. Looks like crowds are picking back up today though.

Currently the only ride at DL with more than a 60 minute wait is Space Mountain. You know it's relatively quiet when the line for Splash Mountain is only 30 minutes long.

mickEblu

Currently the only ride at DL with more than a 60 minute wait is Space Mountain. You know it's relatively quiet when the line for Splash Mountain is only 30 minutes long.

Ok that's it. I'm upgrading back to the Signature when it's time to renew my AP. The perk of being able to go when lower level APs are blocked out is too good to pass up. Not to mention, Saturday's where you can go HAM and not worry about work the next day.

D

Deleted member 107043

Ok that's it. I'm upgrading back to the Signature when it's time to renew my AP. The perk of being able to go when lower level APs are blocked out is too good to pass up. Not to mention, Saturday's where you can go HAM and not worry about work the next day.

I thought the lower tier passes we're unblocked today.

mickEblu

I thought the lower tier passes we're unblocked today.

They are. Sorry I thought u were talking bout lines yesterday. All I've been hearing is how pleasant the parks are when the lower tier passes are blocked out. I guess I didn't really notice the difference before because I would try to go on weekdays anyway. With the wife going back to work soon, weekdays won't be an option as often.

Phroobar

I don't know if this has been brought up previously but does anyone else find Groot's voice to be off putting? I didn't think it would be that hard to find a Vin Diesel sound alike. Wonder why they couldn't get him. Anyways, I'm liking the rest of the ride especially all the items in the queue.

I always thought Vin Diesel's acting was quite wooden.

alias8703

It seems the inside is a ripoff of the Doctor Who (2005) season one episode "Dalek", in which The Doctor and Rose end up in Henry van Statten's facility containing artifacts from around the galaxy, such as a Cyberman head and a Dalek.

View attachment 207211

Dr Who was DEFINITELY the first place there was EVER glass cases containing artifacts or objects.

TP2000

Original Poster
The crowd dynamic at Disneyland Resort today is quite interesting, and noticeably different than anything we've seen in recent years. Basically, DCA is much busier than Disneyland today. Mission: BREAKOUT! is slammed and is the longest wait by far, naturally.

Wait times at 2:30pm per the Disneyland App...

Guardians Mission: BREAKOUT! - 180 minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 120 minutes
Midway Mania - 80 minutes
Soarin' Around The World - 75 minutes
Grizzly River Run - 60 minutes (it is currently 74 degrees and sunny in Anaheim)
Hyperspace Mountain - 55 minutes
Mickey's Fun Wheel - 40 minutes
Indiana Jones Adventure & Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters - 30 minutes
Splash Mountain, Submarines & Big Thunder & Montsers Inc. - 25 minutes
Little Mermaid & Mater's Jamboree & Jungle Cruise - 20 minutes

The AP's became unblocked today and have obviously flooded in to DCA to see the new stuff. Disneyland is quite manageable on this holiday. Happy Memorial Day to all who served our nation and all who love them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom