Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

dweezil78

And when we were in DL earlier this year, we saw exactly the same issues as you have stated. Chipped paint, rides down, broken effects, etc. Please don't try to place DL on a pedestal because it is your home park. Both have issues. Anyway, don't want this thread to be a DL vs WDW comparison.

If you think either WDW or DL has issues, go step inside a Six Flags park for a few hours... Will show you how much we take Disney parks for granted. :)

FigmentForver96

And it seems that most of y'all are blindly implying that the new area will be a miss as well.

Oh, and I have no problem with the placement of SWL.
Nope nobody has really discussed the land as much as the ride but whatever. The land may be awesome and the rides can be fun but that doesn't change the point of the ride which is what we are discussing. We get it, you will defend disney to your ever dying breath and that's wonderful.

Frozen is a great example of a fun ride that is and always will be in the wrong place. But keep defending Disney and just accepting whatever they do. They just LOVE people like you.

Stevek

I was saying much more than "being rude". But you ignored that because it doesn't fit the narrative you want everyone to follow.
It's clear that you're just another Disney keyboard warrior, here to stir things up and I'm sure you're enjoying yourself. One needs to look no further than you stating "your opinion is wrong" over and over to realize what you are doing. It's much easier to just say, "we have a different opinion" but you choose to stir the pot.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's clear that you're just another Disney keyboard warrior, here to stir things up and I'm sure you're enjoying yourself. One needs to look no further than you stating "your opinion is wrong" over and over to realize what you are doing. It's much easier to just say, "we have a different opinion" but you choose to stir the pot.

Thanks! I am sure my post history on this forum reflects that entirely....

Stevek

Thanks! I am sure my post history on this forum reflects that entirely....
Not sure anyone is going to research your "history" but your posts within this thread would likely lead people to think that. We all have differing opinions, Disney fans are incredibly passionate as you are well aware. It's one thing to say that I don't like the DCA TOT and we have a different opinion versus I don't like the DCA TOT and any other opinion is wrong. The former is likely to get people to engage and have a reasonable discussion with you. The latter just comes off as obnoxious and troll like, again, trying to just stir the pot and you really can't expect any other reaction than the one you are getting.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Not sure anyone is going to research your "history" but your posts within this thread would likely lead people to think that.

To be honest, I am okay with that. Responding to @Virtual Insanity , sure I was a bit harsh and could have chosen more reasonable words. I will own that. For Raven, I really couldn't care less. So that is that I guess...no use going on about it.

Californian Elitist

Oh my gosh, that was hysterical.

I have never been to Cali - could someone please explain what appears to be a painted sky background on the left side of the screen @ the 12-17 second mark?

It's a backdrop for the Hyperion.

IMG_2351.jpg

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Frozen is a great example of a fun ride that is and always will be in the wrong place. But keep defending Disney and just accepting whatever they do. They just LOVE people like you.
I do not accept everything they do, and if you actually cared to read my posts, you would see that. Just because I don't have issues with certain things, doesn't mean I like everything no matter what. So you just keep bashing Disney for everything they do, as that is all I see you doing. Certain people here love you for that. I have a question. Do you still go to DL or WDW? If so, why? You don't seem to like it very much so why go?

Professortango1

Never once thought it was mediocre...not as good as the WDW counterpart, sure. We have always loved riding the DCA TOT.

We actually prefer the DCA version. I love the opening/ending moments of the car's movement and how it bookends the experience, I love the tighter script and darker narration, I love the drop scare that comes at the end of the revamped Hallway scene. The original looks amazing, but the ride has a lot of dead air and the 5th Dimension Room is clunky in execution even if amazing in design.

I'm not surprised many people like the WDW Tower more as the facade and queue are incredible and the ride is about half a minute longer, but it just doesn't hold up. I also know a lot of people who prefer WDW's Pirates, while I think they should replaced that with Guardians if people don't mind ill-fitting attractions replacing "inferior" copies of original attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom