Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

TP2000

Original Poster
I finally found the Jackson Five version on YouTube. I like this song, and this ride profile seemed bouncier and slightly less scary than Pat Benatar. And in this one Rocket Raccoon just says "Disneyland!" when the doors open at the top, then you drop again.

Skip to 6:10 to see the Jackson Five version and song.

TP2000

Original Poster
Who would know what the heck that was supposed to be about? If I had been there, I probably would have actually thought there was a hazmat situation going on, wisked my kids away, and then laid awake all night worrying we were exposed to some horrrible toxin.

No kidding. I think it's funny that Micechat had to spill the beans on this dumb stunt four days later, and then about six hours after Micechat explained it slashfilm finally did a little blog about it, kinda crediting Micechat for explaining it to them first.

If this is what Burbank thinks is "viral marketing", it's obvious they have no idea what the word viral means. Total fail for Burbank's Marketing Department, but at least Micechat saved them.

Forget about the dumb hazmat scene and the weird manhole cover in the planter, the real first clue for the Avengers Coaster came back in 2014 when Disneyland held the first Avengers Half-Marathon and the route went through the big parking lot south of Tower of Terror!

Coincidence?!? I think not!
:cool:
631849_orig.jpg

2351metalcloud

You should know of even earlier Star Trek episodes of alien collectors, Kira [cf. The Most Toys, 1990].

It's a long literary tradition, whether of hunters who collect real things/animals, or supernatural/alien powerful beings who do the same.

So, sorry to take "ripoff" off the table in your attempt to find fault for who knows what reason.

When you make such blatant attempts to find fault based on stuff you're just making up, it's kinda hard to take anything else you say seriously.

According to the movie 'The Death of Superman Lives', at one point there were ideas for a Superman movie to include the character of Brainiac piloting a spaceship that is shaped like a skull and have a collection called a 'Menagerie' made of various aliens that were held in something like a zoo on the ship. In the movie GOTG 1, the collector has a collection of things and living beings in a building that is on a planet shaped like a giant head.

HonorableMention

I finally found the Jackson Five version on YouTube. I like this song, and this ride profile seemed bouncier and slightly less scary than Pat Benatar. And in this one Rocket Raccoon just says "Disneyland!" when the doors open at the top, then you drop again.

Skip to 6:10 to see the Jackson Five version and song.

Was it hard for you to hear the music/dialogue when you rode? From all of these videos I've seen it seems like you can barely hear yourself think over all of the screaming (and I like that Rocket acknowledges that in one profile).

Is it actually louder when you're riding, or is it hard to hear?

George Lucas on a Bench

The crowd dynamic at Disneyland Resort today is quite interesting, and noticeably different than anything we've seen in recent years. Basically, DCA is much busier than Disneyland today. Mission: BREAKOUT! is slammed and is the longest wait by far, naturally.

Wait times at 2:30pm per the Disneyland App...

Guardians Mission: BREAKOUT! - 180 minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 120 minutes
Midway Mania - 80 minutes
Soarin' Around The World - 75 minutes
Grizzly River Run - 60 minutes (it is currently 74 degrees and sunny in Anaheim)
Hyperspace Mountain - 55 minutes
Mickey's Fun Wheel - 40 minutes
Indiana Jones Adventure & Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters - 30 minutes
Splash Mountain, Submarines & Big Thunder & Montsers Inc. - 25 minutes
Little Mermaid & Mater's Jamboree & Jungle Cruise - 20 minutes

The AP's became unblocked today and have obviously flooded in to DCA to see the new stuff. Disneyland is quite manageable on this holiday. Happy Memorial Day to all who served our nation and all who love them!

Just returned from another gloriously uncrowded day at Disneyland. I couldn't resist. You could tell they were overstaffed, expecting to be hammered. Mansion had maids and butlers all over the place with nothing to do. DCA may have been a zoo, but I don't care.

TP2000

Original Poster
Was it hard for you to hear the music/dialogue when you rode? From all of these videos I've seen it seems like you can barely hear yourself think over all of the screaming (and I like that Rocket acknowledges that in one profile).

Is it actually louder when you're riding, or is it hard to hear?

It wasn't hard for me to hear. There were some girls doing that thing that girls seem to do in public now - making that "Whooooo!" noise and generally screaming a bit too much. But I could still hear.

SuddenStorm

From today's MiceChat update:

"While those on-ride videos became Internet sensations accidentally, one element of the media events that fell totally flat was the faux hazmat scene themed to the Avengers that was artfully staged just past the ride near the Hollywood trolley station. No one attending the Thursday media party or the Friday $150 preview party cared about it, and Burbank’s plan for that hazmat scene to “go viral” failed completely. The goal was to give people a big hint about the new Avengers high tech coaster E Ticket now greenlit for the expansion pad just beyond the trolley station, which is an attraction Miceage Updates have been mentioning for over a year. When you try hard to make something go viral, it usually fails. The folks at those events were there to see the Guardians of the Galaxy, not the Avengers."

Sounds like Phasma from The Force Awakens. They marketed her in everything. I think they were trying to have her be like a new Boba Fett.

I don't know anyone who cares about her.

mickEblu

That viral scene is painful. Hope those entertainment CMs had a strong drink waiting for them at the end. That said I'm anxious for the announcement because I'm curious about the attraction list, and how they'll approach the land's vibe with the big empty side of Guardians Tower looming over everything.

I'm curious about the attraction list too. I'm thinking (and hoping) that Iron Man is out of the cards now that we re getting an Avengers Coaster instead of Captain America. I think GOTG and Avengers is all we ll prob see as far Marvel E tickets. It's hard for me believe Marvel Land would have a third one. The caveat of course is that GOTG is an overlay and not a brand new attraction. Not sure there would be the space for a third attraction anyway considering the shops, restaurants, meet and greets and walkways. Unless... Bugs Land is on the chopping block too.

SSG

Wikipedia has this list of items in the MB queue:

Within the waiting area, guests are allowed to view the many items in the Collector's archive. The artifacts are expected to be in rotation. Various items from Guardians of the Galaxy, the Marvel Universe, and inactive animatronics from Disney attractions are present including:

An Ultron sentry with light up eyes that blinks occasionally, and will randomly activate quoting lines from Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Cosmo the Spacedog.
A Nova Corps uniform.
Adam Warlock's cocoon. (Listed as "Cocoon of Unknown Origin")
Warlock's Eye.
Kree weapons and orb. (From Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode Failed Experiments)
Rocket Raccoon's Laser Cannon.
Terrigen crystals.
Einherjar uniform.
Brazier of Bom'Galiath
Crystal of Conquest.
Stormbreaker. (Beta Ray Bill's hammer)
Atlantis artifacts.
A book describing the Dark Elves and one of their daggers. (From Thor: The Dark World)
Figment from Epcot's original Journey Into Imagination.
The original yeti from Disneyland's Matterhorn Bobsleds.
A Bellhop's hat, a luggage tag (as a bookmark), and a painting from the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
More items are located in the Collector's office including:
A Hydra soldier's helmet and weapons.
Crimson Bands of Cyttorak.
Peter Quill's Walkman. (Rocket grabs it before leaving the room)

c-one

A low key crazy thing to me is getting Benicio del Toro and Chris Pratt for a theme park ride. Like those guys don't come cheap! I still remember the days of the original Star Tours and wondering why the real stars weren't involved. Different times for the industry now, though.

Ismael Flores

I don't get it.
Hasn't there been a few scenes like that in Marvel movies? One of the Thor movies has one of those scenes.
To me if I had seen that I would have thought

O they found some alien crap and or the government is concerned about the collector bringing aliens to california

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom