Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

DonaldDoleWhip

Got to experience this attraction once today - I really enjoyed it. This is coming from someone who:
  • has never sat through a Marvel movie and has minimal interest to do so.
  • enjoys Tower of Terror.
  • was against this idea from the start.
Even without having any attachment to the characters, the journey they take us on is simply fun. It's a great use of the ride system from start to finish, with an irreverent, bouncy, playful tone (compared to the more contained, orderly structure of ToT). There's a lot going on, but overall the plot's easy enough to follow (Rocket sets things in motion, guardians and the other creatures escape, chaos ensues, things work out). Ultimately, though, I like how the experience works whether you're invested in the Guardians world or just looking for mindless fun. In terms of the latter, it seriously delivers, but there's still enough attention to detail and storytelling to place it galaxies ahead of the Maliboomer (or Dr. Doom...). Also, it'll be fun to collect memories of the different ride sequences - my ride featured "I Want You Back" and it's been stuck in my head all day.

Well played, Disney: you've got me cautiously optimistic about Marvel's growing park presence. And perhaps interested in seeing Guardians of the Galaxy...

Professortango1

Yes good point! I'll just ask kindly ask the CM to direct me to the functioning AA.

I don't know, but I'd expect them to have both rooms in B-mode should one Rocket break down. Seems like you'd want to control the guest experience so people aren't upset about one group getting a superior experience to another.

dweezil78

See told ya guys! This would have never happened with a Rod Serling AA.
review_serling_7.jpg

mickEblu

I don't know, but I'd expect them to have both rooms in B-mode should one Rocket break down. Seems like you'd want to control the guest experience so people aren't upset about one group getting a superior experience to another.

I think they would rather have as many people as possible seeing it in A mode. How many people woukd really even know that they saw B mode?

TP2000

Original Poster
Got to experience this attraction once today - I really enjoyed it. This is coming from someone who:
  • has never sat through a Marvel movie and has minimal interest to do so.
  • enjoys Tower of Terror.
  • was against this idea from the start.
Even without having any attachment to the characters, the journey they take us on is simply fun. It's a great use of the ride system from start to finish, with an irreverent, bouncy, playful tone (compared to the more contained, orderly structure of ToT). There's a lot going on, but overall the plot's easy enough to follow (Rocket sets things in motion, guardians and the other creatures escape, chaos ensues, things work out). Ultimately, though, I like how the experience works whether you're invested in the Guardians world or just looking for mindless fun. In terms of the latter, it seriously delivers, but there's still enough attention to detail and storytelling to place it galaxies ahead of the Maliboomer (or Dr. Doom...). Also, it'll be fun to collect memories of the different ride sequences - my ride featured "I Want You Back" and it's been stuck in my head all day.

Well played, Disney: you've got me cautiously optimistic about Marvel's growing park presence. And perhaps interested in seeing Guardians of the Galaxy...

Great review! And pretty much my experience exactly.

I've never seen the Guardians films, have no idea who the characters are, and loved the ride. It's a big improvement in overall experience over Tower of Terror, in my opinion. So much FUN!

And I got the Jackson Five the first time I rode, and have since downloaded "I Want You Back" off of iTunes and play it in the car now.

mickEblu

Great review! And pretty much my experience exactly.

I've never seen the Guardians films, have no idea who the characters are, and loved the ride. It's a big improvement in overall experience over Tower of Terror, in my opinion. So much FUN!

And I got the Jackson Five the first time I rode, and have since downloaded "I Want You Back" off of iTunes and play it in the car now.

Is it just me or do most people get " I want you back?"There are 2-3 of them that nobody seems to get. I wonder if all the scenarios are playing.

dweezil78

So if Rocket on the tv is b-mode does that mean the actual ride is in b-mode too?

At least Rocket on the tv matches the ride now. Seeing an advanced AA in the preshow and then sitting through what is essentially a lesser version of Star Tours is disappointing.

You're in a drop ride physically dropping/launching 100+ feet multiple times, how is that anything like Star Tours? Because there are screens? By that comparison, is any ride with an AA a lesser version of Pirates of the Caribbean?

Professortango1

You're in a drop ride physically dropping/launching 100+ feet multiple times, how is that anything like Star Tours? Because there are screens? By that comparison, is any ride with an AA a lesser version of Pirates of the Caribbean?

Star Tours does have simulated movement and acceleration/deceleration as well. To be fair, the screen scenes do feel an awful lot like Star Tours The Adventure Continues. TOT has the more engaging ride system, but I think Star Tours has the better overall ride due to the show writing.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
You're in a drop ride physically dropping/launching 100+ feet multiple times, how is that anything like Star Tours? Because there are screens?

Yes, you're in a cabin/elevator which moves in sync with the video. They're both simulators. Star Tours has much more freedom of motion but Tower/M:BO has the height advantage of course.

By that comparison, is any ride with an AA a lesser version of Pirates of the Caribbean?

No, that's silly.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom